Looking for some parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-20, 07:04 PM
supaguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for some parts

Hello all and good day!

I have a 2008 ISF and I am looking for a splash shield (51410-53081) and the hood insulation (53341-53050). I tried ordering the parts online, but the shipping cost almost as much as the part itself. If anyone knows where I can get them cheaper or maybe with discounted shipping, it would be greatly appreciated!

If this is not allowed here, please let me know! Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-18-20, 01:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Online sellers have wildly varying shipping rates. Most often you need to call them or email them and explain the situation to get actual cost shipping or just find an online retailer who has a reasonable shipping price already.

I had the same problem with the engine splash shield on my Supra. Most sites had shipping that cost way more than the piece. I was ready to just suck it up and order it at the local Toyota dealer, then I found an online retailer (toyotapartsoverstock.com) willing to ship for $20. I bought from them.
Old 05-18-20, 01:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

While not super heavy, I bet that hood insulation comes in a pretty sizable box which likely drives up the shipping cost. You might try calling your local dealer's parts desk to see if they can get closer to the online price.
The following users liked this post:
flowrider (05-18-20)
Old 05-18-20, 04:16 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

^^^^This

Lou
Old 05-18-20, 09:27 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

You have a few dealerships in NV, that should be able to match online pricing... Just need to ask.

Bulky items are usually easier to order and pick up locally..

You'll need a dozen of these too... They break on removal, from what I recall.

12 - Clips (For Hood Insulator) Replaced By 90467-A0003

Joe Z

Old 05-19-20, 04:03 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
You have a few dealerships in NV, that should be able to match online pricing... Just need to ask.

Bulky items are usually easier to order and pick up locally..

You'll need a dozen of these too... They break on removal, from what I recall.

12 - Clips (For Hood Insulator) Replaced By 90467-A0003

Joe Z

^^^^^^^This right here. It was like they were meant to break on the way out so you would have to buy more later. I understand it comes from being over 10 years old and being treated to plenty of heat, making the plastic dry and brittle, but damn lol.
Old 05-19-20, 04:59 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikeboi09
^^^^^^^This right here. It was like they were meant to break on the way out so you would have to buy more later. I understand it comes from being over 10 years old and being treated to plenty of heat, making the plastic dry and brittle, but damn lol.
Might as well buy the bulb eBay ones if he tends to pop them on and off. Happened to me a few times and ended up buying like a 50 pack for cheap. They are not as good as the OEM ones but they do work and saved me a lot of money because I'm always constantly removing the engine bay covers and diversion panel. Always swapping out bulbs or trying to reach for something that's in the way.
Old 05-19-20, 07:29 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
Might as well buy the bulb eBay ones if he tends to pop them on and off. Happened to me a few times and ended up buying like a 50 pack for cheap. They are not as good as the OEM ones but they do work and saved me a lot of money because I'm always constantly removing the engine bay covers and diversion panel. Always swapping out bulbs or trying to reach for something that's in the way.
There is no reason to pop them on or off unless you are swapping the hood insulator on the underside of hood.

In 12 years I have removed it once, to gain access for some very skilled PDR on our oem Aluminum Hood.

Joe Z
Old 05-19-20, 07:53 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by supaguy
Hello all and good day!

I have a 2008 ISF and I am looking for a splash shield (51410-53081) and the hood insulation (53341-53050). I tried ordering the parts online, but the shipping cost almost as much as the part itself. If anyone knows where I can get them cheaper or maybe with discounted shipping, it would be greatly appreciated!

If this is not allowed here, please let me know! Thanks in advance!!
Just checked Keyes Lexus online. $21 shipping to my Atlanta zip code.

Lexus Parts Now - $9.38 shipping to my zip code.

Just need to shop a little...
The following users liked this post:
vertex16 (05-19-20)
Old 05-19-20, 01:40 PM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
There is no reason to pop them on or off unless you are swapping the hood insulator on the underside of hood.

In 12 years I have removed it once, to gain access for some very skilled PDR on our oem Aluminum Hood.

Joe Z
Ah, I misread that. I thought he was talking about the bay panels clips. Yes, you'd rarely have to take the hood insulator ones off.
Old 05-20-20, 04:12 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
I have only removed the hood insulation once to get the windshield washer lines out of the oem hood since I was installing the seibon carbon hood. Ended up breaking like 90% of them and they were flying everywhere like missiles, sooooo there's probably some still in the engine bay somewhere.
Old 05-21-20, 05:45 PM
supaguy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for all the input. I tried shopping online already. So far from what I can see, the shipping cost is almost $300. Just the splash shield from the dealership was over $400. The shipping cost is more than the item itself. I just can’t justify buying it when it’s that high. I’ve looked at a few websites already but dunno where I can get it with lower shipping costs.
Old 05-21-20, 05:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by supaguy
Thanks guys for all the input. I tried shopping online already. So far from what I can see, the shipping cost is almost $300. Just the splash shield from the dealership was over $400. The shipping cost is more than the item itself. I just can’t justify buying it when it’s that high. I’ve looked at a few websites already but dunno where I can get it with lower shipping costs.
Did you try the https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/ site lobuxracer mentions above?

I used your NV zipcode that's on your profile and just picked a random address in it, shipping was also $9.63 (I just did the hood insulation, not both items).

EDIT, I guess it's shipping that splash shield that does it. I went and added it and shipping went up to $251.97 I'm going to try it on it's own..yep, that's it. It looks like that part is likely too big to be sent normal carrier because it says FREIGHT beside it.

Did you ask your local dealer to match (or get closer to) the online prices?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-21-20 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-21-20, 06:23 PM
supaguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Did you try the https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/ site lobuxracer mentions above?

I used your NV zipcode that's on your profile and just picked a random address in it, shipping was also $9.63 (I just did the hood insulation, not both items).

EDIT, I guess it's shipping that splash shield that does it. I went and added it and shipping went up to $251.97 I'm going to try it on it's own..yep, that's it. It looks like that part is likely too big to be sent normal carrier because it says FREIGHT beside it.

Did you ask your local dealer to match (or get closer to) the online prices?

I just texted the parts guy at the dealership. Hopefully I can get ahold of him