Search this Thread

Old 02-27-20, 01:47 PM
amyngvyen
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this ISF worth the money?

Hello CL,

First time posting, found this car on craigslist
USB ISF 96K miles for 23K. Is that worth the price? KKB is averaging it about 21K. Not just that I live in sac so that would mean i’d have to ship it over(Houston Texas) which is another 2k?!? I need your opinions.
Old 02-27-20, 02:17 PM
topguy573
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

you need to give up more info if you are wanting an answer. What year is it? what shape is it in?
Old 02-27-20, 02:33 PM
amyngvyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by topguy573
you need to give up more info if you are wanting an answer. What year is it? what shape is it in?
LOL sorry for whatever reason I forgot to write down the color. so it’s a 2010 Blue isf 96K miles I would say in good condition didn’t leave much pics to take close looks at. 23k and another 2k for shipping the car over what do you think? thank you
Old 02-27-20, 02:59 PM
rexassian
Driver School Candidate

Depends, do you like megan coil-overs? I think they are the cheapest possible, maybe. Do you like the non-descript exhaust, did a muffler shop do the work? Seems sketch but that's more due to the lack of info in the ad. Also, it's been listed for 17 days which to me looks like locals have passed over it. I would request *LOTS* of pictures and get at least a carfax. I would especially want pictures of the exhaust work and maybe receipts. It does look clean though...
Old 02-27-20, 04:44 PM
amyngvyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rexassian
Depends, do you like megan coil-overs? I think they are the cheapest possible, maybe. Do you like the non-descript exhaust, did a muffler shop do the work? Seems sketch but that's more due to the lack of info in the ad. Also, it's been listed for 17 days which to me looks like locals have passed over it. I would request *LOTS* of pictures and get at least a carfax. I would especially want pictures of the exhaust work and maybe receipts. It does look clean though...
i would not prefer the MC. but overall would you say the car is worth 23k or should i try to negotiate it to maybe 20 or 21
Old 02-27-20, 05:16 PM
KenISF
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I personally would never buy a car without being able to inspect/test drive it or have someone else inspect it for me.
Old 02-27-20, 05:36 PM
amyngvyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KenISF
I personally would never buy a car without being able to inspect/test drive it or have someone else inspect it for me.
honestly now that im looking at it, i dont think i would pay anything more than 21K but thank you for everyone help
Old 02-27-20, 06:00 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by KenISF
Bought my '12 F in '15 in Michigan (Im in NC....12 hrs away). I wanted low miles (25k or less) and white with red interior. Took 1.5 years to find that.....I negotiated, put down a down payment, went and bought it site unseen. Been happy every since.
Moral of the story, with these cars, sometimes you don't have time to test drive, inspect, etc. They are rare (especially the '12, '13's and '14's) and they'll likely be gone before you get around to inspecting.

V.
The following users liked this post:
Jwconeil (02-28-20)
Old 02-27-20, 07:14 PM
KenISF
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Bought my '12 F in '15 in Michigan (Im in NC....12 hrs away). I wanted low miles (25k or less) and white with red interior. Took 1.5 years to find that.....I negotiated, put down a down payment, went and bought it site unseen. Been happy every since.
Moral of the story, with these cars, sometimes you don't have time to test drive, inspect, etc. They are rare (especially the '12, '13's and '14's) and they'll likely be gone before you get around to inspecting.

V.
The car the op posted is nothing like your through. Higher miles, modded, and on Craiglist for a while.
I went through years and several attempts before getting mine. For me it's not worth the risks buying unseen.
To each their own through.
Old 02-28-20, 06:53 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I worked out a deal and got financed, but still flew to see it before purchase and drove mine home about 1200 miles. I’m old school and want to drive a car before purchasing. I bought mine from a former member, and the whole process was awesome and flaw less.
Old 02-28-20, 07:57 AM
topguy573
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i do not think that is a bad price for a 10. But not being able to see it in person or not knowing the service history, i personally would probably pass. I stumbled into the first F i ever owned. Drove it for 2 years and then came across the 13 that i currently have. These cars are very reliable as long as they are taken care of.
Old 02-28-20, 10:44 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Def would NEVER buy a used car sight unseen. I drove from CO to Nebraska to a Lexus dealer. I requested as many pictures of any damage prior to driving out there. Told him nothing was too small only to find out the shady *** dealer didn't tell me about a huge 1 ft scratch in the door that they didn't send me a picture of, no pics of the shady paint on front bumper etc. He tried telling me the car was in great shape for a used car of that mileage even though my s2k with 200k more miles was in far better condition... ya right. Ended up wasting 16 hours driving back and forth for nothing. I looked at a half dozen F's before I got the one I have now. I refused to settle for a car I know I wouldn't be happy with.
Old 02-28-20, 11:44 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

continues searching get the mileages lowest possible and enjoy every moment of it its worth every pennies , especially after header and exhaust up grade to aftermarket.
Old 02-28-20, 07:58 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

that USB on Alpine interior is quite rare, if that's important to you. If you're looking to pay bottom dollar, you're not going to find it in that color combination. Any decent USB, White or Nebula IS-F will bring a premium, especially when the interior is something other than black, unless you get extremely lucky. Not only are they hard to find, but they also sell fast if priced anywhere near reality.
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (03-03-20)
Old 02-29-20, 05:17 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

Just last summer I sold a silver 08 with 100k for $23k. Two years newer and rarer color combo should cost more, especially from a dealer. Get a PPI or someone unbiased to look at it and then go buy it. Houston to CA isn’t even a bad trip, just take a few extra days and go see the Grand Canyon or Vegas. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Is this ISF worth the money?