IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Should I get this ISF

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-18, 06:52 AM
Mdunivin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get this ISF

Hey everyone. Looking for opinions on if this is a good deal or not. I have an IS-F on CarMax with a $35K out the door price before maxcare. One prior owner, 37K miles on the silver 2008. Has parking sensors and nav, no auto cruise.
Think I should get it? How do you think it’ll hold its value?
Old 10-05-18, 06:54 AM
Mdunivin
Driver School Candidate

Default is this a good deal?

Hey everyone. Looking for opinions on if this is a good deal or not. I have an IS-F on CarMax with a $35K out the door price before maxcare. One prior owner, 37K miles on the silver 2008. Has parking sensors and nav, no auto cruise.
Think I should get it? How do you think it’ll hold its value?
Old 10-05-18, 07:18 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I think 35 is high for an 08. You can get a 13-14 for 39k with low miles (I know two guys who just recently did). Happy searching!
Old 10-05-18, 07:38 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

For $35k, I'd definitely be looking at a low mileage '11 or '12 ISF. Get a lot more for your money. And yes, they will hold their values if you take care of it/maintain it properly.

V.
Old 10-05-18, 07:53 AM
Mdunivin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I think 35 is high for an 08. You can get a 13-14 for 39k with low miles (I know two guys who just recently did). Happy searching!
Wow 39K for a ‘14. Do you know if that was the out the door price? If OTD makes much more sense to get that. $35K is the OTD on this one. Before tax and such it’s about 32K. Ultimately my goal is to sell it in a year or two without too much loss
Old 10-05-18, 07:54 AM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

yea i'd go 12' or later ... also be weary of carmax ... they love using the carfax hustle .. things show clean then a few months down the road you run a fresh carfax and a previous accident is being reported late ...
Old 10-05-18, 08:02 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Honestly I wouldn’t pay over 30k for any 08-10 regardless of the miles. But that’s just me.

Mileage isn’t really a deal breaker on a car that has such good reliability. I’d be more concerned with the condition the previous owner kept it and the service record history.

I paid 30k for my 11 with 75K miles 3 years ago, but that’s because it was a two owner, previous CPO, dealer maintained company car. Been trouble free to 130k miles.
Old 10-05-18, 08:52 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdunivin

Wow 39K for a ‘14. Do you know if that was the out the door price? If OTD makes much more sense to get that. $35K is the OTD on this one. Before tax and such it’s about 32K. Ultimately my goal is to sell it in a year or two without too much loss
Mine was not out the door since I bought from a member of this forum. Idk about the other guy. 08-09 will not hold its value as well since they don’t have LSD and there are way more of them. I’m not saying they depreciate faster, they just aren’t worth as much. Plus there are other updates that are worth more money in the newer models. If it were me, I’d buy a newer model with a little higher mileage for that price. But I also specifically wanted a 12+, so I’m partial. It’s a great car, maybe just a bit overpriced. I don’t follow the values of the 08s, but I think you should probably be in the high 20s for them. That being said, this one may sell at 32 listed price since they are rare cars and not everyone knows you can buy newer for the same price.

1 owners are also very rare. In the end, what matters most is if it is worth it TO YOU. If you plan to flip it anyway, there is no need to pay extra for a 1 owner.
Old 10-05-18, 09:18 AM
BlckGhst
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ffm
honestly i wouldn’t pay over 30k for any 08-10 regardless of the miles. But that’s just me.

Mileage isn’t really a deal breaker on a car that has such good reliability. I’d be more concerned with the condition the previous owner kept it and the service record history.
^^ .......

Old 10-05-18, 12:27 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlckGhst
^^ .......
Theres a CPO 2012 at Longo Lexus for 38k better deal white on red interior
Old 10-05-18, 01:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Asking us how to spend your money?

You are a trusting soul...

We are ALL biased here because we own these things and found a price we were willing to pay at the time we acquired our cars.

Here's a pretty solid truth - if your goal is to buy this car, drive it for a shortish time and sell it, this car is too expensive. Find something in the mid 20's if it's an '08, or mid 30's if it is a '12 or newer. If you spend more than that, you will struggle to sell the car for close to what you paid. They are not getting any younger, and market forces have created other options that will soon be serious competition for the F on the used market.
Old 10-05-18, 01:28 PM
STRAN
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli

Theres a CPO 2012 at Longo Lexus for 38k better deal white on red interior
I work at Longo. If anyone on the forum is considering it, I can vouch for this car. The previous owner was one of our GM's VIP's and a GT3RS owner. When he sold the IS F to us, the car was well maintained. Took very good care of his car inside and out and did maintenance at the dealers religiously. We bought the car from him out right since he just got a C63S to daily.
Old 10-05-18, 08:39 PM
Mdunivin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Asking us how to spend your money?

You are a trusting soul...

We are ALL biased here because we own these things and found a price we were willing to pay at the time we acquired our cars.

Here's a pretty solid truth - if your goal is to buy this car, drive it for a shortish time and sell it, this car is too expensive. Find something in the mid 20's if it's an '08, or mid 30's if it is a '12 or newer. If you spend more than that, you will struggle to sell the car for close to what you paid. They are not getting any younger, and market forces have created other options that will soon be serious competition for the F on the used market.
Exactly the type of response I was looking for. Thanks! Well I guess I was hoping it was a more solid buy but honesty matters more.
Old 10-05-18, 08:40 PM
Mdunivin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by STRAN
I work at Longo. If anyone on the forum is considering it, I can vouch for this car. The previous owner was one of our GM's VIP's and a GT3RS owner. When he sold the IS F to us, the car was well maintained. Took very good care of his car inside and out and did maintenance at the dealers religiously. We bought the car from him out right since he just got a C63S to daily.
Sounds like a great car. I didn’t even realize these could be head with a red interior. I live in mass. so California is a bit of a ways but good to know they’re out there.
Old 10-05-18, 09:18 PM
STRAN
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdunivin

Sounds like a great car. I didn’t even realize these could be head with a red interior. I live in mass. so California is a bit of a ways but good to know they’re out there.
Full red seats were available in 2012+ only and became more rare in the 2013-2014 model year as the IS-F was becoming more limited in production. GL with your search OP!

Quick Reply: Should I get this ISF