IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What after the isf

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-19, 01:47 PM
v8sedan
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't test drive the gsf but i want something a little more sporty/raw, i'm not sure if it fits the bill, looks heavy to drive, maybe i should try one and see 🤔
Old 08-06-19, 03:16 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

GS F works fine. Sits next to IS F and Supra. I have the bases covered, and have kid seats in both four doors.
Old 08-06-19, 04:22 PM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

The focus of the car is completely different, but I went with a Kia Stinger GT. It is truly a GT and not a track car. However, it is very spacious, comfortable, quiet, comes in AWD and will do low 12's with only a piggyback and intakes. A new base GT (3.3TT, 8-spd, and RWD) can be had for around $35k if a good deal is made.
Old 08-06-19, 06:17 PM
Hassled1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m thinking if I had the funds the CTS-V would be the sedan for me. Plenty of rear seat room 640 hp stock luxury and good looks. The fact it could be easily modded to have over 700 hp is kinda cool too lol.
Old 08-07-19, 07:03 AM
MpKSonic
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
I ended up with a ATS-V. I didn't like how big the CTS-V was and the ATS-V was perfect and its damn quick.
I first had my eyes set on an ATS-V, but there's something I find extremely special about a luxury sedan that can let out a gnarly growl of a V8 - and any exhaust on the ATS-V just leaves me feeling let down. Opening up the F with a Bazooka exhaust is inspiring. It's magical. It's not natural and it catches people off guard. It adds to the driving experience. Of all the videos I can find of the ATS-V with a non-factory exhaust, they all just sound un-athletic. And on top of that, much of the reviewers aren't too happy with the auto transmission. The no lift shift feature of the manual is pretty damn, cool, however.

I agree about the size. The ATS-V is much more comparable to the IS F in terms of size. When the time gets closer, I will have to drive both and see if the exhaust is as bad as I'm expecting.

Old 08-07-19, 10:35 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Helo58
The focus of the car is completely different, but I went with a Kia Stinger GT. It is truly a GT and not a track car. However, it is very spacious, comfortable, quiet, comes in AWD and will do low 12's with only a piggyback and intakes. A new base GT (3.3TT, 8-spd, and RWD) can be had for around $35k if a good deal is made.

Interesting.....Why did you get rid of you F? Didn't realize you had sold yours
Old 08-07-19, 10:37 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Check out the Audi Rs5 sport back or Audi Rs3 ( little smaller)
Old 08-07-19, 12:30 PM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

whats a good 11s car? 4 door GT
Old 08-07-19, 01:10 PM
rem0rse
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My next car will most likely either be RS3 Sedan or F80 M3 - however, I still find it hard to find something as reliable as the F, have also considered a CLA45
Old 08-07-19, 09:17 PM
AgentWin
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ninten5
whats a good 11s car? 4 door GT
If I have to get 4 doors and if we are leaving out electric, then e63s amg hands down lol. Excellent 0-60 and 1/4
Old 08-08-19, 12:18 AM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am currently in the process of parting my F and selling it. As for what’s next, I thought I wanted a 911 4s, but don’t think I can leave the F family. I loved my current ISF, but am in need of something slightly more updated on the interior. I am a Honda guy at heart so a new civic type r is always an option.
Old 08-08-19, 07:34 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MpKSonic
I first had my eyes set on an ATS-V, but there's something I find extremely special about a luxury sedan that can let out a gnarly growl of a V8 - and any exhaust on the ATS-V just leaves me feeling let down. Opening up the F with a Bazooka exhaust is inspiring. It's magical. It's not natural and it catches people off guard. It adds to the driving experience. Of all the videos I can find of the ATS-V with a non-factory exhaust, they all just sound un-athletic. And on top of that, much of the reviewers aren't too happy with the auto transmission. The no lift shift feature of the manual is pretty damn, cool, however.

I agree about the size. The ATS-V is much more comparable to the IS F in terms of size. When the time gets closer, I will have to drive both and see if the exhaust is as bad as I'm expecting.
I don't plan on modifying the exhaust as the stock system with the valves open sounds just fine to me. I agree though the aftermarket exhaust options are not great. There is a set of downpipes that apparently get rid of the raspy sound but I haven't confirmed that in person. The manual transmission in this car is amazing, and I have had track time with it and the auto rev match works great. I ended up with the automatic because of Atlanta traffic. I'm not young anymore so I can't deal with driving stick every day like I used to. The automatic transmission is not great but most of the time if I am in sport mode, I let the transmission do the work and it does a great job and even downshifts properly when braking hard.
The following users liked this post:
MpKSonic (08-09-19)
Old 08-09-19, 08:18 AM
MpKSonic
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
I don't plan on modifying the exhaust as the stock system with the valves open sounds just fine to me. I agree though the aftermarket exhaust options are not great. There is a set of downpipes that apparently get rid of the raspy sound but I haven't confirmed that in person. The manual transmission in this car is amazing, and I have had track time with it and the auto rev match works great. I ended up with the automatic because of Atlanta traffic. I'm not young anymore so I can't deal with driving stick every day like I used to. The automatic transmission is not great but most of the time if I am in sport mode, I let the transmission do the work and it does a great job and even downshifts properly when braking hard.
Well, it's reassuring to know that someone who has, (does?) own an ISF is happy with the performance of the ATS-V, especially the auto transmission. Most if not all of the reviews I have read and watched were not very pleased with the transmission. I know the ATS-V is faster than the F, stock vs. stock, especially where I live at 6000'+ elevation. Like I said, when the time comes, I will have to get behind the wheel of both.