IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2010 Lexus ISF with 126k miles. 3 year gap in service history. Asking $22k. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-19, 09:04 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

My experience with Continental's has also not been good. I know a different tire, but my experience with Continental's customer service was nothing short of atrocious. My thread is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...reme-dw-8.html

Lou
Old 02-17-19, 12:05 PM
ToYourGSE
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Update:

I'm here in California now. Car drove great and looked good other than a few minor dings. But I didn't buy it yet - there is one issue. They do not have a title. They said since they bought the car 3 weeks ago they don't have it yet as the auto action they got it from didn't send it to them yet - they can take up to 30 days. They said they could mail me the title when they get it. If I bought it today I'd only be walking away with a bill of sale and a temp California plate/registration. I didn't like that. The Auction place they bought it from is closed on Sunday. I told them if I can get the legit title tomorrow I will buy it. If they can't get it to me by then I'll be asking for my deposit back. I'm also a little concerned because they said something along the lines of "if you pay in all cash [literal cash, dollar bills], we might be able to get the title quicker". I showed them the Chase bank cashiers check I'd intend to pay with - no loan. They seem like nice people and they have decent reviews - but I don't feel comfortable buying a car from across the country without a title. I really hope they can get me a title tomorrow, or latest Tuesday. If not I may walk away. I hope it doesn't come to that. Let me know what you guys think

Google Reviews

https://www.yelp.com/biz/deluxe-auto-dealer-midway-city
Originally Posted by flowrider
My experience with Continental's has also not been good. I know a different tire, but my experience with Continental's customer service was nothing short of atrocious. My thread is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...reme-dw-8.html

Lou
Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Weapon F
May I make suggestion to you I live in Westchester county NY. I've had my 2011 ISF for 8yrs now. I had Continental extreme contact DWS didn't care for them at all. For me just didn't handle icey roads that well at all, were ok in light powdered snow no more than 1in. In slippery icy slushy snow not that great. If your going to DD your ISF in NYC the best way to go about it is two get two sets of tires and rims. I Have dictated UHP summer tires and Blizzak ws80 winter tire mounted on 18in rims 225/45/18 to be exact square set. You will extended life of your summer tires and get best handling tires for your ISF, and get real traction and safety with winters tires. The WS80 blizzaks are great in snow and ice also handle fairly well for what they are winters tires and ride comfortably. I tried to two different types of all season tires and was never satisfied with there capabilities on the ISF even with moderate snowfall amounts. Not until I went with dedicated snow tires did ISF finally handle well not just in snow but icey conditions, cold wet roads and are very good in rain as well. By the time you get your ISF back to New York City it will be nearly the end of February and just a few weeks of winter left. I'd find a good set of Summer tire since at that point spring is month away. And get set of snow tires in the fall. You can get package deal of tires and rims through Discounts Tires or Tire Rack. If you want meet up let me know I go over my experiences over last 8yrs with my ISF, what work what doesn't etc.
The car already has summers on it with some life left - my only concern would be the drive back if theres any cold and wet roads on the way back. But I do agree generally speaking a set of summers and winters. I'd love to meet up if I end up getting it
Old 02-17-19, 12:28 PM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts

Believe it or not that's all we got when purchased our SC430 from Florida...bill of sale and temp plate. We actually got the title 2 months later. Big difference though - I purchased it from a Toyota dealer so wasn't worried about getting scammed...in your case I can see why you would be hesitant. It's likely the auction house doesn't have the title...it's held up at the DMV. If you like the car and can wait it out and extra day I might call them and ask what to do.

Another option might be to leave your deposit in place, fly back, and tell them you will complete the sale in the next week or so (since it's already been 3 weeks, correct?) once they produce the title. Tell them shipping the vehicle would be on their dime since you've already incurred an expense by flying out.

