IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Recall for Dash and Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-19, 09:15 AM
orangeblue
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Recall for Dash and Door Panels

Just had my door panels replaced as part of the recall, and the dash will get replaced whenever they're off backorder.
Huge improvement, as handle on driver's door was starting to crumble.
Old 08-14-19, 08:20 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 346 Likes on 218 Posts

Enjoy it while you can. I see they didn’t change anything as far as material goes. All they did was replace with the same exact door panels. So give it a few years before it does it all over again. Sad they didn’t bother making an improvement. I have both dash and panels done and my dash already has some wear marks from just putting up sun shade.
Old 08-16-19, 09:52 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Enjoy it while you can. I see they didn’t change anything as far as material goes. All they did was replace with the same exact door panels. So give it a few years before it does it all over again. Sad they didn’t bother making an improvement. I have both dash and panels done and my dash already has some wear marks from just putting up sun shade.

WOW! seriously?!

how long ago was it replaced?
Old 08-16-19, 11:02 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Everytime I touch the new panels, i can see my fingermarks in some sort of white residue.
Old 08-16-19, 11:09 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wh0pp3r
WOW! seriously?!

how long ago was it replaced?
Like 3 months ago.
Old 08-16-19, 11:11 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by F_Throttle
Everytime I touch the new panels, i can see my fingermarks in some sort of white residue.
Same here. Plus when I put my windshield shades up my dash already shows wear from where it sits. It’s unbelievable especially with feeling how soft the shade is. All they did was replace melted old panels and dash with new ones that will do the same. No difference in material or the way the panels and dash are manufactured.
Old 08-16-19, 04:07 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone know if the ceramic-like coatings would protect it and keep the marks off?
Old 08-16-19, 04:13 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Like 3 months ago.
GOD DAMMIT. it baffles me that there are some here who have never experience any issue with minimal upkeep on theirs and then you read ^. insane
Does anyone know if the ceramic-like coatings would protect it and keep the marks off?
like the kind for paint?
Old 08-16-19, 09:07 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

lol me too, and I just got it done hours ago ..
Old 08-19-19, 02:55 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

can you guys take a picture of these issues? I'm curious to see what this white residue looks like on a brand new panel. My car is on its original panels and looks perfect. I've never had any white residue showing but i keep my car garaged most of the time. I thought this issue was more common in the south, and hot and humid climates. I see some of you are in CA, which is hot, but not very humid.
Old 08-20-19, 10:07 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lawrence1
can you guys take a picture of these issues? I'm curious to see what this white residue looks like on a brand new panel. My car is on its original panels and looks perfect. I've never had any white residue showing but i keep my car garaged most of the time. I thought this issue was more common in the south, and hot and humid climates. I see some of you are in CA, which is hot, but not very humid.

i dont see any white residue at all. the dash board just becomes gummie eque, and sticky, not to mention suuuuper shiny and can hinder visibility if your driving towards the sun.
Old 08-20-19, 10:05 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

I got mine replaced last year, both dashboard and door panels. However I got the Neiman Marcus door panels which came with the white stitching. Only waited a month for all parts to come in. When I told the service advisor about the door panels, he didn't know there were two variants and might take a couple of more months to get the correct one. I told him don't worry about it, I can always get a blue marker and color over it. I hardly even notice the stitching color anyway so I just let it be.
Old 08-21-19, 03:38 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

How unfortunate. I hate it when crap isn't replace by a newer revision.
08 here that doesn't spend every day out in the sun, but has spent its share. I don't have the issues you guys mention, but you can "see and feel" the consistency changes when it's really been baking. Not any more than other cars I've had, I think.
Anyway, I've cleaned and used
Wolfgang Cockpit "Sealant" Wolfgang Cockpit "Sealant"
twice since I've owned the car - for what it's worth. I'm usually against interior chemicals, but this one doesn't leave it glossy so I tried it. I can't say it's helped or not, only hope.
The following users liked this post:
TurboGti (08-21-19)
Old 08-21-19, 03:41 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
How unfortunate. I hate it when crap isn't replace by a newer revision.
08 here that doesn't spend every day out in the sun, but has spent its share. I don't have the issues you guys mention, but you can "see and feel" the consistency changes when it's really been baking. Not any more than other cars I've had, I think.
Anyway, I've cleaned and used Wolfgang Cockpit "Sealant" twice since I've owned the car - for what it's worth. I'm usually against interior chemicals, but this one doesn't leave it glossy so I tried it. I can't say it's helped or not, only hope.
How long have you used it for? Is it scented?
Old 08-21-19, 03:48 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

How long have you used it for? Is it scented?
I purchased the car in May14 and used it July14 and just this past June.
I just ran out to the garage to double check - it does have a scent taking the top off the bottle. A bit of alcohol / shoe polish smell. I can attest that it DOES NOT leave this smell in the car however.

Quick Reply: Recall for Dash and Door Panels