(Replica) Lexon Lip Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-18, 03:26 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts
Default (Replica) Lexon Lip Review

Hello CLexus,

I just had the opportunity to test a replica Lexon lip and wanted to share my review here. The lip I purchased was from ace factory located in Taiwan at a discounted price.

Onto the lip, the quality of the carbon is in great shape and 2x2 weave, the lip looks of decent quality and made by frp. The sides where it bolts onto the bumper is base black (no cf), and so is the bottom. Thinking nothing of it, Onto the install, they provide 10 self tapping screws and no holes are premarked on the lip like the authenthic one is so you basically have to second guess where to tap. Luckily I had an a lip on there before and this lip covered the holes made on that lip. I used about 10 self tapping screws tapping into the bumper every 6 inches or so. So went excessive with the screws but please use your judgement on this. If there were premarked holes it would've made the install a lot easier. Took about 2 hours lining everything up as perfect as it can be.

Overall the lip fits great, the only gripe I have is the bottom and upper portions of the lip are base black not cf, but for the price it was definitely a steal as lips dont last much long where I've due to the road conditions, so if your looking for a decent lip definitely multiple steps above the a style and want to save a few bucks then this may be a great bang for buck for you.

I definitely like how the sides wrap around the bumper as well as the middle details providing fin like airflow and it also flows well with the wheels imo.

If your considering buying and/or have any questions feel free to let me know.

Old 05-11-18, 04:38 PM
DAng87
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good! how much and where can I order it?
Old 05-11-18, 05:02 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Shouldn't the title be "Replica Lexon Lip Review"
Old 05-11-18, 07:24 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by DAng87
looks good! how much and where can I order it?
Got mine for ace factory I believe they are $400 shipped from Taiwan.
Old 05-12-18, 04:25 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I will mount my TOM's rep from Group A soon and will also share my thoughts. So far it looks to reflect what you thought.

Please also adjust the title to state it's a replica.
Old 05-12-18, 06:18 AM
graphX250
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
Shouldn't the title be "Replica Lexon Lip Review"
Yep....
Old 05-12-18, 07:29 AM
k20trick
Instructor

The Group A one looks to be of higher quality. Lips dont last very long as the car is low and a lot of dips around here so for the price and fitment this one fit the budget pretty well not really a fan of replicas but was pretty surprised on the end result.
Old 05-15-18, 12:32 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm sorry- I just couldn't get past how glossy your USB is. Yup, I hate you, and you're one of my good friends haha.

But pertaining to the lip, whether authentic or not, front lips always take a huge beating, especially with crap roads around LA. I've seen some guys destroy authentic CF lips that cost in the $1k range, and some purchase another one, only to not learn their lesson and have the same thing happen yet again. As cost effective as these are, I think it will ultimately depend on the owner and where he/she drives. I'm not one to advocate replica parts, but to each his own. It's certainly a lot easier to replace a rep than an authentic, especially if carbon fiber is involved. Looks great on the F, James!
Old 05-15-18, 06:41 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for sharing James.

Looks great in my opinion. Given my car is SGM, I'd be ok with the non-carbon parts as well to be honest with you.

If you could possibly share a link where I can look/order one for myself (PM if you prefer), I'd really appreciate it.

I'm with Brian on the level of finish you have going on, looks epic! Congrats!

Cheers,

Pete
Old 05-15-18, 09:03 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 545 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Got mine for ace factory I believe they are $400 shipped from Taiwan.
ace factory? $400 shipped sounds like a great deal.
Old 05-15-18, 07:55 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I'm sorry- I just couldn't get past how glossy your USB is. Yup, I hate you, and you're one of my good friends haha.

But pertaining to the lip, whether authentic or not, front lips always take a huge beating, especially with crap roads around LA. I've seen some guys destroy authentic CF lips that cost in the $1k range, and some purchase another one, only to not learn their lesson and have the same thing happen yet again. As cost effective as these are, I think it will ultimately depend on the owner and where he/she drives. I'm not one to advocate replica parts, but to each his own. It's certainly a lot easier to replace a rep than an authentic, especially if carbon fiber is involved. Looks great on the F, James!
Hey Brian, thanks for the comments man, my car is actually dirty haven't washed it since the Carlsbad meet which I didnt see you at. We will meet soon and discuss the potential project on your black spending the extra time to dial in a spot then rinse and repeat for the rest, black is always a 2nd job to keep clean but the end result will be astonishing believe me, just need to set aside some dedicated time for some love.

Not really a fan of replicas, but the deal and I really like to spend on parts that will last the guy needed pics and review and told him Id give him my honest review and pics and it turned out better than expected. Otherwise I wouldn't went with the authentic as there are many vendors here, maybe even settled for the group A one as seems to have predrilled holes and carbon fiber all around opposed to this one which is just gloss black on the understand and upper side where it bolts onto the bumper. I can sure say though I probably would take dips harder since I know its not authenthic I would be able to replace this 4 times before I replace an authenthic one once. Feels good to have scored a 14 cf wing though at the meet that piece is super quality.

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Thanks for sharing James.

Looks great in my opinion. Given my car is SGM, I'd be ok with the non-carbon parts as well to be honest with you.

If you could possibly share a link where I can look/order one for myself (PM if you prefer), I'd really appreciate it.

I'm with Brian on the level of finish you have going on, looks epic! Congrats!

Cheers,

Pete
Hello PDP have we met?

I just checked and looks like this lip is being mass produced, look online for, "lexus isf l style lip", its everywhere now unfortunately as expected
Originally Posted by cvt
ace factory? $400 shipped sounds like a great deal.
Yeah, its everywhere look for ace factory lexus isf l style lip.
The following users liked this post:
bnizzle87 (05-20-18)
Old 05-15-18, 11:08 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks James.

Not sure if we met when I was in LA? Had a couple of meets when I was there on business, so got to meet a few folks.

If not, hopefully next time? Always fun spending time with other F’ers!
Old 05-16-18, 08:40 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Sounds good Pete
Old 05-19-18, 01:48 AM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Car looks great James, great write up.
Old 05-20-18, 09:28 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by josh810
Car looks great James, great write up.
Hey Josh, how you doing brutha?

Thanks man I was the guinee pig haven't seen any replicas yet but fitment 9/10 would've been 10 with the predrilled holes.

Quick Reply: (Replica) Lexon Lip Review