IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Review: 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor & Trunk Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-20, 11:07 PM
ChpEng
Intermediate

Received 275 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Review: 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor & Trunk Mats

I have experienced a few too many "Weathertech wipeouts" in the past...their upward-facing surface gets slippery when wet, and the bottom surface only has hooks on the driver's side to hold them in place. My workaround for the former is to carry a rag/towel in rainy weather to dry my shoes before driving; for the second it is to use Duo-lock tape strips on the bottom surface to "grab" the carpet beneath in strategic locations.

I had never heard of 3D Maxpider before the previous owner mentioned them. These mats are textured nicely on the top surface and have a fabric "hook" pile on the bottom to latch onto the carpet beneath (think Velcro). They fit the car well, and the trunk mat spans the entire width, not just the center section. They are thinner than and probably not as durable as the Weathertech mats, but I am really liking them so far.

Highly recommended.

Driver's floor mat.

Left rear floor mat.

Passenger side front floor mat.

Trunk/cargo area mat.
The following users liked this post:
Positron (04-27-20)
Old 04-27-20, 12:16 AM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

I have them as well, they are quite durable, and waterproof. I put them in just in time for a cross country drive, and they worked very well through the rain, wet and mud. I did not know they had a trunk mat, I'll have to look into that.
Old 04-27-20, 03:15 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Another 3D Maxpider here for the F. They are very good for the money and I like the design more than the Weathertech ones. Thought they do feel cheap and flimsy but very durable at the same time if that makes any sense? I like them a lot and have no regrets buying them. Very easy to clean too and have hook and loop backing so they stay put to the floor.
Old 04-27-20, 06:50 AM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I also have them installed and really like them. As mentioned before, they're much better than the WeatherTechs IMHO.
Old 04-27-20, 08:07 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Lot of people love these for the Tesla's. Been considering getting some for my Model S but with as little traffic as my F get's I'll prob keep those factory. Good to see more options though than just OEM or the Weathertechs.
Old 04-27-20, 09:24 AM
cadmiumred
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

These came with my car when I bought it but they were super slippery for me so I took them out immediately. Surprised to see people like them - maybe mine were just greasy from the dealer shining them up? I should clean them and try again.
Old 04-29-20, 09:30 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by cadmiumred
These came with my car when I bought it but they were super slippery for me so I took them out immediately. Surprised to see people like them - maybe mine were just greasy from the dealer shining them up? I should clean them and try again.
I bought my car with weather techs in it. Previous owner shined them before I bought it, and my feet slid around on them for months until the shine wore off.
Old 04-29-20, 01:08 PM
duttymon
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We Canadians have a similar company here. I prefer these thinner style mats over the bulky weather techs.

https://www.findway.ca/f518-3d-car-floor-liners
Old 04-29-20, 08:20 PM
KenISF
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by duttymon
We Canadians have a similar company here. I prefer these thinner style mats over the bulky weather techs.

https://www.findway.ca/f518-3d-car-floor-liners
I bought a set of those Findway for my parents' suv and they started falling apart in a few years.
Better sticking with Weathertechs or the Maxpider they last the life of the vehicle.
I'm personally using Weathertechs in my ISF. I used most of the brands on the market and feel the Weathertechs is a little better in quality.