Figs or RR Racing LCA bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 08:43 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
That is correct.
We also have new stock of PolyElast motor mounts that we can bundle with bushings if interested.
Thanks for confirming. How much would the bundled price be? I'm ordering RR Racing's performance package and their motor mounts are discounted to $225 when ordered in bundle. FIGS currently has the PolyElast listed at $370.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-18, 09:10 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
Thanks for confirming. How much would the bundled price be? I'm ordering RR Racing's performance package and their motor mounts are discounted to $225 when ordered in bundle. FIGS currently has the PolyElast listed at $370.

Thanks.
We can be competitive. Pm for a bundled quote.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 04-13-18, 08:11 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
We can be competitive. Pm for a bundled quote.
Replied to PM. Thanks!
Old 05-14-18, 07:43 AM
giblet
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up an ISF on the weekend that has the RR racing USRS kit fitted. Stock wheels and tyres. What tyre pressures do people recommend running it at? This is my second ISF, been a few years since I last drove one and I’ve not had the chance to go for a proper hoon in it yet.
Old 05-14-18, 09:46 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by giblet
Picked up an ISF on the weekend that has the RR racing USRS kit fitted. Stock wheels and tyres. What tyre pressures do people recommend running it at? This is my second ISF, been a few years since I last drove one and I’ve not had the chance to go for a proper hoon in it yet.
36psi is the factory recommended pressures. You can start there and see how that works for you.
Old 03-30-20, 07:01 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

How do u guys like the Figs over the RR's? I heard the RR's are noisy AF? Do the FIGS have the same issue?
The following users liked this post:
Hamed1 (07-01-20)
Old 03-30-20, 07:44 PM
Tom2769
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

My RR's were not noisy, but they were more "harsh" over small road imperfections. The Figs bushings seemed to provide just as much stiffening (almost as much?) as the RR's but the ride comfort was noticeably improved over freeway expansion joints and those types of small bumps. No question, I preferred the Figs.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tom2769:
Hamed1 (07-01-20), nigel821 (04-19-21)
Old 03-30-20, 08:18 PM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom2769
My RR's were not noisy, but they were more "harsh" over small road imperfections. The Figs bushings seemed to provide just as much stiffening (almost as much?) as the RR's but the ride comfort was noticeably improved over freeway expansion joints and those types of small bumps. No question, I preferred the Figs.
Isn't the FIGS non track version using slightly lower durometer? I have the RR Racing ones installed but haven't tested it out yet on the street. I remember reading between the two brands that three of their products had like three different durometer bushings (all depending on what the owner was trying to achieve). Could that be a reason why you say the FIGS felt more comfortable?
Old 03-30-20, 08:43 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
Isn't the FIGS non track version using slightly lower durometer? I have the RR Racing ones installed but haven't tested it out yet on the street. I remember reading between the two brands that three of their products had like three different durometer bushings (all depending on what the owner was trying to achieve). Could that be a reason why you say the FIGS felt more comfortable?
Figs offers 80 and 90 durometer bushings for sure. There is a third option from Figs, but it's only for the committed. It's solid metal.
Old 03-30-20, 08:46 PM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Figs offers 80 and 90 durometer bushings for sure. There is a third option from Figs, but it's only for the committed. It's solid metal.
Yup, just looked it up myself.

RR Racing
- 95A durometer

FIGS
- 80 durometer
- 90 durometer
- Solid mounts
Old 03-30-20, 09:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I had the 90s for a long time with the front bushing as well. I never really noticed a significant difference in NVH, but definitely noticed a big difference in stability under braking from triple digit speeds on the track. The solid ones are significantly increased road noise, but they really get the front planted and the steering consistent.
Old 03-31-20, 07:20 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I have RRs and noticed no difference in NVH or harshness. Maybe I’m just numb. I installed them at the same time that I removed some swift springs, so maybe that affected in perception.
Old 03-31-20, 08:18 AM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts

I have the RR Racing solution and while there is 100% a noticeable increase in vibration/feel through the steering wheel it is VERY minimal and doesn't at all bother me. I actually prefer it to the stock feel because I can feel more of what the tires/suspension are doing and experiencing. After putting them on the stock ones seem overly muted to me and I would not want to go back. The car feels more like a sports car and less like a luxury boat with these on. I guess I could see this being a negative for some people but in my eyes you don't really want a sports car if that's the case.

As others have said though the biggest in my eyes is stability under hard braking. It feels so much more planted now. Overall a worthwhile upgrade IMO.
Old 03-31-20, 08:57 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by WillAP1
I have the RR Racing solution and while there is 100% a noticeable increase in vibration/feel through the steering wheel it is VERY minimal and doesn't at all bother me. I actually prefer it to the stock feel because I can feel more of what the tires/suspension are doing and experiencing. After putting them on the stock ones seem overly muted to me and I would not want to go back. The car feels more like a sports car and less like a luxury boat with these on. I guess I could see this being a negative for some people but in my eyes you don't really want a sports car if that's the case.

As others have said though the biggest in my eyes is stability under hard braking. It feels so much more planted now. Overall a worthwhile upgrade IMO.
This is exactly how I felt about the 90 durometer polyurethane bushings, and even more about the solid bushings.
Old 03-31-20, 09:02 AM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Have any of these bushings caused more noise? I don't want to have any squeaks if possible...

Quick Reply: Figs or RR Racing LCA bushing?