IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ppe vs sikky headers? Which one to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-18, 01:14 PM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

PPE Headers are showing gains of 17whp & 4wtq for the RCF based on what I found online on this forum
American Racing on the other hand are showing gains of 24 WHP and 16 wtq of torque just with Headers
with FBO (exhaust, intake, tune, headers) ARH are claiming 59whp (info obtained off their website)
They do have bigger primaries which may lead to more power? I'm not sure but that's what I found from researching online .

​I do plan on hitting the dyno next year. Will keep you guys posted once I get it done.
Old 11-17-18, 01:24 PM
samjones
Driver

Originally Posted by mahcah
That system sounds slightly different but good. Looks to be mated to a Borla system?
Almost identical to a Borla system yes, but it's a Canadian company called Cortek...Cortek's Y pipe and mufflers connected to the ARH X pipe and their Headers...pics bellow is what my car was equipped with before the Headers

Old 11-17-18, 04:07 PM
Adziu
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

PPE headers all day. Get them ceramic coated if they don’t come like that already. Best headers ever made for the ISF. I heard complaints about Sikky’s headers and I’m glad my F came with the PPE’s.
Old 11-17-18, 07:09 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
It might have something to do with the rr racing motor mounts.
Ya think

Lou
Old 11-17-18, 11:57 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Ya think

Lou
Well it's not only the motor mounts because rr racing has to shave a bit off the the sub frame with the unequal length headers installation too so, as I mentioned, fitment isn't perfect.
Old 11-18-18, 05:45 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by samjones
PPE Headers are showing gains of 17whp & 4wtq for the RCF based on what I found online on this forum
American Racing on the other hand are showing gains of 24 WHP and 16 wtq of torque just with Headers
with FBO (exhaust, intake, tune, headers) ARH are claiming 59whp (info obtained off their website)
They do have bigger primaries which may lead to more power? I'm not sure but that's what I found from researching online .

​I do plan on hitting the dyno next year. Will keep you guys posted once I get it done.
Dont qoute me because I may be wrong, but I think RR tried headers with bigger primaries and didn’t see a gain. I can’t find the thread anywhere. The thread was started buy a guy asking about running bigger exhausts and throttle bodies. His attitude was bigger is better, and RR disagreed with this platform.
Old 11-18-18, 05:57 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, I have them on my ISF. Pictures with and without the resonator
Cool! Thanks for sharing. This is the first I've heard about these (hence my fitment question).
The following users liked this post:
GreyRhino (12-24-19)
Old 11-18-18, 05:59 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

https://youtu.be/noueqjlObCA
this sound clip is without resonators (Headers, high flow cats, after market mufflers by cortek which is similar to borla)
No issues with the install other than the o2 sensors that needed to be replaced which is common. Also, I got the RR Racing engine mounts installed at the same time, and would highly recommend them.
They sound good in the video, but it's so hard to get a true sense of the actual sound with phone videos...
Old 11-18-18, 06:32 AM
samjones
Driver

Originally Posted by Jwconeil

Dont qoute me because I may be wrong, but I think RR tried headers with bigger primaries and didn’t see a gain. I can’t find the thread anywhere. The thread was started buy a guy asking about running bigger exhausts and throttle bodies. His attitude was bigger is better, and RR disagreed with this platform.
I remember reading how someone modified their flange exit ( made them bigger) and made more power on the ISF. I can't seem to find it but do remember reading about it long time ago. I'm not sure on your statement but ARH dyno is showing better gains on the RCF than PPE...regardless of the dyno numbers, I assure you that the gains are there. PPE has also released a 3" cat back for the ISF, possibly due to better gains..??

My car was stock originally. My first mod was the cat back following by the intake and then tune....headers came last and I really wish I did headers first .... Best upgrade 100%
Old 11-18-18, 09:14 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

^^^^The PPE flange sizes are as follows:

ISF - 60mm (2.4")

RCF - 65mm (2.6")

The larger 65mm flange can be ordered for ISF headers, but the mating flange on the exhaust side would need to be modified to fit.

Lou
Old 11-18-18, 10:07 AM
samjones
Driver

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^The PPE flange sizes are as follows:

ISF - 60mm (2.4")

RCF - 65mm (2.6")

The larger 65mm flange can be ordered for ISF headers, but the mating flange on the exhaust side would need to be modified to fit.

Lou
Yup, and any good exhaust shop can get this done without issues. That's exactly how my ARH system came, since it was designed for the RCF.

After market Headers HP gains seem higher on the ISF than the RCF and that's probably why lexus made these changes on the RCF ...???

Here's a few photos to compare

Cortek x-pipe (similar to Borla)

ARH headers and their x-pipe which is all included

Old 11-19-18, 06:11 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Fack, I didn’t realize ARH was producing stuff for us. I’m pretty happy with my V2’s but would definitely have opted for long tubes from ARH. I assume there’s no bolt up exhaust that mates to it though for our cars?
Old 11-19-18, 06:56 PM
samjones
Driver

Originally Posted by FFM
Fack, I didn’t realize ARH was producing stuff for us. I’m pretty happy with my V2’s but would definitely have opted for long tubes from ARH. I assume there’s no bolt up exhaust that mates to it though for our cars?
They make a cat back exhaust that fits directly with their Headers but only for the RCF.
It's not that bad tho, it only takes a little custom work to get any after market exhaust to fit their Headers&x-pipe combo.
Old 11-19-18, 07:12 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Problem is I’m already invested in these V2’s and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with them. Any fitment issues with Sikky headers died with the original ones, that were also dirt cheap. If I ever changed them out, it would be purely for the sound of EL for something different.
The following 2 users liked this post by FFM:
Vitveet (12-24-19), WhyHateTho (06-28-20)
Old 12-24-19, 11:34 AM
GreyRhino
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

American Racing Headers designed a set for the RCF which will fit the ISF as well...they are long tubes and the only option with 1-7/8" primaries .. The X pipe is included in their price .... One more option to consider guys
Good info fellas I'm trying to dial this in for my LS460 NOT GS460 an I can't get a confirmation from the manufacturers. Which I understand. However it's worse when I can't find any official threads or get a confirmation from the guys on the boards/forums who have them to confirm. This is nuts... Someone HeLp mE!!

Quick Reply: Ppe vs sikky headers? Which one to go with?