ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Taking bets, its 480whp for pump gas. 520whp for e30
Old 08-28-19, 12:30 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Pump w/ meth injection 510whp and 540whp with E30 blend.
Old 08-28-19, 01:35 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hi everyone.

I'm sorry for the lack of update. I have updated Nick on the dyno results from Friday. Car did GREAT, but we simply didn't want to post results before finalizing the setup/options.

While it is possible to tune the ISF without intercooler for decent power, we found that running low ethanol blend (e30) was much safer and yielded really good power numbers.

Regarding posting the results, I don't believe in posting results before I am confidant we have a product. That said... running a car on a dyno and impressing everyone with power numbers does not a product make

So we've been street testing the car and I can assure everyone that everything has been going great. On friday we are going to tune the car with pump gas and water/meth injection and post the complete dyno results for ethanol mix and water/meth.

Rafi
If it’s possible, I’d love to see a basic setup with an inter cooler. I don’t care about the fancy stuff, I just want to make as much power as possible efficiently and reliably. We have humidity issues, so I need all the cooling I can get. This is a great setup for some, but I need an inter cooler if that can be a reasonably priced upgrade for the basic kit.
The following users liked this post:
BS ISF (08-29-19)
Old 08-30-19, 07:24 AM
jguy46514
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
If it’s possible, I’d love to see a basic setup with an inter cooler. I don’t care about the fancy stuff, I just want to make as much power as possible efficiently and reliably. We have humidity issues, so I need all the cooling I can get. This is a great setup for some, but I need an inter cooler if that can be a reasonably priced upgrade for the basic kit.
RR stated than an optional intercooler in available higher up in the thread when going over everything that makes the kit more affordable than the current one.
Old 08-30-19, 09:57 AM
Jwconeil

Originally Posted by jguy46514
RR stated than an optional intercooler in available higher up in the thread when going over everything that makes the kit more affordable than the current one.
Correct, but obviously each upgrade adds to the price. Does that mean you need the current piping, and is there a cheaper non-carbon option? Those are the questions I look forward to having answered. That’s why I am hoping there is a less flashy, more affordable intercooler version.
Old 08-30-19, 10:11 AM
oxyisf10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found this out through Nicks Instagram and he told me about this site which made me join. I gotta say I'm extremely happy and excited that this street version supercharger kit is coming to reality and will be available soon.

I to would like to order it with a intercooler option as I'm sure ill be upgrading down the road to more boost or whatever they add to this kit. So hopefully when its released it we can order the intercooler option right away. I for one will be ordering as soon as its live on the RR site. I have been checking daily for it to be listed!

Word is they will be releasing water/meth and e85 blending numbers today so hopefully that still happens. Crossing my fingers they will release intercooler numbers or atleast the option and pricing at the same time as I think most of us would opt to get the intercooler right off the bat as most of us would want to run straight 93.

Thanks RR for all this development, like Nick pointed out above you guys are the only ones keeping us F owners happy so thanks!
Old 08-30-19, 10:11 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Intercoolers are generally based off necessity. With the power output of the base kit they have deemed it not necessary. Lower pressure less heat. So to say you HAVE to have one isn’t entirely correct just because your ambient temp is slightly higher.

Id actually opt for an air/water setup personally since most vehicles these days leave very little room to mount an air/air that actually gets proper flow.
Old 08-30-19, 10:13 AM
oxyisf10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FFM
Intercoolers are generally based off necessity. With the power output of the base kit they have deemed it not necessary. Lower pressure less heat. So to say you HAVE to have one isn’t entirely correct just because your ambient temp is slightly higher.

Id actually opt for an air/water setup personally since most vehicles these days leave very little room to mount an air/air that actually gets proper flow.
I only say that I would want the intercooler option because I track the car a lot and would just feel better with it.
Old 08-30-19, 10:26 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

10/4

I suppose at that point with the cost of the IC I’m guessing you might as well get the original kit. But I suppose it all depends on the cost of this one + the upgrade.
Old 08-30-19, 11:51 AM
jguy46514
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Correct, but obviously each upgrade adds to the price. Does that mean you need the current piping, and is there a cheaper non-carbon option? Those are the questions I look forward to having answered. That’s why I am hoping there is a less flashy, more affordable intercooler version.
Says no carbon fiber piping in the same post I was referencing, bullet point #1, so yes I would assume it's less "flashy" than current.
Old 08-30-19, 12:18 PM
Jwconeil

Originally Posted by jguy46514
Says no carbon fiber piping in the same post I was referencing, bullet point #1, so yes I would assume it's less "flashy" than current.
Correct... but you will have wildly different piping if you run an intercooler. They have already developed carbon piping for that, so I don’t want to assume they will reinvent that wheel.

The piping for this new basic kit will not work with an intercooler.

In the end, I just want to know if after upgrading to an intercooler, will the price increase so much that you are basically buying the original kit? I’m sure RR will answer that. That is why I am asking for THEIR input on it.
Old 08-30-19, 01:08 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,416 Likes on 648 Posts

Correct... but you will have wildly different piping if you run an intercooler. They have already developed carbon piping for that, so I don’t want to assume they will reinvent that wheel.

The piping for this new basic kit will not work with an intercooler.

In the end, I just want to know if after upgrading to an intercooler, will the price increase so much that you are basically buying the original kit? I’m sure RR will answer that. That is why I am asking for THEIR input on it.
We are still crunching the numbers, but my opinion is if you track your car really hard then get the standard kit, in the long run it’s better suited for tracking.

We find that many supercharged cars get used for street any maybe occasional drag racing, so the new basic kit will be a very economical alternative.

FYI, we are still working on the water/meth tune so I hope we can hammer that out first thing next week. Will post dyno graphs when it’s all complete, but e30 makes 530whp. I have driven the car extensively on e30 and it’s an absolute blast to drive, genuinely fast, and extremely responsive.

Rafi
The following 3 users liked this post by RRRacing:
Jwconeil (08-30-19), MileHIFcar (08-30-19), Positron (08-31-19)
Old 08-30-19, 01:15 PM
Jwconeil

Originally Posted by RRRacing
We are still crunching the numbers, but my opinion is if you track your car really hard then get the standard kit, in the long run it’s better suited for tracking.

We find that many supercharged cars get used for street any maybe occasional drag racing, so the new basic kit will be a very economical alternative.

FYI, we are still working on the water/meth tune so I hope we can hammer that out first thing next week. Will post dyno graphs when it’s all complete, but e30 makes 530whp. I have driven the car extensively on e30 and it’s an absolute blast to drive, genuinely fast, and extremely responsive.

Rafi
Great work. Thanks for providing the community with an economical option.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (08-31-19)
Old 09-04-19, 09:15 AM
oxyisf10
Driver School Candidate

So @RRRacing do we have the results, pricing and pre order?

Don't leave us hanging over here I wanna order!!!

@nickj718 what's your take on the car and most of all how is RR-Racing as a vendor? Did the communication, pricing, labor, etc satisfy you?

Really want some details as its been months since we first heard about this.
Old 09-04-19, 10:17 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

530whp as in over the 600 magic number at crank?! hot damn, can that potentially beat all AMGs, Ms and RSs?
Hmmm....decisions decisions...

Quick Reply: RR Racing new “basic” supercharger kit