IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing Performance Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-19, 03:35 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ALexusF
I too will be getting this package come fall time. I cannot wait as my current set up (OEM Manifolds, borla catback w/PPE Hi flow cats welded in [came like that when i bought the exhaust]) is just too tame for me. I currently am waiting for my bazooka tips to ship from RR Racing (PPE is backordered until early/mid august ). Ive repeatedly watched countless videos of FBO ISF's w/bazooka tips and its absolutely intoxicating. Borla sounds great as is but still sounds too muffled and less muscle imo.

Ceramic coating is a must as I hear the headers will get hot enough to potentially damage nearby components (i believe it was the starter that could potentially get fried?)
Literally right next to it on the pass side. having that either wrapped or gold shielding it for protection. im being a chump though, since im going for "as quiet as possible", going with the PPE headers, GESI cats, and Joe Z quad tip cat back. may have to add a branch resonator but wont know till its on. just trying to save pennies for Joe Z meow.
Old 08-13-19, 06:44 AM
Zarrex
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

The more I think about this the more I don't know what I want to do about my exhaust lol. I just got my F in December and it's completely stock right now. I can see the RR package in the future but I may just want to start with exhaust. Goal is for the car to sound mean when accelerating but not drone when cruising up in 8th gear. I think the JoeZ will be the best all around option for me in the end. What did you guys do about cats with the JoeZ? Keep stock cats and just change/delete them when you upgrade the headers? Sorry, first time having a car worth modifying the exhaust so I'm a bit clueless in some aspects lol
Old 08-14-19, 04:45 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

GESI cats with my JoeZ once I added headers. With the JoeZ alone, you dont need anything else. I really feel drone was non existent with the JoeZ.

V.
The following users liked this post:
Zarrex (08-14-19)
Old 08-14-19, 12:10 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Still saving pennies fro that quad tip Joe Z