I'm a win/win kind of guy and I think in most cases with a little flexibility things can be worked out. I would hate for you to have to walk but if you have to, certainly do so.
Old 02-17-19, 03:55 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFDreamer
Update:

I'm here in California now. Car drove great and looked good other than a few minor dings. But I didn't buy it yet - there is one issue. They do not have a title. They said since they bought the car 3 weeks ago they don't have it yet as the auto action they got it from didn't send it to them yet - they can take up to 30 days. They said they could mail me the title when they get it. If I bought it today I'd only be walking away with a bill of sale and a temp California plate/registration. I didn't like that. The Auction place they bought it from is closed on Sunday. I told them if I can get the legit title tomorrow I will buy it. If they can't get it to me by then I'll be asking for my deposit back. I'm also a little concerned because they said something along the lines of "if you pay in all cash [literal cash, dollar bills], we might be able to get the title quicker". I showed them the Chase bank cashiers check I'd intend to pay with - no loan. They seem like nice people and they have decent reviews - but I don't feel comfortable buying a car from across the country without a title. I really hope they can get me a title tomorrow, or latest Tuesday. If not I may walk away. I hope it doesn't come to that. Let me know what you guys think

Google Reviews

https://www.yelp.com/biz/deluxe-auto-dealer-midway-city

Thanks for the info

The car already has summers on it with some life left - my only concern would be the drive back if theres any cold and wet roads on the way back. But I do agree generally speaking a set of summers and winters. I'd love to meet up if I end up getting it
Good luck, if you get that ISF or any ISF let me know we can meet up. And if you ever need good dealership let me know. I've been dealing with the same service manager for Lexus for over 12 years and 3 different Lexus cars. There honest, do great work will work with you and willing to do mod work. I bought five different CL members to have headers installed by them as well as a few other items. As well as other shops that do different sorts of work for anything you can't do yourself. Heres what my ISF with winter tire Blizzak ws80 225/45/18 square set and rims looks like.

Old 02-18-19, 02:14 PM
ToYourGSE
Pit Crew

Update:

so they said said they can get me a title tomorrow. If they follow through on that then I’ll be taking it home.

On a side note - when I got into the car I tested the speakers. It was very noticeably biased towards the left. I went into the sound settings - this was even after it was sginicantly shifted to the right on settings. Is this an easy fix when I get home?
Old 02-18-19, 02:37 PM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Glad things are working out. It's probably a blown door speaker....ML problems are common usually it's the subwoofer that's blown. When we got our SC430 last year I replaced the passenger door speaker AND the subwoofer surround. Took a Saturday morning to remove the door panel and back seat but it's like a night and day difference. Especially the sub.
Old 02-18-19, 05:14 PM
ToYourGSE
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kevin3344
Glad things are working out. It's probably a blown door speaker....ML problems are common usually it's the subwoofer that's blown. When we got our SC430 last year I replaced the passenger door speaker AND the subwoofer surround. Took a Saturday morning to remove the door panel and back seat but it's like a night and day difference. Especially the sub.
I’m not one to fix something like this myself because I’d be afraid of messing something up. How much would this cost to fix at a dealer or an independent shop?
Old 02-18-19, 06:18 PM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

The OEM door speaker is about $200 plus an hour or labor so maybe $350? The subwoofer is a little more. It's not something you need to fix right away though. Keep us posted and enjoy the ride home.
Old 02-19-19, 11:52 AM
ToYourGSE
Pit Crew

At the dealer now, they have the real title today. Sitting in the office dealing with paper work and payment.... hopefully I’ll be on the road soon! Can’t wait for the drive !
Old 02-19-19, 11:54 AM
8cyl
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hope all things go smoothly, you will enjoy the drive!
Old 02-19-19, 11:58 AM
ToYourGSE
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 8cyl
Hope all things go smoothly, you will enjoy the drive!
thanks! I’ll post pics soon. Also agree with others. Gonna skip the all seasons, keep the current tires til they’re worn, and get new summers when needed (I still have my old Fwd Sonata with all seasons til April, If weather is bad). Then I’ll get a set of winters next winter
Old 02-19-19, 12:01 PM
kevin3344
Lexus Test Driver

Enjoy the drive back! Man that car is a beast don't forget to press the 'Sport' button!!! lol.
Old 02-19-19, 12:19 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

CONGRATS! if you are near monterey park/ alhambra area lets meet up for dinner today or tomorrow if anything! congrats again.
Old 02-19-19, 01:10 PM
ToYourGSE
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Wh0pp3r
CONGRATS! if you are near monterey park/ alhambra area lets meet up for dinner today or tomorrow if anything! congrats again.
I normally would but I’m already a day and a half behind schedule, wanna get on the road ASAP. If ever take another cross country trip and wind up in LA, I’m down to meet up!
Old 02-19-19, 02:29 PM
8cyl
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you decided on rotors then? Or did I miss the thread.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lexus ISF with 126k miles. 3 year gap in service history. Asking $22k. Thoughts?