IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I want to buy a used IS F !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-18, 02:40 PM
Johan87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
Welcome to CL! Besides what others have mentioned, look (search threads) for the "valley plate" leaks.

Just for my curiosity, How did your Q50 get stolen and was it recovered?
with some kind of key fob scanner . they scan my room window at 3:50 at night ( i saw it on my neighbors camera ) basically hack my key fob inside my room and open the car and started it . didnt hear a sound .since this Q50's are silence on cold starts from factory . the whole process took them 5 mins .

car has not been found .
Old 08-02-18, 03:38 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Johan87
with some kind of key fob scanner . they scan my room window at 3:50 at night ( i saw it on my neighbors camera ) basically hack my key fob inside my room and open the car and started it . didnt hear a sound .since this Q50's are silence on cold starts from factory . the whole process took them 5 mins .

car has not been found .
Clever. And this can't be done with any other companies key fobs...just infinity?

V.
Old 08-02-18, 07:35 PM
NjzFinest
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im in the same boat as you. Looking for a 11+ also. From what i've been reading the only problem I see some people having is the valley plate leak. But besides that the IS-F seems very reliable and bulletproof. I wish there were more selling on the east coast. All I see is ISF being sold in midwest and west coast. =(
Old 08-02-18, 07:43 PM
Avalon786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NjzFinest
Im in the same boat as you. Looking for a 11+ also. From what i've been reading the only problem I see some people having is the valley plate leak. But besides that the IS-F seems very reliable and bulletproof. I wish there were more selling on the east coast. All I see is ISF being sold in midwest and west coast. =(
Don't limit yourself to just local, you may never find an ISF if you do. Don’t be afraid to make an epic road trip/adventure out of getting your car ;-)
Old 08-02-18, 07:47 PM
NjzFinest
Rookie

Originally Posted by Avalon786

Don't limit yourself to just local, you may never find an ISF if you do. Don’t be afraid to make an epic road trip/adventure out of getting your car ;-)
Iv been looking all around. closest I found was in illinois (750 miles away) with 25k miles. price was towards the $40k mark which is kinda outta my budget. Wanna be around 32-33 at most.
Old 08-03-18, 07:52 AM
DroCityLex
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

road trip or pay for shipping!
Old 08-03-18, 07:54 AM
DroCityLex
Rookie

Iv been looking all around. closest I found was in illinois (750 miles away) with 25k miles. price was towards the $40k mark which is kinda outta my budget. Wanna be around 32-33 at most.
hate to break it to you man, but you will not find a clean 2011 with low miles in that price range.
Old 08-03-18, 08:28 AM
NjzFinest
Rookie

Originally Posted by DroCityLex
hate to break it to you man, but you will not find a clean 2011 with low miles in that price range.
even with a little more miles im fine with. My best friend owns a car shipping company so thats not the problem. Iv never bought a car cross country. Id usually like to check out what im buying before sending that much cash. Sometimes pics can be deceiving so how do you guys do it when buying a car cross country without looking at it or test driving?
Old 08-03-18, 08:30 AM
MGallagher
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DroCityLex
So I found a 2011 with 20k miles on it listed at 32,XXX. The car was purchased within an hour of it being taken in at a dealership (Not by me, I had set up an appointment while someone was out on a test driver with it). It was then listed by another dealer two days later at 38,XXX. So you may be able to find one in that price range but you'll have to get really lucky.

@ NjzFinest - I just went through this process and I was willing to travel up to about 1000 miles to find the right one.Saw it, inspected it, drove it, bought it and drove it back. The best thing you could do is put a deposit down and fly out to take a look at it or have a friend in the area do it for you. Carmax is another decent option. Good luck in your search!

Here is one at a Carmax that might work for you: https://www.carmax.com/car/15332898

Last edited by MGallagher; 08-03-18 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-03-18, 08:32 AM
DroCityLex
Rookie

even with a little more miles im fine with. My best friend owns a car shipping company so thats not the problem. Iv never bought a car cross country. Id usually like to check out what im buying before sending that much cash. Sometimes pics can be deceiving so how do you guys do it when buying a car cross country without looking at it or test driving?
I've owned 2 F's and they were both purchased out of state, one from a lexus dealer one from private party. Never checked them in person. Just ran service records and carfax.
Old 08-06-18, 06:20 AM
Arein
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Clever. And this can't be done with any other companies key fobs...just infinity?

V.
It can be done with any wireless key. You can buy an "Keyfob RFID Signal Blocking Bag" to prevent that.
Old 08-06-18, 06:26 AM
ShrinkDoc
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Johan87

car has not been found .
Hate to hear that!!

Had my 04 G35 stolen from the garage. They easily broke in using a coat hanger to unlatch the chain from the automatic door opener and the door quickly went up. This is a fairly common technique, but I did some mods to the chain so it can't be done again.

From there it took <2 minutes. The Civics are also hot theft items. For the 1st 2-3 years, G35 headlights and MDX ones from early 2000's were also being stolen. You can build a quick and cheap faraday cage for your keys if need be.... that is, when you get the new car.

Good luck!

Last edited by ShrinkDoc; 08-06-18 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-06-18, 09:43 AM
GMANtt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 2012 Lexus IS-F with 77k, Lexus Platinum till March 26, 2020 or 100k. Clear carfax, no accidents, all maintenance performed at Lexus. $32.9k. Had it not had the warranty I probably would not have spent more than 30k looking for an 11+ (but that was my price range). I would like to say that I was a mad man refreshing craigslist, autotrader, cars.com, carmax every hour for about 2 months until I found one 400 miles away from me. Luckily I was up there for work the week he posted the ad and bought it 3 days later.
Old 08-06-18, 12:41 PM
ztong2206
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my F, but for the right price I would consider selling it.
2011 silver 19700 miles
Old 08-08-18, 03:17 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I would sell mine for like 15 grand over market value..... because I love it that much. It’ll probably follow me to my death bed, or I’ll trade it for a much, much faster Lexus someday when cars are much, much faster.

a 32k low mileage F is a lucky lottery win. Most people will never even see an add for one that cheap with low miles. The market is going up on these right now, they have stopped depreciating. I bought a very low mileage 13 knowing I could sell it anytime and make most, if not all of my money back. Mine is modified, which was a plus to me but a minus to some.

Quick Reply: I want to buy a used IS F !!!