IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

The 2008 ISF was perfect!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-18, 10:59 AM
Adziu
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

As far as the 08 goes, it’s not that bad if you really look at it. You can still do 2 wheel burnouts at a stand still with the front wheels pointed straight and steering wheel. Donuts and drifting isn’t bad just start off with a burnout and point the wheels whichever direction you intend on going and pump the gas pedal and voila you got it. A buddy of mine let me test drive his 2012 USB stock ISF and I could tell the car felt a lot different prior to the 08-10. You can always swap the diff out to the OS giken or the Torsen 2010+ LSD. But since I don’t go to the track much it makes no sense for me to dump money on a differential change unless the ELSD would ever fail (*knock on wood*). To help the suspension part out you’re better off getting coilovers BC racing or better or even the Swift springs upgrade with better struts to help the handling. Recently I had changed out the springs to the Swift’s for my 08 and totally noticed a huge change in the car’s handling compared to the stock springs. Front struts are still factory Tokico and rears were upgraded to Bilstein since stocks were rusty and old. It’s all a matter of personal preference in this matter on the years. Any ISF is great just get familiar with it and be the boss behind the wheel!
Old 11-19-18, 01:48 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I totally get this. Having both in the garage, I drive them back and forth all the time. I would likely get a GS F simply because it won't be hard to find one unmolested. Finding an IS F unmolested will be hard, and I'll face the same problem I have right now - a relatively minor accident will result in losing the car because the cost of repair is so high on a car at least 6 MYs old. Mine turns 10 next month and I have to really think hard about what I want to do with it going forward. Dumping a ton of money in a DD isn't prudent at this point and even though doing that would be fun, it won't be anything like the fun I plan to have with my next automotive purchase.
Does the GSF shift just as fast as the ISF? A lot of the reviews put down the shifting speed. I wanted a GSF for a while, but their rarity and price pointed me toward the ISF.

The totaled part does worry me. I try to put parts on that i can easily pull off and resale or put on another ISF. I’ve built and blow motors before, not interested in doing that here. This is another reason that I don’t daily it.
Old 11-21-18, 09:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,013 Likes on 2,431 Posts

The GS F shift speed is the same as the IS F, but it is more clunky at times. The motoring press now compares shift speed to DCTs and there's no beating a DCT for shift speed.

Glad you have the time to invest in removing parts from a totaled car. I don't. I barely have time to keep up with regular maintenance these days.