IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Sluggish Hesistant Slow Response HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-18, 08:12 PM
Fredd001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISF Sluggish Hesistant Slow Response HELP

09 ISF 88K miles, muffler delete only all STOCK.
Spark plugs changed, New MAF, induction services done, oil good, coolant good, NO CEL lights, transmission feels smooth.
-For about 6 months now ive felt that my ISF has lost power, before by just tapping the gas i used to roast the tires and now even with TRACTION OFF i cant get a single squeal. I believe i hear an exhaust leak, but im sure that wouldn't cause so much power loss.
-Takes about 2 seconds for the power to kick in after WOT and when it does its not all there. Throttle response is super delayed, and overall torque has gone down by what i feel is about 30%.
Any Lexus master techs or good Techs in here that can guide me? I can take it to the dealership but with no CEL on they are not very helpful.

I will be getting a full stock exhaust soon and see if it helps since i noticed everything went down hill when i started messing with the exhaust.
ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED!
Old 07-23-18, 06:21 AM
Neles
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My F would feel a little sluggish when the ambient temps are in the 95+ F. Here in south FL it's getting extremely hot. I think 30% power loss seems a bit much and may be something else.
Old 07-24-18, 10:05 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Mine I sluggish as hell in the heat here too in Florida. Have you tried resetting the ecu? Try that and see if it makes a difference.
Old 07-24-18, 03:11 PM
chriso5573
Driver

I too have been having this issue. It is ridiculous that this transmission is this slow/lazy!! My wife's '14 GS350 base model down shifts faster and seems to not hesitate nearly as much. I took my ISF to the Oakland Coliseum Lexus dealership and they tried telling me because my cigarette lighter is throwing a code and because my exhaust is aftermarket/welded together they can't reset my transmission ECU. I swear, just when I thought I found a dealer I could trust they go and tell me some BS like this. Gonna try another Lexus dealer in a few weeks. Makes me get so frustrated when I miss all the openings in traffic with the transmission in auto. This transmission feels like it came out of a corolla.
Old 07-24-18, 03:16 PM
GaaraOTS
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

please keep this updated if you find a fix
Old 07-24-18, 04:13 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by Fredd001
09 ISF 88K miles, muffler delete only all STOCK.
Spark plugs changed, New MAF, induction services done, oil good, coolant good, NO CEL lights, transmission feels smooth.
-For about 6 months now ive felt that my ISF has lost power, before by just tapping the gas i used to roast the tires and now even with TRACTION OFF i cant get a single squeal. I believe i hear an exhaust leak, but im sure that wouldn't cause so much power loss.
-Takes about 2 seconds for the power to kick in after WOT and when it does its not all there. Throttle response is super delayed, and overall torque has gone down by what i feel is about 30%.
Any Lexus master techs or good Techs in here that can guide me? I can take it to the dealership but with no CEL on they are not very helpful.

I will be getting a full stock exhaust soon and see if it helps since i noticed everything went down hill when i started messing with the exhaust.
ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED!
Any chance you have a throttle controller installed?
Old 07-24-18, 05:45 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Have you changed tires? That may explain the lack of tire spin. Try resetting your ecu manually. Just pull the appropriate fuses. There is a how to floating around here somewhere. I second the humidity thing. My car is slower during hot summers, but this sounds like maybe something else. How many miles are you? I would start with a full tune up.
Old 08-27-18, 08:01 AM
chriso5573
Driver

I feel like the hesitation in my car comes and goes. There was a period of a few days where it was really bad even in manual mode and in 1st. Now I drive it in auto and really beat the car up and I think it has learned to forget about fuel efficiency lol
Old 08-27-18, 09:48 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like something wacky is going on...that kind of dip in power isn't normal.
Once the oil is warm, sport mode, manual mode, and hammering it with enough RPM should pretty much always be beastly.

Maybe check the threads about knock sensors (I forget the exact term)?
Old 08-27-18, 08:38 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

reset your ecu by dc the neg battery or follow here from old is350 tread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post2539716