IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anybody Recognize This Car? Looking to buy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-20, 05:43 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_250
rare color and looks like the interior and exterior is clean. I dont think $20k is out of the ballpark. I bought mine last year as my beater car and its nowhere near as nice, but it was under 15k and the engine and trans was solid. I wouldnt mind paying 20k if the color and condition was right
Yep, I can agree with that. Unfortunately the rear bumper needs to be repainted because of shoddy work in a previous accident. The front bumper is covered in bug/rock chips. The passenger fender is twisted out on the bottom where the bottom corner doesn't meet correctly at all to the door. It also has all the paint missing behind the headlight cutout -- a witness mark proving bad fitment. The Carfax says the second accident was at it this location. What kind of bodyshop puts a warped fender on a car and allows it out the door hitting the headlight? Either the place is terrible or the inner structure is not straight which is even worse. Also, overall the paint is neglected. It's spiderwebbed so bad that it needs a *heavy* paint correction.

That's at least $2k in repairs right there. Worse yet is what it tells about the owner.

Then there's the oil leaks, bad tire pressure sensor(s), etc. And the dealer made the mistake of posting early pictures as soon as the car came in before they had it all gussied up in that photo studio. The check engine light was on in those photos. It's not now (but may come back after a drive cycle - would have to scan it to verify), but it shows the previous owner's urgency to fix things. The interior was also pretty dirty.

I can make concessions like anyone but there's a price point.

The overall vibe here is an owner that likes to use his toys and not really care for them.

But that test drive...
The following users liked this post:
IS_250 (02-23-20)
Old 02-05-20, 06:06 AM
Dunavant
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good News is.... they're all coming down in price. I definitely like this Blue one. But Sorry to see it's Rough. I paid $17 for my branded one because it has flawless paint work. The repair shop was beyond pro and offered all the receipts and current alignment specs. Did take 18 months to find one.

Last edited by Dunavant; 02-05-20 at 06:09 AM.