IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Best Recomendation For Brake Pads? I don't go to the track but want good balance

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-20, 11:24 AM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

i have oem up front and they're ok, running Mu NS in the rear. They feel great but after a few thousands miles they screech like a dying animal. Might try to bed them in again or switch to maybe EBC.
Old 06-10-20, 12:00 PM
NMatejik
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AlOtaBblGm
I ended up going Brembo all around. Perfect OEM feel. $679 out the door from BMAParts.com. Except that dude on the box gives me the creeps.

You state OEM feel? I am not sure how this is accomplished with a ceramic pad. The ISF comes with a metal composite brake pad that gives it the characteristic hard bite. Since you usually can not get this type of stopping power from a ceramic pad, I avoided these. Glad to hear they worked out well for you.
Old 06-11-20, 07:50 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by steeven001
​​​​How's the dust with these pads?
O.E.M pads are very dusty like all metallic pads. Metaliic pads tend to have Great initial bite generally great stopping power but at cost of very dusty pads.

So wants important to you? having really great stopping power but dusty as hell or less stopping power but way down on the dust.

Do you track you car or are you very aggressive driver. Are you bit more of layed back driver.

FYI I've tried both ceramic and metallic pads. From different companies.
Old 05-15-22, 04:09 PM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroWill
I’m a Lexus tech. You are 100% correct about Textar being the OE manufacturer. Project Mu is also great, but expensive. APP, whose US distributor is RHDJapan, is the actual manufacturer of many of Project Mu’s pads and big brake kits. Full disclosure, I am sponsored by APP, but have not installed my big brake kits yet, so I cannot comment on the dust level.

I highly recommend Endless SSY compound. Not too expensive, silent, and have good bite.

I had a completely different experience than the OP with EBC Yellow Stuff. They are the dustiest, noisiest pads I have ever used. They may say they are street/track, but the are really track pads. They are so noisy my 6 year old told me that my brakes were embarrassing him because they made so much noise.
Will
I put EBC yellow stuff in my 2018 F-sport and it completely did away with the obnoxious brake squeal that was referenced in L-SB-0034-18. Even after I took out the inside (shorter) of the two shims...

The bite was night and day.

Just got done swapping them out for the OEM ones that I originally took off (stashed in my garage collecting dust on the shelf), as I wore the EBC down to literally nothing and the brake wear indicator was squealing like a pig.

I have a road trip coming up and there's a little life left in my rotors, so I figured I'd put the old pads on for now. I calculate that probably the remaining life on my reinstalled OEM pads and rotors will expire simultaneously in time for me to upgrade both.

Last edited by nitroracer; 05-15-22 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-15-22, 11:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,435 Posts

All the '08s came with Jurid pads, not Textar. It's stamped into the metal backing plate.