IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Raced my buddys ATSV today

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-18, 02:58 PM
Manh3
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
all you guys don't get it twisted. RCF is a faster car than the ISF with equal drivers. this always happens when a new model car is out. when cars turn into 20 thousand dollar cars, it gets driven harder the age group of guys who buy it. RCF are usually driven by older men who start out in the wrong gear and RPM . i have yet to lose to an ISF and i have had both to compare .
Thats awesome that you lump all isf into used high mileage my2008 20k isf. I could’ve of easily purchased an rcf but my wife wanted a four door and didn’t want to finance a car or I’d be in a slightly used panamera GTS or RS7. I’m pretty certain that years from now my 2012 isf would be worth as much as a later year rcf. The isf is not all that and your rcf is not that much better but they’re damn reliable.
Old 02-19-18, 03:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Manh3

Thats awesome that you lump all isf into used high mileage my2008 20k isf. I could’ve of easily purchased an rcf but my wife wanted a four door and didn’t want to finance a car or I’d be in a slightly used panamera GTS or RS7. I’m pretty certain that years from now my 2012 isf would be worth as much as a later year rcf. The isf is not all that and your rcf is not that much better but they’re damn reliable.
i just bought 2014 bmw m6 as well. will be doing major mods. its faster than RCF but the RCF feels much more solid, quiet interior and smoother transmission .
Old 02-19-18, 03:08 PM
Manh3
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I’ve been in a modded m6 gran coupe and it’s crazy fast. Your m6 is a highway monster.
The following users liked this post:
ISFPOWER (02-19-18)
Old 02-19-18, 03:13 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

I’ve been in a modded m6 gran coupe and it’s crazy fast. Your m6 is a highway monster.
yeah its pretty ridiculous. i have AMS downpipes and should be seeing a crazy increase in power.
Old 02-19-18, 04:53 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all you guys don't get it twisted. RCF is a faster car than the ISF with equal drivers. this always happens when a new model car is out. when cars turn into 20 thousand dollar cars, it gets driven harder the age group of guys who buy it. RCF are usually driven by older men who start out in the wrong gear and RPM . i have yet to lose to an ISF and i have had both to compare .
On paper it should be. The test results I've seen dont really make thst completely certain. 20k ISFs seem to rare high mile clapped out 08s lol but I see what you are saying. Driver error is huge. Rcf starts in 4th. Isf in 3rd from the same speef the Isf will pull I bet.
Old 02-19-18, 05:02 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc3dreamin
On paper it should be. The test results I've seen dont really make thst completely certain. 20k ISFs seem to rare high mile clapped out 08s lol but I see what you are saying. Driver error is huge. Rcf starts in 4th. Isf in 3rd from the same speef the Isf will pull I bet.
yes, trust me, i had my ISF for 4 years prior to my RCF so I've been around here awhile. ISF use to lose a lot as well or at least slower. just find your best quarter mile time of both cars and trap numbers and see who really is the faster. trust me , i love both cars but with these cars, its easy to start in the wrong gear because it still feels fast enough in the wrong gear but could make or break the outcome of the race.
Old 02-19-18, 08:14 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

yes, trust me, i had my ISF for 4 years prior to my RCF so I've been around here awhile. ISF use to lose a lot as well or at least slower. just find your best quarter mile time of both cars and trap numbers and see who really is the faster. trust me , i love both cars but with these cars, its easy to start in the wrong gear because it still feels fast enough in the wrong gear but could make or break the outcome of the race.
Still have to disagree with you. As you should know, we have FBO ISF's hitting 11.9s in the 1/4. Supercharged RCFs can't even make it out the 12s....and I believe there may be ONE or maybe 2 rcfs that have put down decent numbers at the strip but that's few and far in between.
And the RCF is by no means hard to afford, lol. $53k BRAND NEW off the lot on a $73k plus sticker tells you something....lol. quite sure no IS FINE sold brand new off the lot for anywhere near $53k. Hell we still have a few low mileage '14s going for $48-$50k!
But with all that said, I still like the RCF for what it is and by no means hating on it. I love all the F cars just gotta know what they're good and and what they aren't 😉

V.
jdmSW20 (02-20-18)
Old 02-19-18, 10:34 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Anyone catch the sound of the caddy? V8 noise ftw.
Old 02-20-18, 05:55 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tas02
Anyone catch the sound of the caddy? V8 noise ftw.
The ATSV is a v6 twin turbo, it sounds like poop lol
Old 02-20-18, 06:06 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Yea, thats what I was trying to do, I saw Ekanoo went 12.69@112.5 in a RCF, he is a pro race driver.

