IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ultrasonic Blue or Pearl White

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-20, 07:23 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

While a USB ISF is nice and probably the best advertised/reviewed example of ISF, the white on red or any color with red inteiror will catch the higher premium based on rarity, in my opinion. Just from my experience of meeting a good majority of ISF owners within 3 hours of DC, I would guess blue is the most common as it was one of the most sought after. The next would be silver, gray, black, white and then red. The 12+ Nebula gray is rarest I believe. Of the ~32 local members over the last 3 years I’ve met in person, only 3, my white, a Nebula ISF, and a Matador red have had red interior. Honestly I think my buddy with a red on red 12 may have the rarest combination as I have not seen anybody else with the same color combo. He’s the original owner too.

Also, having owned a silver and now white F, and with black cars before I would say that white is harder to keep clean than silver, and black is hardest. Funny enough I have always wanted a white on red ISF and jumped on my 12 last summer, but now I miss how great the Lexus silver looked. It showed the body lines the best IMO and with different lighting had different looks.
Old 05-29-20, 08:44 AM
KidAYo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
While a USB ISF is nice and probably the best advertised/reviewed example of ISF, the white on red or any color with red inteiror will catch the higher premium based on rarity, in my opinion. Just from my experience of meeting a good majority of ISF owners within 3 hours of DC, I would guess blue is the most common as it was one of the most sought after. The next would be silver, gray, black, white and then red. The 12+ Nebula gray is rarest I believe. Of the ~32 local members over the last 3 years I’ve met in person, only 3, my white, a Nebula ISF, and a Matador red have had red interior. Honestly I think my buddy with a red on red 12 may have the rarest combination as I have not seen anybody else with the same color combo. He’s the original owner too.

Also, having owned a silver and now white F, and with black cars before I would say that white is harder to keep clean than silver, and black is hardest. Funny enough I have always wanted a white on red ISF and jumped on my 12 last summer, but now I miss how great the Lexus silver looked. It showed the body lines the best IMO and with different lighting had different looks.
I agree with you about the silver. I usually dislike it on other cars, but silver on ISFs looks just right (but USB is still #1 in my eyes).

People always tell me how my USB is the rarest, but NGP and MRM are actually the rarest, in my opinion. That being said, keep in mind that these two colours are probably rare because barely anyone wanted them in the first place lol.
Old 05-29-20, 10:53 AM
AlOtaBblGm
Pole Position

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by NSX7
If you have to choose one of those two colors in a 2011+ IS F, Pearl White on red or Ultrasonic Blue on Black with the Alcantara inserts, and considering resale and/or future values (if these actually go up in value) - similar miles and condition

Which one would you choose?
Pffft. EASY! Silver. :-)
Old 05-29-20, 06:34 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I have white on red but my first choice was USB. Couldn’t find one so went with the white instead. Can’t say that i regret it but if i had the choice I would’ve picked a USB car hands down. If you can find a USB with the alpine interior, that would be my top pick. Good luck finding one though.
Old 05-31-20, 04:56 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

Narrowed my choices down to white or blue as well. A blue 2014 showed up but was astronomically priced (for me at least) and someone scooped it up fairly quickly. When I found the white, I ended up flying out to buyout the remainder of the lease.I wanted the alcantara interior, but was pleasantly surprised when I arrived that 2014's only had the leather. Admittedly if the blue and the white were the same price I would have picked up the blue, but as the grass is always greener on the other side, I will say keeping the car clean is a lot easier with a white car.
Old 05-31-20, 07:09 PM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 235 Likes on 115 Posts

Love my pearl white

The following users liked this post:
Tora (06-02-20)
Old 06-01-20, 08:54 AM
NSX7
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it seems like it's a divided opinion between the blue and white - some prefer the blue and some prefer the white
Old 06-01-20, 10:49 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,435 Posts

I bought the color my wife liked. I don't care what color the car is with one caveat. Never again a black car. Looks awesome when it's freshly cleaned. 10 minutes later it's showing every spec of dirt, every gram of pollen, every spot where some water off the road dried...never again.
Old 06-01-20, 12:46 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

Buy the one you like. Personally I can’t stand white interiors, all of the ISF ones I’ve seen have been awful and every 6 months there seems to be a person on the FB ISF pages trying to refinish or swap them to black/red. Blue is gorgeous, white is gorgeous.

Most people spend months or even years looking for the right color to pop up but it looks like you are lucky because you like two, so just buy the best kept one you like. Also to help here is mine and a few shots of my buddies to help.

The following users liked this post:
Tora (06-02-20)
Old 06-02-20, 08:29 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by LILEVO
Love my pearl white

Off topic, but nice garage space. Why is the ceiling dropped lower than the door rails? That’s a first for me.
Old 06-02-20, 08:30 AM
LILEVO
Advanced

Received 235 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Off topic, but nice garage space. Why is the ceiling dropped lower than the door rails? That’s a first for me.
No idea, that's my detailers place.
Old 06-03-20, 02:21 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

USB and Starfire Pearl my two fav colors. I had 2008 SFP IS350 loved that color and found if easier to maintain then my 2011 USB ISF.

Old 06-03-20, 07:47 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

i am a big fan of the USB - but my heart was set on the pearl..

​​​​​​
Old 06-03-20, 08:16 AM
NMatejik
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go with the white. The blue color seems to go in and out of style every 5 years. The white will stay classy and have the broadest market if you ever went to sell it. Plus its more of a sleeper look which I like.
Old 06-03-20, 03:55 PM
NSX7
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NMatejik
I would go with the white. The blue color seems to go in and out of style every 5 years. The white will stay classy and have the broadest market if you ever went to sell it. Plus its more of a sleeper look which I like.
The white is indeed classy - but not sure about the blue going out of style