IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

‘08 dashboard and door panels replaced

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-18, 07:55 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts
Default ‘08 dashboard and door panels replaced

We all know of the recall for the ISXX dashboard and door panel where the is-f was not included. Two years ago I called Lexus corporate and was told they would not cover the entire expense but would only cover half. The is-f was not part of the recall. Lo and behold, a couple of months ago lexus quietly sent out a new recall for the dashboard and door panel ( thanks to Sheila , blue is-f for the heads up). This time my precious is-f was included. Today I got my ‘08 back with a new dashboard and four new door panels after a month of placing the order in Lexus Escondido. It took two days to install plus the airbag recall done. My only complaint which I knew was going to happen was the blue stitching on the door panels are gone. They used a regular ISXX panel which had white stitching. Guess they don’t stock is-f door panels. But who cares, I can always color it blue with a pen.. plus it’s Free! Free!
So for all you is-f with melting dashboard and door panels, hurry up to your favorite lexus dealer and get those things replaced. Or better yet for those close by, I highly recommend Lexus Escondido. They are now aware of the new recall ( I was told I was their first recall customer).

Last edited by av8or; 12-05-18 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-05-18, 08:41 PM
AyAyRon
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
We all know of the recall for the ISXX dashboard and door panel where the is-f was not included. Two years ago I called Lexus corporate and was told they would not cover the entire expense but would only cover half. The is-f was not part of the recall. Lo and behold, a couple of months ago lexus quietly sent out a new recall for the dashboard and door panel ( thanks to Sheila , blue is-f for the heads up). This time my precious is-f was included. Today I got my ‘08 back with a new dashboard and four new door panels after a month of placing the order in Lexus Escondido. It took two days to install plus the airbag recall done. My only complaint which I knew was going to happen was the blue stitching on the door panels are gone. They used a regular ISXX panel which had white stitching. Guess they don’t stock is-f door panels. But who cares, I can always color it blue with a pen.. plus it’s Free! Free!
So for all you is-f with melting dashboard and door panels, hurry up to your favorite lexus dealer and get those things replaced. Or better yet for those close by, I highly recommend Lexus Escondido. They are now aware of the new recall ( I was told I was their first recall customer).
Surely you don't think you're breaking this news for the first time.
Old 12-05-18, 08:45 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AyAyRon
Surely you don't think you're breaking this news for the first time.
No. Just wanted to voice out my experience with the dashboard recall. Was out of the forum for awhile. And it’s a’holes like you that made me remember why I left. And don’t call me “Shirley”..

Last edited by av8or; 12-05-18 at 09:28 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by av8or:
21ce (12-08-18), chelms166 (12-06-18), ddcruise (12-06-18), MpKSonic (12-06-18), Wh0pp3r (12-06-18)
Old 12-05-18, 09:42 PM
AyAyRon
Driver

No. Just wanted to voice out my experience with the dashboard recall. Was out of the forum for awhile. And it’s a’holes like you that made me remember why I left. And don’t call me “Shirley”..
Your logical fallacy is known as “poisoning the well.” You can learn about it here: https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...oning-the-Well
Old 12-05-18, 11:39 PM
ISpurFect
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually found this interesting. I had read about the recall when it was first announced for the IS-F's and more recently received my letter in the mail. I have a NM IS-F and was wondering if at some point I had my door panels replaced would the stitching be blue. Has anyone else received door panels with white stitching?
Old 12-06-18, 01:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,383 Posts

Originally Posted by AyAyRon

Your logical fallacy is known as “poisoning the well.” You can learn about it here: https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...oning-the-Well

folks keep this civil please
Old 12-06-18, 05:36 AM
AyAyRon
Driver

Originally Posted by ISpurFect
I actually found this interesting. I had read about the recall when it was first announced for the IS-F's and more recently received my letter in the mail. I have a NM IS-F and was wondering if at some point I had my door panels replaced would the stitching be blue. Has anyone else received door panels with white stitching?
Over 14,000 views in this thread. Probably a good place to ask.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/795048-08-is-f-owners-with-sticky-dash-door-panels-chime-in-6.html
Old 12-06-18, 07:07 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's nice to know the feedback. I didn't know the stitches would be white and not blue. Do you notice any rattles/noise after the panels/dash board are replaced ? I'm hesitated to get replacement, because of the rattle/noise.
Old 12-06-18, 07:28 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Isn't the white stitching from the Neiman Marcus edition?
Old 12-06-18, 08:22 AM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 94 Posts

I have blue stitching in my 2 week old panels...

so it turns out to be breaking news. I’m sure it will be easier to sleep at night knowing the CL gods are smiling over you.
Old 12-06-18, 09:23 AM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

wish my dash would melt lol. id like new panels to replace the lightly scratched ones i have.
Old 12-06-18, 01:49 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Isn't the white stitching from the Neiman Marcus edition?
Neimam Marcus edition does have the white stitching. Mystery solved..
The service rep did tell me Lexus goes by vin# for ordered parts when I asked about the blue stitching and he guaranteed I will be getting an is-f door panel.

Last edited by av8or; 12-06-18 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-06-18, 05:40 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a Neiman Marcus F and yesterday was 2 months since I took it in for their inspection of the panels/dash. I was told about 1.5 months ago 1 single panel had come in. I called a couple of days ago to make a service appointment and my service advisor said there's no change. So after 2 months only 1 panel has come in.

I stressed it to him that mine has the white stitching being a NM and expect white stitching on the new ones. As the op said, he told me they are ordered off the vin so mine should come in white. He hadn't opened the package so I don't know. I'll find out when I go Monday.
Old 12-06-18, 05:53 PM
av8or
Intermediate

^^^ They order by vin# but I still got white instead of blue. Even though I reminded the service rep of the blue stitching as well. Tell you what, if you get blue i’ll trade you my white. You pay the shipping .
All joking aside, like i’ve mentioned before, I can always take a blue pen and color it. Doesn’t bother me at all anyways and I highly doubt anyone would notice the stitching color difference. My friends see new door panels and dashboard.