IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2009 isf stock alarm add ons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-18, 08:01 AM
Tiggaknock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 isf stock alarm add ons?

Just purchased a 2009 ISF (PIC BELOW) and I unfortunately have to park my car in an area where there have been recent window break-ins. The thieves already broke into my 2006 IS250, but didn't take anything. Just shattered my driver side window and went through my arm rest, left my money, iPod, wires, tools, student ID etc.....morons.

My question is can I add a window shatter sensor, remote start and proximity module to the stock alarm. I go on youtube and there's a place in Miami that has done it on a few cars, but I haven't seen my year or model Lexus on there. Also I live in Virginia, so that's a no go for me. I don't want some cheap sounding alarm keyless entry chime or that ricey sounding alarm siren that goes through the different alarm cycles. I want to use my stock horn and stock key to get in my car. I'd even say I'd drop the remote start to keep my stock components.

I've called around to many car audio shops here, but none are willing to install components on a stock system. They make it seem like it is impossible, when I can go on YouTube and clearly see many have done so on other cars. If I could do this myself what would I need? Thanks for the help in advance!

Old 01-20-18, 10:37 AM
N2LEX2L
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Odd that in a thread about protecting your car, sorry I have nothing to add as a solution, that someone asks your location, but where are you located in VA? 😄 ...asking from one Virginia IS F owner to another.
Old 01-20-18, 07:41 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Sup bro! Congrats on the car! What part of VA?! I'm on the VA/NC border....
Now to your question, this is what I do for a living.....and I'll say that what you're trying to do is an EXTREMELY tough, really next to, impossible job.
Adding an alarm to function off of your stock/factory remote is doable. Adding remote start to your factory keyless is doable.
Still have to buy an aftermarket unit/brain to do this. 99.9% sure you can not, and will not add on to the factory alarm. Have to have an aftermarket unit that intergrades in with the factory keypad.
As far as the siren goes, very simple...don't hook it up! Aftermarket units have a horn wire that can be hooked up if one so desires, that'll do what the siren does.
BUT, a few good reasons NOT to go with a unit that utilizes the stock keypad is:
*The range SUCKS!!!? Damn near have to be on top of the car (definitely have to be in site of the car) for the commands to function. You'll get frustrated with that FAST! 80% of the stock alarm/remote start users I've done complain about the range....which I agree with.
*Lack of the ability to have a 2 way pager (which ties into the first reason I have not to do this).
With a 2 way pager, you'll see if a door has opened, trunk has opened, tells you when the car has been hit/touched to hard, can adjust sensitivity, can add glass breakage and/or proximity sensors (not sure if this is possible with the factory add on unit...I've personally never done it on the factory add on units I've done...but can't say whether it's possible or not), etc.
Nothing will be more frustrating and embarrassing than your alarm going off and either:
* You don't know why (with the pager you will know exactly why it went off)
*It be a false alarm and you have to get out of bed, leave out of work, get up from your dinner at a restaurant, etc just to go and damn near get on top of the car to press your factory keypad to stop the alarm from going off...
With the aftermarket unit, you stay right where you are and stop it from going off if you want to stop it.

I could go further in detail, but about the best I can explain it typing... welcomed to call me if you'd like to.
Also, if you've never installed an aftermarket alarm/remote start/keyless entry unit, the ISF SHOULD NOT be the first vehicle you try to do it on.

Hope I helped!

V.
Old 01-21-18, 09:19 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

welcome and congrats on the car, it is possible as i had a viper 5901 installed on my old 08.