Cayman driver went 12.38@115 stock with a DR with his.

Even if you go based on the stock times posted by all the magazines

ISF Time Data Points for reference

Road & Track
1/4 Mile 12.8 @ 113.3 mph

Car & Driver
1/4 mile: 12.7 @114mph

Motor Tend
1/4 mile: 12.7@113.4mph

12.7-12.8@113-114 mph

RCF -

Edmunds 12.8@111
Mototrend 12.7@112
Motortrend 2 12.9@110
Car and drver 12.8@114

So im not sure how you can for sure say the RCF is faster when the data says otherwise...it actually seems like the ISF is faster based on the numbers it has slightly higher trap speeds.
Old 02-20-18, 08:33 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
If I/h/e isn't full bolt on (FBO), then what is?!?!
And the F, FBO is a dangerous beast highway speeds! Triple digits come quick and won't stop pulling well past 160+.
Which Sikky headers do you have?

V.
Originally Posted by sc3dreamin
Add a tune and that larger rr racing intake setup and id call that fbo.

they're v1 sikky headers. The car still has cats though so not full exhaust the hks is just axle back
I was going to say yeah FBO is basically I/H/E, but if you just have an axle back then I guess technically it aint FBO lol. I don't count tune as part of being FBO cause tunes just came about a year or so ago and the car been around for 10 years now

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Still have to disagree with you. As you should know, we have FBO ISF's hitting 11.9s in the 1/4. Supercharged RCFs can't even make it out the 12s....and I believe there may be ONE or maybe 2 rcfs that have put down decent numbers at the strip but that's few and far in between.
And the RCF is by no means hard to afford, lol. $53k BRAND NEW off the lot on a $73k plus sticker tells you something....lol. quite sure no IS FINE sold brand new off the lot for anywhere near $53k. Hell we still have a few low mileage '14s going for $48-$50k!
But with all that said, I still like the RCF for what it is and by no means hating on it. I love all the F cars just gotta know what they're good and and what they aren't 😉

V.
Yeah I have to agree with this too. FBO RCF and FBO ISF make the same power and its a drivers race at the end of the day, that's not hate that's just what it is. There is a reason that car didn't sell well, its not unattainable by any means, I chose an ISF over the RCF just because for the money and performance might as well get the ISF. My personal opinion only
Old 02-20-18, 10:28 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I know right, he needs to justify his RCF purchase because it's human nature. It's funny because a quick search through auto-trader shows that a 2014 ISF sells for more than a "faster" 2015 RCF. I'm in the same boat as you, preferred four door for practicality vs. 2 door coupe. I couldn't justify purchasing a heavier coupe that makes the same power and less space.
jdmSW20 (02-20-18)
Old 02-21-18, 08:55 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Dude F that (zing) I had a run in with an M5 V10. I was rolling at 35 in 3rd, maybe got a car or two ahead and heard him revup so I stomped the gas (sport mode already), car dropped into 2nd gear and took off. He couldn't catch up till 120 and I was still ahead by half a car. I left off and he just flew by after, did put flashers on for a sec whatever that means?
Old 02-21-18, 09:23 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ninten5
Dude F that (zing) I had a run in with an M5 V10. I was rolling at 35 in 3rd, maybe got a car or two ahead and heard him revup so I stomped the gas (sport mode already), car dropped into 2nd gear and took off. He couldn't catch up till 120 and I was still ahead by half a car. I left off and he just flew by after, did put flashers on for a sec whatever that means?

Any mods to your car?

Those V10 m5s run pretty good up top, would think a FBO F would pull away but stock for stock they wil pull a F

The flashers indicated "he won" lol
Old 02-21-18, 09:26 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Means he got the win by his estimation because you let off the gas at a buck 20

Quick Reply: Raced my buddys ATSV today