IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

MForce ECU - Crackle, Pop Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-19 | 10:39 AM
Grizsk
Driver

Originally Posted by ToDesi
Just a heads up, the tune killed the engine on one of the cars up here. It's been sitting at the Lexus dealership for over a week. I would stay away from this tune,
When you guys say “the tune”, are you talking specifically about MForce or are you talking about overrun tunes in general?
Old 05-29-19 | 01:42 PM
ToDesi
Driver

Just the MForce tune, I wouldn't go near it. If you want a tune contact RR Racing!
The following 3 users liked this post by ToDesi:
GrizzlyMan (08-11-21), Icetrai350 (11-07-19), RRRacing (05-06-20)
Old 05-29-19 | 02:01 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Originally Posted by ToDesi
Just the MForce tune, I wouldn't go near it. If you want a tune contact RR Racing!
Can you provide any more info at all? A username for the owner of the affected car, a thread, any sort of confirmation on the tune used and damage suffered or the link between the two?

There is a TON of speculation and hearsay on the topic of burble/overrun and consider me hard headed but I’ve researched both the technology and methods, and until I get some sort of official confirmation of any harm, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I can still find no example of a confirmed case in which a burble tune killed a car. If you ask me, if properly performed burble tunes were so dangerous there would be countless confirmed cases of cars getting destroyed.
Old 05-29-19 | 06:50 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Grizsk
Can you provide any more info at all? A username for the owner of the affected car, a thread, any sort of confirmation on the tune used and damage suffered or the link between the two?

There is a TON of speculation and hearsay on the topic of burble/overrun and consider me hard headed but I’ve researched both the technology and methods, and until I get some sort of official confirmation of any harm, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I can still find no example of a confirmed case in which a burble tune killed a car. If you ask me, if properly performed burble tunes were so dangerous there would be countless confirmed cases of cars getting destroyed.
there was this guy in NY..

Last edited by LexusfanVA; 06-10-19 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-29-19 | 06:56 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
there was this guy in NY..
Ah yes, I remember this guy. That screenshot of the convo is amazing, MForce told me that the reported blown motor in NY was not their tune, and you’ve independently confirmed that for me now.

Getting tuned by some random with no track record is always sketchy, but I’ve got a growing list of dozens of satisfied MForce customers without issue.
Old 05-30-19 | 03:29 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

“I can still find no example of a confirmed case in which a burble tune killed a car. If you ask me, if properly performed burble tunes were so dangerous there would be countless confirmed cases of cars getting destroyed.”

You asked and and I answered. I have no opinion or experience on the tune other than it sounds interesting yet annoying. Rojas_ISF on IG had it on his is350 and all they did was ride down the block backfiring non stop. Not my thing. Personally I went with Rr racing tune with just an exhaust, and felt a bigger difference with the tune than the exhaust. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
Dani01c (09-22-20)
Old 05-30-19 | 06:08 AM
romanvin20
Driver School Candidate

I had the M-Force tune on my 12 ISF. It was badass and sounded awesome. But unfortunately, they clearly don't know what they're doing because my transmission would make loud knocks when downshifting or if you improperly press the peddle while crackling. I trust only RR Racing, they are the BEST out there for ISF power mods. Especially ECU.. I would NOT recommend anyone MFORCE. Here's a link to those who are interested how it sounded on a stock exhaust (muffler delete)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ga?usp=sharing
RRRacing (05-06-20)
Old 05-30-19 | 06:09 AM
romanvin20
Driver School Candidate

In the long run, i believe the MFORCE will literally destroy the ISF
Icetrai350 (11-07-19)
Old 06-07-19 | 08:54 PM
Grizsk
Driver

So, I had my IS350 tuned yesterday by MForce. Again, not specific to the ISF but I thought I’d throw in my two cents.

Long story short, tuning is and will always be subject to individual risk tolerance and of course preference. I did the research, spoke to the right people, and came to my own conclusion that this was a risk I was willing to take in order to achieve the result I was looking for. So far, I’m very glad I did!

