IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing Stage II ISF E85 kit makes 652whp! Thats around 770hp

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-19, 05:46 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow! This is wicked! I wonder how much rebuilding the trans would cost?
Old 01-07-19, 07:08 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Rafi, first great job on Continuing to develop ISF. Even thought its Granddaddy of F's 11 yrs old now. With your upgrades you have made ISF fastest car currently in Lexus line thats including the incredible LFA. My question to you is how much power can you safely get out of the ISF? I definitely believe there's more power that can be made with 2UR- GSE motor given the right modifications but now that you are reaching the limitations how's much power transmission can hold are there plans for upgrading the existing transmission or perhaps use transmission swap if thats even possible?
There is definitely more to go with the engines. What we have found is that the valve bodies are not holding enough pressure with the power during shifts. We are currently working on developing a valve body upgrade with testing and following that ideas with transmission upgrades. All currently on our list right now and in development. In regards to your statement on a swap, it'll be difficult to concept that, being that they are CANBUS cars and would need to figure out how the transmission will cooperate with the ECU without running a standalone for a different trans.

-Sean
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-07-19 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-07-19, 04:40 PM
Johnny Mayday
CL Town Crier

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
There is definitely more to go with the engines. What we have found is that the valve bodies are not holding enough pressure with the power during shifts. We are currently working on developing a valve body upgrade with testing and following that ideas with transmission upgrades. All currently on our list right now and in development. In regards to your statement on a swap, it'll be difficult to concept that, being that they are CANBUS cars and would need to figure out how the transmission will cooperate with the ECU without running a standalone for a different trans.

-Sean
Roger that! Thanks for the info man!

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-07-19 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-07-19, 05:24 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Thank you RR for continuing to push the limits of this car.... great job! I have a question that is just slightly off topic though.... would there be any benefit in developing a e85 flex fuel kit for FBO ISF's? I know there are so guys that are mixing 93 with e85, but to me that's a little scary if you dont have all the flex fuel sensors and such. I'm talking about a full flex fuel kit with all the sensors and mods that allow you to run anything from 91 to full e85 and anything in between. I know the biggest gains using e85 will be seen in FI, but was curious if a FBO car would see anything.

thanks!
Old 01-08-19, 05:43 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Thank you RR for continuing to push the limits of this car.... great job! I have a question that is just slightly off topic though.... would there be any benefit in developing a e85 flex fuel kit for FBO ISF's? I know there are so guys that are mixing 93 with e85, but to me that's a little scary if you dont have all the flex fuel sensors and such. I'm talking about a full flex fuel kit with all the sensors and mods that allow you to run anything from 91 to full e85 and anything in between. I know the biggest gains using e85 will be seen in FI, but was curious if a FBO car would see anything.

thanks!
While I was out in Colorado last week with a group of IS-F owners, they swear by the ethanol mix. They are running an e50 blend, if memory serves right, on their NA ISF. Is there a massive benefit? I have no honest say, I can understand that being in higher altitude it may help them with their loss of power, but from personal experience, coming from a performance shop background, there are minimal gains on NA applications with e85 (based off of 5.0L mustangs and LT1 platforms). So for the cost of a "flex fuel" setup is it worth it? Maybe not.

-Sean

Old 01-08-19, 07:38 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Sean,

Yea it was me you were with and I blend @40% and have for years now. So you may be correct that having a more oxygenated fuel blend helps because were already wheezing at over a mile high up here. The added oxygen definitely helps with KCLV and the general performance of the car
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (01-08-19)
Old 01-10-19, 02:25 PM
MLRSTJ
Rookie

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the 700 Club !!!
Old 01-10-19, 02:27 PM
MLRSTJ
Rookie

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Are you still running the stock internals?
Old 01-11-19, 04:15 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Back in the day, my buddy had an auto AWD DSM, and another two friends had manuals. We made fun of the auto all the time. The manual cars kept breaking trannies, the auto never did.

Years later I found out the auto tranny, with a valve body upgrade, could reliably handle 10s on a track car. Boy were we stupid.

