Old 02-03-20, 10:41 AM
vertex16
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

3 drivers, 6 cars. I have three of my own:

’12 V6 Accord
’07 Acura RL
’10 ISF

Having a car you don’t care about to daily is great.
Old 02-03-20, 11:38 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
How did the body of your S hold up for 12 years? That’s a long car ownership! Daily drivers really start to show their age after 12 years here.
Honestly I'm **** so I hand wash my cars at least once a week depending on weather. Try to clean my cars as soon as the roads clear up after snow. Luckily we don't use salt here in CO but there's a lot of sand so lot of chipped/pitted/cracked windshields and panels take a beating. We use mag chloride here so I just made sure to pressure wash under the car and the wheel wells when I was cleaning the car up. Started to see some rust in the rear quarter around the edges where they had a gasket piece that crud got stuck between but think that was common issue. I wrapped it for a couple years but ended up removing it and going back to silver. Wrap is pretty cool but not resilient enough for a daily, show car sure but not winters and stuff. This was right before I sold it still running my winter wheel setup. Had 276k miles when I sold it.

Old 02-03-20, 11:51 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

My signature tells it all (including my current cars) but I'll just point out one car in particular, the 2007 RX400h. This was one of the best cars I've owned, just at the wrong time. The power (well actually the instant torque) was perfect as a daily driver, it did better than "average" in the snow compared to other SUV's of the same time period that I had driven, and it had the perfect size for city driving with enough room to pack it full for trips. The only reason I got rid of it was because I wanted the nostalgia of my old Pathfinder 4x4 truck which I found in the 4Runner (I'll save the review of that for a different post if anyone is interested). But I 100% intend on purchasing an RX in the future.
To sum it up, the ISF is a great weekend/summer, the 4Runner is now my "daily" and winter truck, and the 3IS AWD is a great daily for my significant other (well I tend to drive it more that her).
Old 02-03-20, 01:48 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by PJSnow
My signature tells it all (including my current cars) but I'll just point out one car in particular, the 2007 RX400h. This was one of the best cars I've owned, just at the wrong time. The power (well actually the instant torque) was perfect as a daily driver, it did better than "average" in the snow compared to other SUV's of the same time period that I had driven, and it had the perfect size for city driving with enough room to pack it full for trips. The only reason I got rid of it was because I wanted the nostalgia of my old Pathfinder 4x4 truck which I found in the 4Runner (I'll save the review of that for a different post if anyone is interested). But I 100% intend on purchasing an RX in the future.
To sum it up, the ISF is a great weekend/summer, the 4Runner is now my "daily" and winter truck, and the 3IS AWD is a great daily for my significant other (well I tend to drive it more that her).
I have considered a used hybrid, as they are very affordable. I have no idea how to work on electrical systems though, so it makes me hesitant. It’s crazy how cheap 10 year old hybrids are. I am guessing people are afraid of them, so they steer clear. The Prius is a great example. I can buy one with 105k miles for the same amount of money I spent on wheels and tires for my F.

I am excited to have a daily that takes 87 octane and gets decent economy. 93 octane used to be reasonably priced, but not so much now.
Old 02-03-20, 02:48 PM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I have considered a used hybrid, as they are very affordable. I have no idea how to work on electrical systems though, so it makes me hesitant. It’s crazy how cheap 10 year old hybrids are. I am guessing people are afraid of them, so they steer clear. The Prius is a great example. I can buy one with 105k miles for the same amount of money I spent on wheels and tires for my F.

I am excited to have a daily that takes 87 octane and gets decent economy. 93 octane used to be reasonably priced, but not so much now.
I completely agree, hybrids scare most buyers but a Toyota hybrid is known to last 200,000+ miles. Technically the battery and inverter are only covered under factory warranty for 10 years/100k miles but owners have reported miles much greater. Even changing the battery doesn't appear to be the end of the world especially with the used battery market. Simple maintenance was nothing to be scared of but I stayed clear of any high voltage stuff.
The one thing the RX400h fell short on was gas mileage... but that's my fault because I enjoyed the instant torque and getting up to speed as quickly as possible. My significant other held the household mpg record with the RX at 27mpg on a long highway trip to MD. The Prius definitely gets better mpg but I can't get behind the looks.

Best of luck on your search! Any Toyota product will serve you well and you will get plenty of use out of it.
Old 02-05-20, 01:49 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

one drirver 3 cars, isf , gtr and crew cab tacoma, cant drive all 3 lolz sold tacoma after 6 months accquired GTR
Old 02-05-20, 02:18 PM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ISF4life
one drirver 3 cars, isf , gtr and crew cab tacoma, cant drive all 3 lolz sold tacoma after 6 months accquired GTR
You're not trying hard enough haha
The following 3 users liked this post by PJSnow:
ISF4life (02-05-20), lobuxracer (02-05-20), vertex16 (02-05-20)
Old 02-05-20, 09:57 PM
vertex16
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PJSnow
You're not trying hard enough haha
agreed, I get decent seat time in all of my cars.