IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ultrasonic Blue and Sapphire Pearl rare???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-18, 10:13 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Ultrasonic Blue and Sapphire Pearl rare???

I've been in the market for a 2nd gen IS350 and ISFs for awhile but why is the ISF in these two colors hard to find? The ones I've seen available in my state of Texas for sale are in other colors except those two. Are these rare, no many painted in that color ISFs or something? Those are actually the two colors I'm looking for.
Old 10-22-18, 10:43 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

That's weird, on the forums/fb groups I feel like I only ever see USB's being sold. Even the "highly sought" blue with white leather there's always been at least a few for sale, my buddy just sold one in fact. White I definitely agree is rare, that's the only color I wanted when I had to settle for my silver one, and now there's been 2 white ones bought by locals just in the past 2 months. I think the main thing is to simply expand your search radius and years sought after. A pretty cheap 2011 with 75k USB popped up near me two weeks ago for $29k at honda dealer in VA. But it may be sold by now seeing as how everything else similar was $32k+
Old 10-22-18, 10:48 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
That's weird, on the forums/fb groups I feel like I only ever see USB's being sold. Even the "highly sought" blue with white leather there's always been at least a few for sale, my buddy just sold one in fact. White I definitely agree is rare, that's the only color I wanted when I had to settle for my silver one, and now there's been 2 white ones bought by locals just in the past 2 months. I think the main thing is to simply expand your search radius and years sought after. A pretty cheap 2011 with 75k USB popped up near me two weeks ago for $29k at honda dealer in VA. But it may be sold by now seeing as how everything else similar was $32k+
I guess it depends where you are. I'm located in Texas and have yet to see any on sale in those colors throughout all years. The ones I've seen available are like 3 or 4 states away.
Old 10-24-18, 06:32 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Stop looking local. Everyone who wants one travels as far as is needed to get them. Regardless of color. The car is rare in every color, because there aren’t many of them. I flew and then drove 1200 miles one way. Other members have driven for multiple days. Consider it a fun weekend trip with your new car.
The following users liked this post:
jdmSW20 (10-25-18)
Old 10-24-18, 06:36 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah its travel or find a dealer friend and have him get one at auction. When I was looking there was none available in the DC area.
Old 10-24-18, 06:38 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Stop looking local. Everyone who wants one travels as far as is needed to get them. Regardless of color. The car is rare in every color, because there aren’t many of them. I flew and then drove 1200 miles one way. Other members have driven for multiple days. Consider it a fun weekend trip with your new car.
I would do that if I had the time but I'm active duty. We just simply can't pack up and go without going through mountains of paper work for authorization and having it sent through almost a month in advance to see if it gets approved. Plus we dont really work 9 to 5 jobs and can be called in at anytime. You miss movement and that's your career. I don't know how many times I had to cancel leave because something popped off at work, after I had already bought plan tickets and sometimes hotel rooms to not getting reimbursed majority of the time.
Old 10-24-18, 07:25 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Just FYI, the white is called starfire pearl on the earlier model IS.
Old 10-24-18, 09:45 AM
MGallagher
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
I guess it depends where you are. I'm located in Texas and have yet to see any on sale in those colors throughout all years. The ones I've seen available are like 3 or 4 states away.
I found a USB with white interior a few months back. If you want to look local, you can't be lazy about it (not saying that you are) or just willing to compromise. I flew from Phoenix to Dallas after putting a deposit down on the car and made a trip out of it. Even went to Medieval Times haha.

While I was doing the paperwork, a few of the employees came in and said they got a ton of hits on the car while it was on hold for me. Apparently someone on here had a friend that was looking at it too and I beat them to the punch. Because the production number was so low and they've become pretty affordable now, you'll kind of have to religiously check the car sites for when they pop up. I've seen a few sell before pictures were even posted of the vehicle.

Best of luck on your search!
Old 10-25-18, 05:21 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I've heard the Lexus F cars are pretty hot in TX right now, so you should definitely expand your search if you're looking for a particular spec.

-Mike
Old 10-25-18, 10:03 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Yeah definitely have to expand your search. But it seems ive being seeing a lot of USB being picked up lately, I guess everyone who had blue are getting rid of them lately.

Its the opposite for me, seems I always see silver and black ISF. I rarely have seen red or blue
Old 10-25-18, 01:17 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

If you find a reputable dealer with one. Have the salesman take videos or FaceTime you with it and then have it shipped. I would only do that on a non wreck repaired model with extensive service history. History can be looked up on the Lexus website.

its not ideal, but probably the only way you will get one anytime soon without a lot of luck. Fs are affordable, rare, reliable, and stopped depreciating (for the most part), so people are kind of fighting over them right now.

and never post one you found on this forum to ask opinions. Someone else will see your post and buy it.

good luck sir!
Old 10-25-18, 01:44 PM
BirgeyT1
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 79 Posts

I just bought a SFP less than two months ago in Houston. I know this local guy here in Dallas has a SUPER nice USB for sale right now.