Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts
Default ISF vs _________ thread

Found this video didn't know if the owner was here on CL

Old 08-28-19, 04:42 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 346 Likes on 218 Posts

If he is he needs to know a muffler delete doesn’t add power so it would be as if he listed (interior white LEDs) as a mod. The tune doesn’t do much if anything at all unless your FBO. Only mod he would pick something up from is the car delete but didn’t list it all 4 or just 2 of them. FBO/tune ISF would have won badly.
Old 08-28-19, 05:14 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
If he is he needs to know a muffler delete doesn’t add power so it would be as if he listed (interior white LEDs) as a mod. The tune doesn’t do much if anything at all unless your FBO. Only mod he would pick something up from is the car delete but didn’t list it all 4 or just 2 of them. FBO/tune ISF would have won badly.
Disagree. I felt a nice difference with the tune without headers, a larger difference than just catback, and with slightly better tires I dropped from a 12.7 at 112, to a 12.3 at 115. Only other mod was Borla. Muffler delete is less weight and removes the main clog of the catback. Also, video was kind of lame as far as clear road runs.

Last edited by LexusfanVA; 08-28-19 at 05:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ram5191 (08-28-19)
Old 08-28-19, 05:25 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Disagree. I felt a nice difference with the tune without headers, a larger difference than just catback, and with slightly better tires I dropped from a 12.7 at 112, to a 12.3 at 115. Only other mod was Borla. Muffler delete is less weight and removes the main clog of the catback. Also, video was kind of lame as far as clear road runs.
Your comparing tune with no mods vs tune with an exhaust which is a HUGE difference over stock. Main clog is the Y crush part where it splits off to the mufflers and the cats.
Old 08-28-19, 05:36 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Your comparing tune with no mods vs tune with an exhaust which is a HUGE difference over stock. Main clog is the Y crush part where it splits off to the mufflers and the cats.
Eh, there’s people stock and people with exhausts getting 12.7 or 12.6 lowest. Tune brought me down a good bit and I love it.
Old 08-28-19, 06:03 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Eh, there’s people stock and people with exhausts getting 12.7 or 12.6 lowest. Tune brought me down a good bit and I love it.
The times are relative. DA, temps, wind, etc all play a huge part in quarter mile times. I can get my FBO/tune ISF run stock times under horrible conditions. The tune absolutely makes a huge difference with RR racing’s Intake and showed at the track racing other FBO no tune ISF’s at the track.
Old 08-28-19, 06:10 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

The times are relative. DA, temps, wind, etc all play a huge part in quarter mile times. I can get my FBO/tune ISF run stock times under horrible conditions. The tune absolutely makes a huge difference with RR racing’s Intake and showed at the track racing other FBO no tune ISF’s at the track.
You seem defensive. I’m saying my car on the same track in similar conditions with slightly different mods showed a clear improvement and some of the best times possible for those combinations of mods. Funny enough RR has said their intake has less effect on power without headers, so with stock manifold a tune and catback alone is really all you need to max out. Point is muffler delete and tune may be minor, but they’re improvements nonetheless. All I’m saying.
Old 08-28-19, 06:23 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

You seem defensive. I’m saying my car on the same track in similar conditions with slightly different mods showed a clear improvement and some of the best times possible for those combinations of mods. Funny enough RR has said their intake has less effect on power without headers, so with stock manifold a tune and catback alone is really all you need to max out. Point is muffler delete and tune may be minor, but they’re improvements nonetheless. All I’m saying.
Not defensive at all it’s just the way your reading it. Exhaust and tune will absolutely be better then just a tune alone. I have no doubt you saw gains with it along with your exhaust. The oem exhaust was horrible design and very restrictive. Yes muffler delete and tune are minor on a completely stock car with just cat delete which he doesn’t list if it’s all 4 or just 2. Regardless if his was a FBO/tune he would have walked away easy.
Old 08-29-19, 07:15 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

If he were full bolt on, then he could have had a max of another 30-40 hp (that’s assuming he has stock cats in headers). That would have maybe put them around even. 30-40 hp is a big change, but it’s not night and day, and less than 10%.

Regardless, that Supra is fast.
Old 08-29-19, 09:43 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I disagree as well, especially with your last sentence. I don't see any situation where the isf wins badly unless its supercharged
The following users liked this post:
Jwconeil (08-29-19)
Old 08-30-19, 03:20 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by chrisp1
I disagree as well, especially with your last sentence. I don't see any situation where the isf wins badly unless its supercharged
You’ve clearly never seen a stock ISF run a FBO one. If you think a FBO ISF would barely beat him then you’ve never seen one, raced one or even been in one. As far as mods go I “LoL” at people who do a muffler delete while the entire exhaust is still stock piping and think they gain anything from that.
Old 08-30-19, 04:31 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

You’ve clearly never seen a stock ISF run a FBO one. If you think a FBO ISF would barely beat him then you’ve never seen one, raced one or even been in one. As far as mods go I “LoL” at people who do a muffler delete while the entire exhaust is still stock piping and think they gain anything from that.
for the record I owned a 2011 isf for 3 years and went from bone stock to intake/ppe headers/ borla exhaust/bushings etc.. my qm time went from 12.9@almost 111 to 12.5@116. I wasn't tuned because I bought my gtr before they came out with it but the supra is on par if not faster than fbo imo.
Old 08-30-19, 04:40 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by chrisp1
for the record I owned a 2011 isf for 3 years and went from bone stock to intake/ppe headers/ borla exhaust/bushings etc.. my qm time went from 12.9@almost 111 to 12.5@116. I wasn't tuned because I bought my grr before they came out with it but the supra is on par if not faster than fbo imo.
ISF wasn’t made for quarter mile racing. Only way to get a good launch is using nitrous out the hole with some slicks. We cant launch from anything else other then idle which murders our time. Could you imagine what time a FBO ISF could get from launching let’s say at 5k rpm with slicks (nothing breaking) in the quarter mile? Bet it won’t be 12’s. You have to remember for us to run 11’s the conditions have to be perfect as in zero to negative DA, LOW temps, no wind or maybe a little at our back and no humidity at all. Our cars are roll monsters that’s where we have the edge. Bet their are cars that run faster quarter mile times yet during a roll race you’ll walk all over them. I’m also comparing it to the Supra stock and stock only I’ve seen what they do with down pipes, e85 and tuned.

Last edited by ISFpowered; 08-30-19 at 04:45 PM.