View Poll Results: Upgrade mods or upgrade car
Keep it as is and enjoy it you dummy
31.15%
Moar power ftw, get the headers and yolo
57.38%
Upgrade to something new
11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Rant: Keep modding the F at 100k or sell/upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-19, 06:33 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by clarionguy
I had the same issue. Thought about what my next car could be. Wish they made a new isf. Peaked at a gs-f.

End run pretty much have maxed out mods
PPE headers
Rr racing tune and intaken
Joez exhaust
Rr racing mounts
KW v3
Sways

Recently the only thing that is starting to look out dated to me is the front end.

I'm nearing 400k on the car and just can't find anything else to replace it.
Almost considered a Shelby gt350
New amg c63s
Cts-v
M4
Wait, you got 400k on yours?! Makes me almost want to sell my low miles F and get a crazy high mile one later to keep. Hows the trans holding up? Clutch packs slipping yet?
Old 06-18-19, 09:20 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I'm pretty sure he meant kilometers because he's from Canada ............but still 400,000 kilometers = 248,000 miles approx +/-.........so still a decent amount of miles.
Old 08-29-19, 12:18 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

Update: I went ahead and got a 2012 SFP on red ISF. Came with lots of goodies including full RR Racing performance package with unequal headers, tune, intake, and Borla exhaust. BC Coilovers, Figs LCA/engine mounts, two piece rotors in the back, and even a tech stream laptop and an extra pair of drag wheel/tires. 450 miles away but made for a fun trip back!

Made more sense than further modding mine and I was able to get the headers and LSD and interior I always wanted! I love my 08 but have it nearly stock and ready to sell. Thanks all for the votes, enjoy the pics:

The following users liked this post:
MLRSTJ (08-30-19)
Old 08-29-19, 01:03 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I would consider keeping both lol. Put the mileage on the 08... I technically do that but my main daily / winter car is an 08 IS350. Nice weather / summer car is the 13F.
Old 08-29-19, 01:16 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I would consider keeping both lol. Put the mileage on the 08... I technically do that but my main daily / winter car is an 08 IS350. Nice weather / summer car is the 13F.
08 is already nearly all parted out and I'd rather have a truck or SUV anyways. The 12 ISF will be daily'd snow or rain like the 08 was, but luckily my commute has been halved so miles will still be less. I have to say, driving the 08 with stock suspension and exhaust is such a difference experience. All I have is the modded lights and tune on it and it just goes nearly as quiet as a Tesla lol.

Can't wait to mod the white one, mainly aesthetics and some handling improvements. I don't think I could be any faster unless I did SC. The previous owner had a 11.9 on street tire and 11.7 on slicks, I hope to beat it with lighter wheels maybe, or at least match it! Maybe change the UEL to EL headers in the future too.
Old 08-29-19, 02:25 PM
nvsaccord
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
08 is already nearly all parted out and I'd rather have a truck or SUV anyways. The 12 ISF will be daily'd snow or rain like the 08 was, but luckily my commute has been halved so miles will still be less. I have to say, driving the 08 with stock suspension and exhaust is such a difference experience. All I have is the modded lights and tune on it and it just goes nearly as quiet as a Tesla lol.

Can't wait to mod the white one, mainly aesthetics and some handling improvements. I don't think I could be any faster unless I did SC. The previous owner had a 11.9 on street tire and 11.7 on slicks, I hope to beat it with lighter wheels maybe, or at least match it! Maybe change the UEL to EL headers in the future too.
How are you going to improve handling?
Old 08-29-19, 04:26 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by nvsaccord
How are you going to improve handling?
The car came with BC Racing and Swift coils, so I’ll put my HKS coilovers on. Was also looking to getting the F sport or Sikky rear sway bar, maybe even front as well. Then F sport undercarriage brace and the RR Racing strut brace. Also on the list is Bazooka but before anything at all I’d like to remove the clear bra and touch up a few things.
nvsaccord (08-29-19)
Old 08-29-19, 07:53 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Im full bolt on and can’t break into the 11s. Stupid humidity.
Old 08-30-19, 05:52 AM
4cedfed22
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My vote is to keep the IS F
Old 08-30-19, 07:13 AM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Are you going to transfer over the VLand taillights to the new one?
Old 08-30-19, 07:18 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by NotFSport
Are you going to transfer over the VLand taillights to the new one?
Yes, vland tails and HKS coils will go onto it. Wheels as well. Everything else on the 08 is sold or will be.
Old 08-30-19, 07:38 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 348 Likes on 219 Posts

Please don’t get the HKS coilovers. What the isf needs is stiffer springs the HKS coilovers are way to soft plus all you need suspension wise is figs endlinks F+ R along with the sway bar superpro bushings and a good coilover. I have Penske 18k front and 16k rear along with the figs endlinks F+R and poly sway bar bushings and the car feels perfect! With the sway bar you will just try to make up for the weak springs. You have to remember how heavy the isf is especially the front end.
Jwconeil (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 09:13 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Please don’t get the HKS coilovers. What the isf needs is stiffer springs the HKS coilovers are way to soft plus all you need suspension wise is figs endlinks F+ R along with the sway bar superpro bushings and a good coilover. I have Penske 18k front and 16k rear along with the figs endlinks F+R and poly sway bar bushings and the car feels perfect! With the sway bar you will just try to make up for the weak springs. You have to remember how heavy the isf is especially the front end.
You are right, the HKS are still a bit soft with the 16/10 rates. But I had them on my 08 and pulled them off this week. Before pulling them off I set both the HKS on the 08 and the BC/swift 16/12 to medium stiff, and then both to full soft. The HKS were better for handling, and the BC were slightly softer(I imagine because the HKS were lower and thus had less travel). Either way, I still have warranty on the HKS, and the BC are coming off.

Thank you for the tip on the sway bar/bushings. I look forward to improving the handling and having more autox than drag days.
Jwconeil (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 03:57 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 348 Likes on 219 Posts

You are right, the HKS are still a bit soft with the 16/10 rates. But I had them on my 08 and pulled them off this week. Before pulling them off I set both the HKS on the 08 and the BC/swift 16/12 to medium stiff, and then both to full soft. The HKS were better for handling, and the BC were slightly softer(I imagine because the HKS were lower and thus had less travel). Either way, I still have warranty on the HKS, and the BC are coming off.

Thank you for the tip on the sway bar/bushings. I look forward to improving the handling and having more autox than drag days.
Your welcome. If you want great handling then do as I did. My suspension mods:
penske coilovers 18k/16k
superpro bushings everywhere
RR racing USRS
figs endlinks F+R
figs rear adjustable arms (all of them)
figs front camber kit
UR solid trunk brace
UR solid front brace
Old 08-30-19, 07:42 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Your welcome. If you want great handling then do as I did. My suspension mods:
penske coilovers 18k/16k
superpro bushings everywhere
RR racing USRS
figs endlinks F+R
figs rear adjustable arms (all of them)
figs front camber kit
UR solid trunk brace
UR solid front brace
Maybe an upgraded diff would help too.

Quick Reply: Rant: Keep modding the F at 100k or sell/upgrade?