Hopefully that’s the same story here. A valve body upgrade could really take it to the next level, potentially.
Old 01-24-19, 02:13 PM
smaggs
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in as it doesn't warrant it's own thread but since there's been talk on transmission limitations, there's a used transmission for sale up here in Vancouver, Canada. The seller bought a wrecked ISF and is using the motor for another project and does not need the transmission so if anyone's interested i can put them in touch with him or just reply to the Craigslist ad. He said he would be willing to ship to the states too but at a premium....
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds...800885981.html
Old 01-24-19, 02:37 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by smaggs
Wasn't sure what thread to put this in as it doesn't warrant it's own thread but since there's been talk on transmission limitations, there's a used transmission for sale up here in Vancouver, Canada. The seller bought a wrecked ISF and is using the motor for another project and does not need the transmission so if anyone's interested i can put them in touch with him or just reply to the Craigslist ad. He said he would be willing to ship to the states too but at a premium....
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds...800885981.html
Actually RRRACING is currently developing fix for transmission they are working on developing a new valve body upgrade. This where issue seems to be.
smaggs (01-24-19)
Old 01-25-19, 05:21 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Actually RRRACING is currently developing fix for transmission they are working on developing a new valve body upgrade. This where issue seems to be.
That we are. We are working with damn near one of the best transmission companies for JDM vehicles on the market right now. We're not going to skimp out on quality or reputation and we're happy to start on this endeavor. Not only that, this company finally made a huge break through with GTR valve bodies a few months ago. So, with that being said, we're hoping to have some promising results in the next month of R&D.

-Sean

The following 4 users liked this post by RRRacing:
16GSF00336 (01-25-19), Defratos (01-25-19), MileHIFcar (01-25-19), smaggs (01-25-19)
Old 01-25-19, 05:45 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I’d like to give some feedback. I’d be pretty happy to spend big bucks on a supercharger kit and all supporting mods, but I’d prefer a supercharger capable of more power for when you resolve the tranny limits. Also, how much power can your stage 2 fuel system handle?

I am not saying that 650 at the wheels is not enough. But if a valve body allows you to make 750-850... it would be nice to know the supercharger could take me there without overspinning.

If the kit itself maxed out close to 650, it removes the incentive to upgrade the other pieces should they break.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought I read that the blower is maxed out at 650. In sorry if I just spreaded Incorrect Info.
Old 01-25-19, 10:38 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I am not saying that 650 at the wheels is not enough. But if a valve body allows you to make 750-850...
WOW 850WHP would be around 1000hp and 750whp around 890hp. If they could pull that off with out major work to block. Then is would sort of make ISF the spiritual successor to Supra not current rebadged BMW in Toyota clothing. Now I'm not claiming that 2UR is in same league as 2jz but hey you never know what mad scientist over at RRRACING might be capable of doing. No one has truly seen really what this Motors top Outer Limits are but we're now starting to get there.I wish RRRACING success in there Quest for more power as well as reliability. A stage Ii S/C ISF is currently fastest lexus out might even give LC-F run for its money once they release it who knows. Its going to be interesting to say the least especially if they solve the problems with the transmission and they up the boost.
iH8RICERZ (07-24-19)
Old 01-25-19, 11:55 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I’d like to give some feedback. I’d be pretty happy to spend big bucks on a supercharger kit and all supporting mods, but I’d prefer a supercharger capable of more power for when you resolve the tranny limits. Also, how much power can your stage 2 fuel system handle?

I am not saying that 650 at the wheels is not enough. But if a valve body allows you to make 750-850... it would be nice to know the supercharger could take me there without overspinning.

If the kit itself maxed out close to 650, it removes the incentive to upgrade the other pieces should they break.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought I read that the blower is maxed out at 650. In sorry if I just spreaded Incorrect Info.
Once we resolve the transmission, we already have a larger blower, and have been taking deposits on it as well. In terms of fueling, high 650's tend to be where fuel cut is without needing to go to our stage 3 kit which would be injectors and piggyback to control them. Will have results on that later next month.

650whp is plenty for daily driving on the street, but of course people always want more, which is why we continue to push on how we are.

-Sean

Quick Reply: RR Racing Stage II ISF E85 kit makes 652whp! Thats around 770hp