IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

OEM alignment off spec

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-18, 02:29 PM
zpletcher
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will only take mine to Lexus dealership for alignment. Not much difference in price I bet.
Old 09-13-18, 02:34 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,007 Likes on 2,428 Posts

The worst alignment I ever got was from a Lexus dealer. The machine wasn't properly calibrated and the numbers they spit out were complete BS. I would never take my car to them for alignment again.
Old 09-17-18, 07:02 AM
zpletcher
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The worst alignment I ever got was from a Lexus dealer. The machine wasn't properly calibrated and the numbers they spit out were complete BS. I would never take my car to them for alignment again.
Just curious, which dealer in Georgia, and where did you end up getting it aligned?
Old 09-17-18, 06:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I ended up at the local NTB where they know me and let me "help" with alignments. I won't mention the name of the dealership. They were a sub to the body shop repairing my car after an incident in the rain with a moron.
Old 09-18-18, 08:03 PM
breakeroh
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Caster will be higher if you have aftermarket LCA bushings. Do you have aftermarket lower control arm bushings? example RR Racing USRS LCA

Does your alignment drive straight with those numbers?

I had the dealership do an alignment on my car and it wasn't good either. My steering wheel had a slight tilt to it and it was annoying so last week I manually adjust the front control arm toe nuts myself. First attempt I verified the direction I was adjusting combated the issue and it make the steering wheel tilt the other direction. second attempt I reversed it back some to align the steering wheel straight. By the third attempt I was pretty good. Added two more fine tuning adjustments to get it dead straight. It isn't that hard to do if you have time for trial and error. As you drive the car and feel what is going on you can manually make tweaks to the toe to correct what the car is doing.

Last edited by breakeroh; 09-18-18 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-19-18, 07:08 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by breakeroh
Caster will be higher if you have aftermarket LCA bushings. Do you have aftermarket lower control arm bushings? example RR Racing USRS LCA

Does your alignment drive straight with those numbers?

I had the dealership do an alignment on my car and it wasn't good either. My steering wheel had a slight tilt to it and it was annoying so last week I manually adjust the front control arm toe nuts myself. First attempt I verified the direction I was adjusting combated the issue and it make the steering wheel tilt the other direction. second attempt I reversed it back some to align the steering wheel straight. By the third attempt I was pretty good. Added two more fine tuning adjustments to get it dead straight. It isn't that hard to do if you have time for trial and error. As you drive the car and feel what is going on you can manually make tweaks to the toe to correct what the car is doing.
Yes I have the bushings but my car drives straight
Old 09-21-18, 06:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Unfortunately driving straight doesn't mean the alignment is good. It just means the bad on one side is neutralized by the bad on the other side. If you don't measure it, you really don't know.