RR Racing new “basic” supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-19, 10:49 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Those are great numbers!

But... I almost would have preferred less power and the ability to run standard fuels. For a daily driven street car running a street kit I’d rather not have to be running a blend or an injection system.
Agreed. Power and price is just about right but pump gas is a must for me. I don’t want to hassle with anything else, even if I only drove about 3k miles per year.
Old 09-05-19, 01:18 AM
HurtadoISF
Pole Position

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

Rafi - those are great number and a great price! Looking forward to this and also the introductory price!
Old 09-05-19, 10:48 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Seems like a band aid. The reality is the kit makes too much heat without the IC. You can address that with blending, but the first step would be cooling, in my humble opinion.
Pretty much. Meth kits on a street car are blah.
Old 09-06-19, 05:20 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,387 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Rafi,

I'm assuming this kit will work on the GSF/RCF as well? I know there are some differences with the higher pressure fuel pumps on the blue top.

We will be bringing in an RCF next for development. So no worries there.

-Sean
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
MileHIFcar (09-06-19)
Old 09-19-19, 08:25 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sooo Where are we with this?
Old 09-19-19, 08:58 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by chris6878
Sooo Where are we with this?
Running like a bat outta hell blowing the doors off mustangs,Camaros and bmw’s in Chicago
The following 3 users liked this post by nickj718:
BS ISF (09-20-19), Positron (09-19-19), ram5191 (09-19-19)
Old 09-19-19, 10:31 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Why don't you upload a video of the acceleration? Seems like you've had plenty of chances to film some good encounters....
Old 09-19-19, 12:08 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Why don't you upload a video of the acceleration? Seems like you've had plenty of chances to film some good encounters....

Yes I will do a full write up next week. The kit is impressive to say the least, the acceleration is linear like the ISF was from the factory but has wayyyy more ***** behind it. Its a super fun car and I have nothing but good things to say about Rafi and the RR team at this point.
The following 5 users liked this post by nickj718:
BS ISF (09-20-19), MileHIFcar (09-19-19), MLRSTJ (09-19-19), Positron (09-19-19), ram5191 (09-19-19)
Old 09-21-19, 05:23 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by nickj718
Yes I will do a full write up next week. The kit is impressive to say the least, the acceleration is linear like the ISF was from the factory but has wayyyy more ***** behind it. Its a super fun car and I have nothing but good things to say about Rafi and the RR team at this point.
Thats great. I’m glad they offered a more affordable kit. My plan is more heavily track oriented, so as they recommended, the original kit makes more sense for me. Regardless, I’m glad there will be more boosted Fs out there.
Old 09-21-19, 12:53 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like a great kit at a good price! Unfortunately, I just don't think it's going to fly off the shelf due to the fact you have to blend or run meth for proper operation. I think a reliable street supercharger kit should run efficiently on regular pump gas... and blending or meth would just be a cherry on top if the owner so chooses.

If this kit needs E30 or meth to run, its definitely not going to work for the guys in places like California and Colorado where 91 oct is the best we can do at the pump. Just my .02

For the record... I have mad respect for RR and all the fine products they have made for this community.
Old 09-21-19, 01:39 PM
Grosen84
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Sounds like a great kit at a good price! Unfortunately, I just don't think it's going to fly off the shelf due to the fact you have to blend or run meth for proper operation. I think a reliable street supercharger kit should run efficiently on regular pump gas... and blending or meth would just be a cherry on top if the owner so chooses.

If this kit needs E30 or meth to run, its definitely not going to work for the guys in places like California and Colorado where 91 oct is the best we can do at the pump. Just my .02

For the record... I have mad respect for RR and all the fine products they have made for this community.
I have to agree. Blew up a supercharged fox body mustang on the freeway because there was a delay in the meth coming on. Won't ever run it again.
Old 09-21-19, 02:18 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I’m seeing a lot of support for a reasonably priced intercooled model. I would jump on that wagon.
Old 09-21-19, 02:38 PM
minator
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The kit is fully upgradable to the full kit so you can add an intercooler if you want, from some of the earlier posts in this thread. The front range of Colorado and most cities in California have e85. Blending isn’t totally hassle free, especially if you’re filling up several times per week as a DD but if you want the cheapest kit it’s something that may be worth it.

Originally Posted by semnosNSX

Old 09-21-19, 06:48 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Agreed^^^In the last 2 years the availability of E85 on the Front Range has really increased. I have at least 6 stations within 15 min from me

This kit is perfect for guys (like me) with E85 so available, but I know that not all areas of the country don't have easy access like we do now.

Like Minator said above, the kit is upgradable if you want the intercooler as a add on. I'm just glad we have another cheaper option to increase power on the 2UR!

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 09-22-19 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-22-19, 05:50 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Agreed^^^In the last 2 years the availability of E85 on the Front Range has really increased. I have at least 6 stations within 15 min from me

This kit is perfect for guys (like me) with E85 so available, but I know that not all areas of the country don't have easy access like we do now.

Like Minator said above, the kit is upgradable if you want the intercooler as a add on. I'm just glad we have another cheaper option to increase power on the 2UR!
Dont get me wrong, I'm not opposed to blending or meth...i just started blending on my F not too long ago, and have been running meth on my NSX for years. My issue is on a daily driven car, changing up the type of fuel your car needs to run can make life challenging. You may have multiple stations carrying E85 within 15 minutes from your house, but what do you do if you take long road trips and need to fill up many times? Sure you can constantly Google gas stations and plan your routes accordingly, but who really wants to do that?

I also understand you can upgrade to add all the parts of the bigger kit (ie: intercooler), but if your going to do that, why not just buy the bigger kit from the start and not worry about it? I thought the whole purpose of the "smaller kit" was to provide everyone with an opportunity to have a SC on a street car at a cheaper price point? If I have to add additional items ($$$) to make it "street car friendly", that kind of defeats the purpose of a cheaper SC kit.

Quick Reply: RR Racing new “basic” supercharger kit