Old 03-30-21, 01:22 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Noise/Vibration/Harshness...^^^^^^
Old 03-30-21, 04:18 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I have the RR model and it didn’t increase noise. At one point, it loosened up a bit and I got some noise. After I retorqued it down, no further noise. I have exhaust and headers, so my car makes enough noise to hide any minor flaws that may exist.
Old 03-30-21, 06:30 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I had RRRacing 95 Duro on my ISF. NVH increased slightly but was no way uncomfortable. The handling upgrade more than made up for the slight increase. I posted this three years ago:

Originally Posted by flowrider
As far as my RRRacing "A" Arm USRS bushings, I have reported a slight increase in NVH. Certainly not much, but the decrease in nose dive and the increasing in handling and control more than made up for the slight NVH increase. They have been installed for 3 years now.

As far as my old bushings were concerned. I sold them to an IS350 owner who was happy to get them.
Lou
​​​​​​​

Old 03-31-21, 06:23 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
I have the figs and it's super quiet so far... not sure what noise you are talking about?

Also NVH?????
I'm more speaking for noise on the RR racing ones. Seems like people complain about the noises on the fb groups within the F community. NVH also more towards RR's. From everything that I've seen here and read the Figs is probably going to be the least impactful in terms of overall ride. The only thing that is kinda strange and it was touched on in this thread when Fig's chimed in is that when you watch his video compared to RR's you can see the bolt moving inside the bushing and it at times looks like it's coming out, but he stated his wasn't a zero deflection bushing and it's progressive, so what you see in the video is exactly how it's designed. Where as the RR racing one you see no movement at all. Which would tell me that's probably the better in overall performance but since it's not moving I would imagine that energy is being transferred elsewhere...hence the increased NVH, it wouldn't just disappear. I'd love to buy both and then see which one I like best, but that doesn't seem smart in terms of spending money..lol

-Nigel
Old 03-31-21, 07:13 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I say this kindly, but your over thinking this. I didn’t even notice an increase in NVH, but my car was lowered and had headers and exhaust with low profile tires at the time. Unless your seriously tracking, minor deflection won’t matter. Figs knows their stuff, they didn’t make a defective bushing. If your just driving on the street, buy the cheapest one and enjoy it. If your tracking the car, buy the race version. You really can’t go wrong buying from either company on this particular part.

I have the original RR piece on my ISF. It’s going on my IS350, and I’m buying the new race version from Figs for the ISF.

If anyone thinks these increase NVH too much, they shouldn’t be modifying cars. Their expectations are OEM lexus.

Last edited by Jwconeil; 03-31-21 at 07:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WillAP1 (03-31-21)
Old 03-31-21, 11:34 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

Back in 2016 I researched them vs the USRS extensively on the IS350/ISF FB groups and Club Lexus pages and other forums and it got a little heated when some got offended if customers would say they added NVH even though time after time more than a few reported that USRS had more NVH and went to Figs and experienced less of it. I went with Figs 90 for my 08 ISF of 3 years 70k and same but new set for my 12 ISF now 1.5 years and 20k or so. Have had no issues and no squeaks driving in the winter or summer. At the time I was doing higher miles annually, and it was a fine line of modding as much as I could without adding harshness or losing comfort.

That being said, one may need extra lube once a year, but the difference is insignificant. Both are solid products and if you want more feel/sportiness both companies offer stiffer options. As I recall, both are willing to price match each other as well if price is an issue. I have been often told that higher end coilovers or suspension parts or even fluids will have more strict maintenance intervals, but goes with the territory of higher performing products.
Old 03-31-21, 12:08 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

To be fair about all this, a tremendous amount of the difference will depend on the roads you normally drive. Where I live the roads are mostly good, and on good roads, you can run solid bushings and not be too irritated. Where my dad lives in Iowa, I wouldn't change anything from the factory, and I'd probably fit 18" wheels with taller sidewalls for more cushion because the roads are massively cracked concrete in many places and solid bushings would cause kidney damage.

I have solid bushings on my car. They're noticeably noisier over sharp bumps. Anywhere else I can't tell the difference. So if you have glassy smooth roads, any of these bushings will be just fine. If your roads look like a lunar landscape, all of them will be more noisy than the OEM squishy donut, and there are a number of threads from owners in this forum asking about taller sidewall tires to improve ride quality. I can understand why that is when the roads are cratered where you live.
Old 03-31-21, 01:18 PM
nigel821
Racer

Appreciate all the information. I am totally over thinking it..hahah I just don't want to turn something into "damn, this isn't enjoyable to drive anymore" experience. I tend to start and then it continues to keep going in that direction.

Totally agree both companies seem like they've got the something for everyone which is nice. I'm waiting for the salt to be off the roads here so a few more weeks of rain and I'll take the car back out and see how or what I'm looking for. I haven't driven the car now in almost two months so I kind of forget what it actually feels like on the road ;-p I'll definitely post pics though once I get a set and install them and post back my thoughts on it.

A lot of the roads here in VA aren't bad... go up to MD and it's awful. Go into DC and good luck...lol. If I went up to Pittsburgh to see my mom it's pothole city up there.

-Nigel
Old 02-26-22, 10:13 AM
04taco
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello everyone,

New to the forums. Just recently got an 2012 ISF. After reading all the posted still jumping between the two brands.
Old 02-26-22, 11:59 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 118 Posts

If the roads you drive on are reasonable go RR if they are bad go Figs if they are terrible sell and buy a ES. Check utube there are some good vids cheers.
The following 2 users liked this post by isfvss:
04taco (02-26-22), lobuxracer (02-26-22)
Old 02-26-22, 12:12 PM
04taco
Rookie

Anyone try the street usrs? Link below:

https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Lowe...isfxlca002.htm
Old 02-26-22, 01:29 PM
nigel821
Racer

I did figs. Couldn't be happier. It did not introduce any NVH at all!

-Nigel
The following 2 users liked this post by nigel821:
04taco (02-26-22), jadeboy (10-09-22)
Old 02-26-22, 04:38 PM
04taco
Rookie

Originally Posted by nigel821
I did figs. Couldn't be happier. It did not introduce any NVH at all!

-Nigel
Did you go with the 80 or 90?
Old 02-26-22, 08:10 PM
nigel821
Racer

Originally Posted by 04taco
Did you go with the 80 or 90?
I've got an RCF so he only makes then with the 90 for my application short of going solid/race LCA bushings.

I feel 90 is perfect only because it didn't introduce NVH. 80 would be even softer but if these were harsh in the least I'd have swapped them already. I wanted to keep the Lexus feel/ride quality/comfort.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
jadeboy (10-09-22)
Old 02-26-22, 08:52 PM
04taco
Rookie

Originally Posted by nigel821
I've got an RCF so he only makes then with the 90 for my application short of going solid/race LCA bushings.

I feel 90 is perfect only because it didn't introduce NVH. 80 would be even softer but if these were harsh in the least I'd have swapped them already. I wanted to keep the Lexus feel/ride quality/comfort.

-Nigel
thats what I want to do as well. Don’t want a stiff ride.

Quick Reply: Figs or RR Racing LCA bushing?