IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Pacific Northwest Headers Installer

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-20, 09:23 PM
James7
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey, congrats on the new parts. I had thought the O2 sim would prevent those codes on these newer batches of headers ?
Old 04-23-20, 09:40 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Agreed, I wired in my o2 sims and haven’t had an issue since.

Opting for a tune with o2 eliminator would be ideal though. Although not like it’s impossible cut out the sim and wire it back to stock.
Old 04-24-20, 01:35 PM
Rainheart
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Good call out. Since they installed RR Racing o2 sim and my suspicion is that it hasn't been correctly adjusted. Still not sure what's causing the rubbing noise when turning left.

I'm going back in today and hopefully get both issues taken care of.
The following users liked this post:
James7 (04-24-20)
Old 04-25-20, 02:08 PM
Rainheart
Driver

Update on 4/24.

Brought it back in and got the rubbing noise eliminated when turning left. It's exactly what caymandive posted in this thread (Post # 10) - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ttle-club.html
The left exhaust pipes were too close to that bracket, while the right side had plenty of clearance. I ended up just notching that bracket so it gives more clearance for the pipe. Didn't notch both.

As for the CEL, I made the assumption that the O2 sim was installed; that was incorrect. Not only was the O2 not installed, I wasn't even supplied with one! I emailed PPE and according to Paul, RR-Racing was supposed to provide me with one (since I bought the headers from RR Racing). Haven't emailed Rafi/Simon on this one yet, but seeing O2 sim wasn't even provided, I may just opt for the RR racing tune. Anyone have any thoughts on going RR racing tune route?
Old 04-27-20, 02:02 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 208 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainheart
Update on 4/24.

Brought it back in and got the rubbing noise eliminated when turning left. It's exactly what caymandive posted in this thread (Post # 10) - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ttle-club.html
The left exhaust pipes were too close to that bracket, while the right side had plenty of clearance. I ended up just notching that bracket so it gives more clearance for the pipe. Didn't notch both.

As for the CEL, I made the assumption that the O2 sim was installed; that was incorrect. Not only was the O2 not installed, I wasn't even supplied with one! I emailed PPE and according to Paul, RR-Racing was supposed to provide me with one (since I bought the headers from RR Racing). Haven't emailed Rafi/Simon on this one yet, but seeing O2 sim wasn't even provided, I may just opt for the RR racing tune. Anyone have any thoughts on going RR racing tune route?
Plenty of reviews about the RR tune: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...e-finally.html
If you're in a pinch and need an o2 sim right away, I might have some brand new ones (Renton) you can use and send me the new one once you get it. Its been a while since I installed my headers and installed the tune.
Old 04-27-20, 04:53 PM
Rainheart
Driver

Originally Posted by msgs350
Plenty of reviews about the RR tune: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...e-finally.html
If you're in a pinch and need an o2 sim right away, I might have some brand new ones (Renton) you can use and send me the new one once you get it. Its been a while since I installed my headers and installed the tune.
Thanks for offering! Really appreciate. I decided to go the RR-Racing tune route. I already have headers, intake, and exhaust installed, might as well take it all the way and get the tune too. Emailed Simon @ RR-Racing and got that process started. Will let everyone know on the progress.

Last edited by Rainheart; 04-27-20 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-27-20, 08:07 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 208 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainheart
Thanks for offering! Really appreciate. I decided to go the RR-Racing tune route. I already have headers, intake, and exhaust installed, might as well take it all the way and get the tune too. Emailed Simon @ RR-Racing and got that process started. Will let everyone on the progress.
do you have the “tuned” intake from RR ?
Old 05-03-20, 03:34 PM
Rainheart
Driver

Originally Posted by msgs350
do you have the “tuned” intake from RR ?
Nope. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for less hp

In other news, quick update. Got the tune from RR-Racing on Friday (5/1) and installed it same day. After the tune, drove it for a total of about 180 miles and no CEL so far!(knock on wood). Out of curiosity, plugged in an OBDII reader, and it still had the code, but it's not 'matured' yet. My guess is probably this will clear itself out with after a few drive cycle.

I think I'm finally done throwing money at the car....
Old 05-27-20, 05:23 PM
YoungPNW
Pit Crew

Received 106 Likes on 38 Posts

I finally had my PPE headers installed at Stage Auto in Kirkland WA and they did a fantastic job.

Install was cost friendly and they were able to save my upstream sensors. Labor will be about 8-10 hours based on if sensors will need to be replaced.

Highly recommended...be sure to ask for Chris!