IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Obd2 codes P1363 and P1365

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-23, 02:28 PM
Drakbar
9th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, javrabbit. Any updates regarding the p1363 code? did you solve your issue?

I'm having similar issues with my 2016 GSF. The Cam motor and ECU have been replaced but the code keeps coming up after a while.
Old 04-02-23, 07:47 PM
javrabbit
Pit Crew

Received 95 Likes on 49 Posts

I ended up selling the car and my lexus tech bought it. At the time, I started getting a code about cat inefficiency on the same bank as the cam motor code. They would always pop up together. Funny enough my tech said all he did was fix a big exhaust leak and change the serpentine belt and he hasnt received the code again since he bought it in January.(i used to get the code daily)

The GSF i know was able to bend the wires that connect to the cam motor and zip tie it so it doesnt move. That seems to have worked for him.

Two completely different fixes that seemed to work. Hopefully one or the other works for you.
The following users liked this post:
Drakbar (04-02-23)
Old 04-02-23, 11:13 PM
Drakbar
9th Gear

Originally Posted by javrabbit
I ended up selling the car and my lexus tech bought it. At the time, I started getting a code about cat inefficiency on the same bank as the cam motor code. They would always pop up together. Funny enough my tech said all he did was fix a big exhaust leak and change the serpentine belt and he hasnt received the code again since he bought it in January.(i used to get the code daily)

The GSF i know was able to bend the wires that connect to the cam motor and zip tie it so it doesnt move. That seems to have worked for him.

Two completely different fixes that seemed to work. Hopefully one or the other works for you.
Thank you for your kind update. Will definitely check upon these with the dealer today. I hope it is that simple.
javrabbit (04-03-23)
Old 04-22-24, 02:20 PM
lalahazel
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sent docs. Hope it helps.
P1365 popped up on my 08 ISF yesterday. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there about this issue. Do you still have docs that could help?
Thanks!
Drakbar (04-22-24)
Old 04-22-24, 04:04 PM
Drakbar
9th Gear

Originally Posted by lalahazel
P1365 popped up on my 08 ISF yesterday. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there about this issue. Do you still have docs that could help?
Thanks!
check my post here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post11498638
Old 04-23-24, 10:49 AM
lalahazel
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you!
CEL and "Check VSC" lights went off yesterday. On an ISF Facebook group I'm in, two other owners have had that code intermittently for awhile. Wonder why it would clear itself then show back up.
Old 04-23-24, 04:27 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

P1365 relates to bank 2, which is the passenger's side on LHD models. It specifically says there is a problem with the white with red strip or the black with blue stripe wires which just happen to be the wires at either end of the connector. The connector for this actuator is directly behind the airbox, and might have been damaged while installing a new air filter. I had to replace the MAF connector body on my car because it got damaged during a filter change. The other possibility is the actuator is dying internally. You get a whole host of codes when the motor bearings die, and there's a sticky on that problem with a video showing the spin test.

Most importantly, you should be looking at the connector (small one shown in the GS F thread) for damage. The big one with two wires is power, the small one is all the control functions. For whatever reason, they decided to make those connections separate, and I can tell you from experience, the connector bodies get brittle with age and mileage. I've had to replace both of the power connectors on my car because they broke the locking tab when I removed them. Factory is black. Replacement is gray. I've not had the small one break on my car, but just about everything else on the front of the engine has a new connector on it from heat and age, and breaking when I removed them for various maintenance activities.

Here's what you need to know about the small connector, and this includes the part number for a new pin with 500mm of wire already attached.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 04-23-24 at 04:37 PM.