I ended up telling the engineer I wasn’t looking for huge gains, I really just wanted to add some bang to my already robust symphony. I specifically requested no rev-limit increase, and only moderate map adjustments in a bid for at least some reliability. From what I understand, the valves just hang open for a second on decel and provide exactly what I’ve been looking for. To achieve the ‘excessive’ burble seen in a lot of the videos, there is a very specific set of circumstances required. The valves only lag on decel above 3k rpm so it is very easy to keep it down if needed. Under normal conditions, you get a short burst of cracks immediately after you get off the gas, and some follow-up burble when you get back on.

I haven’t noticed any change to the way my car drives, shifts or otherwise runs aside from what I was hoping for. Drama.

I’ll post a video as soon as I have a chance, and will report back in time with regard to reliability. As far as I’m concerned this tune should be considered rather than dismissed.

*There is a minor improvement to throttle response, which I believe may be responsible for the ‘jerk’ which might to some feel like the transmission issue noted above. I would liken it more to throttle sensitivity, almost feels like ‘PWR’ mode. The burble happens most at high rpm, if you’re feathering the gas you can keep it popping for over 10 seconds if you want. If you hit the gas here, you’re already at 3-4k+ rpm and with the improved throttle response it can feel a bit too ‘on-tap’. This might be greatly enhanced in the ISF.

**Full disclosure, this is not my primary vehicle. This is my fun, drive it like you mean it weekend machine designed with the sole purpose of making me smile. This was a huge factor in my risk calculation. If this car breaks, its nothing more than an excuse to upgrade at this point.
Old 06-08-19 | 01:21 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

To me, this mod doesn't make the Isf sound anything like a well tuned vehicle. But to each their own.
Old 06-08-19 | 03:14 PM
Rickna
Racer

Personally, I don't need the attention.
Old 06-08-19 | 07:44 PM
Weapon F

To each is own, Personally, I can't stand this latest trend all you hear now are these ridiculously loud moronic tunes that every 21 year old is putting on their cars. For me they do absolutely nothing to enhance the sound of cars exhaust between this and all 2 step setups that turbo guys are installing they all sound like crap! These burble tunes are as artificial as piped in exhaust sounds pumped in through speakers of some cars now.
The following 7 users liked this post by Weapon F:
CASeoul (04-13-21), isfvss (04-29-20), Joe Z (04-29-20), lobuxracer (06-11-19), RRRacing (05-06-20), SoulFreak (06-09-19), WhyHateTho (04-29-20) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-08-19 | 08:44 PM
mahcah
Racer

You can tell who’s older and who’s younger by the comments as of late.
Icetrai350 (11-07-19)
Old 06-08-19 | 10:16 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Originally Posted by mahcah
You Sir, are correct. If you don’t care for a particular modification and you MUST chime in, the appropriate response would be ‘I wouldn’t do this, but to each their own’ as already stated a number of times.

Responses akin to ‘All these damn kids with their fandangled technological computer engine noise crap’ just end up stirring the pot.

For the record, I’m a grown man with a wife and kid. But thanks for making me feel young at heart
The following 3 users liked this post by Grizsk:
Miles2018 (10-30-22), Samin (08-11-23), vraa (06-12-19)
Old 06-09-19 | 09:27 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by mahcah
Not necessarily true, where I live a ton of car enthusiasts both young and older. On my block several Gearheads ranging in age from the mid thirties Up to sixties from old school muscle cars to M4,Giulia, Hellcat, None of us like these fake blurbs tunes as well as 2 step setup on turbo cars. They are as fake as exhaust sounds being played through audio systems of certain cars.Its matter of taste . Yes I'm older 55yrs old have owned my 2011 ISF for 9yrs now since it was new back in Nov of 2010. Its FBO, KWv3 suspension superpro bushing all around, sikky sway bars, RR Racing tune and Tuned intake its no wall flower, DD it for 7yrs. Don't let a let person age null you into believing they are not interested in latest tech. If I want to here snap crackle and pop I'll buy some Rice Crispy cereal.

Quick Reply: MForce ECU - Crackle, Pop Tune