IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Bc coilovers (er versions) -

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-19 | 12:09 AM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Default Bc coilovers (er versions) -

I know that the regular BCs seem to have a bit of mixed reviews, obviously when compared to Ohlins and such its a no brainer. $1,000 vs $4,000 coilovers. But has anyone ever suggested BCs higher end models the ERs? FIGS has them at the value around $2,000 or $2,300 with swift springs. Compared to many other coils like the KW X GREDDY, KW V3s, and much more, this one has an external reservoir. There are more than a few benefits, but the simple version is that the remote reservoir can contain a larger volume of oil which helps prevent the shock from overheating and allowing for more consistent damping. Also have two way dampening.

This might be an option something many haven't looked at... because well... It's BC, BC is an asian brand as we know, BUT it's not necessarily bad. Looks like im going to be the tester for these ones

Old 05-01-19 | 12:57 AM
KenISF
Driver

I'm new here and bought my F not to long ago. Was looking at the BC since I only drive my car on the weekend. With so many mixed reviews on the BC I was looking at the KWxGreddy. The KWXGreddy doesn't seem to be much better. I'm now looking at the HKS but not much reviews. If your budget is around 2k maybe look into the HKS.I seen the BC with remote reservoir but not sure of their build quality regardless.
Old 05-01-19 | 07:52 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KenISF
I'm new here and bought my F not to long ago. Was looking at the BC since I only drive my car on the weekend. With so many mixed reviews on the BC I was looking at the KWxGreddy. The KWXGreddy doesn't seem to be much better. I'm now looking at the HKS but not much reviews. If your budget is around 2k maybe look into the HKS.I seen the BC with remote reservoir but not sure of their build quality regardless.
If you search the forums, I believe a couple users has reviews for all of the above mentioned coilovers. KWxGreddy and HKS both have great reviews.
Old 05-01-19 | 08:36 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

For that price if I were you I would go with RR racing road and track coilover. Far superior to BC coilover even with the extended reservoir. I’ve seen some reviews where the BC coilovers were put on a shock dyno. Not impressed and actually showed how poorly made they are and inconsistent.
Old 05-01-19 | 08:44 AM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
For that price if I were you I would go with RR racing road and track coilover. Far superior to BC coilover even with the extended reservoir. I’ve seen some reviews where the BC coilovers were put on a shock dyno. Not impressed and actually showed how poorly made they are and inconsistent.
Was that from the BR versions? I'm unsure if these are built the same. I'll try to get some dyno charts from BC if they have any of this particular version.
Old 05-01-19 | 12:48 PM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Default Dyno Charts

Grabbed these off another source that tested ERs. Experts chime in
Old 05-05-19 | 09:34 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

stay away from those crappy rr road and track coilovers, they do nothing good for comfort, they are noisy and can't go lower than most coilovers as they bottom out
Old 05-06-19 | 10:07 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

this is an excellent review on the figs Öhlins that you wont find on any other coilover set up

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sf-review.html
Old 05-07-19 | 10:33 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

I have my rr racing R/T coilover (18/16 spring rate) for almost 6 mos now. With 4 track days, And I travel 1.5 to 2 hours drive from home to the track. I can tell you guys this coilover makes my F planted to the ground. I cant complain about the stiffness during rough road scenario. Considering i have a back injury and a racing seat. I dont experience those neg feedback of others.
At the end of the day chose a set up based on what purpose you want in your F.
If you are near Sac area i will let you drive my F. To feel what im saying here.
Old 06-14-19 | 10:07 PM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Default Anyone have inputs? on (ER)

Anyone got inputs on this BC Coilover (ER)?
Old 06-14-19 | 10:19 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Originally Posted by OneFastF
Anyone got inputs on this BC Coilover (ER)?
figs just started carrying them, i actually rode in his car with the coilovers and for having that high of spring rates it was very comfortable, cornering felt great at high speeds also
Old 06-15-19 | 12:35 AM
KenISF
Driver

At 2300 for the BC with Swift I would rather go with the KW V3 from Tirerack they are 2371 currently.
Old 06-15-19 | 10:27 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Anyone interested in BC's or KW let us know.

The BC ER are pretty new for the ISF so don't think theres much info out there.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-10-19 | 10:44 PM
FIGS
The Maker

We are getting close to posting a full review. I would say for the money, it will be hard to beat our spec on these coils. The ER series we have used pretty extensively on the track and drift builds for the past 7 years. We were actually the First Is300 setup here in the US.

The addition of the reservoir is supplemental to the primary piston bleed and shim stacks, it actually works really well. I have had a little more time to tune these over the last few weeks and the results are an extreme planted, quiet and fast response shock.

Please feel free to ask me any questions on the setup. They do take a little longer to build, but it would be worth it if they fit your budget.
Thanks Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
The following 2 users liked this post by FIGS:
mike33 (07-12-19), TurboGti (11-18-19)