IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ultrasonic Blue or Pearl White

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-20, 04:31 PM
NSX7
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ultrasonic Blue or Pearl White

If you have to choose one of those two colors in a 2011+ IS F, Pearl White on red or Ultrasonic Blue on Black with the Alcantara inserts, and considering resale and/or future values (if these actually go up in value) - similar miles and condition

Which one would you choose?
Old 05-27-20, 04:48 PM
Toprawman
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 42 Posts

White with the red guts. ISF with Red Interior is very rare.

Last edited by Toprawman; 05-27-20 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-27-20, 05:01 PM
NCRider
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the white, but I love the blue.....all preference I guess.
Old 05-28-20, 04:08 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Either one with the Red interior, if you can find it. Otherwise the USB is a great color. White is hard to maintain.
Old 05-28-20, 06:53 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikeboi09
Either one with the Red interior, if you can find it. Otherwise the USB is a great color. White is hard to maintain.
Why do you say that? I have owned multiple white cars. I love how they look, and find white to be the easiest color to maintain. Micro scratches in the paint are almost imperceptible to the human eye due to the lighter color (silver has a similar effect). You can run a white car through an auto wash and not see paint damage. White generally also shows dirt less for the same reason, and it looks wonderful.

My professional detailer recommends white and silver for people who want to auto wash or are OCD about their paint.

I believe white is the easiest color to maintain.
Old 05-28-20, 07:06 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Why do you say that? I have owned multiple white cars. I love how they look, and find white to be the easiest color to maintain. Micro scratches in the paint are almost imperceptible to the human eye due to the lighter color (silver has a similar effect). You can run a white car through an auto wash and not see paint damage. White generally also shows dirt less for the same reason, and it looks wonderful.

My professional detailer recommends white and silver for people who want to auto wash or are OCD about their paint.

I believe white is the easiest color to maintain.
I had a white Isuzu Rodeo Sport for a few years and it would show dirt, bugs, slight imperfections far easier than what my black ISF does. The front of my ISF looks fantastic from 6 feet away, but you get right up to the front bumper and see 100 dead bugs and rock chips. So from having both colors, I would prefer a darker color like the USB.
Old 05-28-20, 09:49 AM
KidAYo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USB's never came with the option to have red interiors equipped from factory.
Old 05-28-20, 10:22 AM
Jwconeil

I had a white Isuzu Rodeo Sport for a few years and it would show dirt, bugs, slight imperfections far easier than what my black ISF does. The front of my ISF looks fantastic from 6 feet away, but you get right up to the front bumper and see 100 dead bugs and rock chips. So from having both colors, I would prefer a darker color like the USB.
Black is notoriously known as the hardest color to maintain, so I’m surprised to read this. A black car will look dirty hours from washing it.
Old 05-28-20, 11:22 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by KidAYo
USB's never came with the option to have red interiors equipped from factory.
Never heard that before, although I can't recall ever seeing that combination either. So you might be right.
Old 05-28-20, 11:24 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Black is notoriously known as the hardest color to maintain, so I’m surprised to read this. A black car will look dirty hours from washing it.
Just my personal experience. Perception might be different on my end. I have always felt darker colors hide dirtiness where lighter colors amplify it.
Old 05-28-20, 11:40 AM
Jwconeil

Just my personal experience. Perception might be different on my end. I have always felt darker colors hide dirtiness where lighter colors amplify it.
A very clean black car is a very beautiful thing. I’ve gotten to lazy as I age for them. I’m also a bit OCD, which probably adds to my perception.
The following users liked this post:
NMatejik (06-03-20)
Old 05-28-20, 11:55 AM
KidAYo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard that before, although I can't recall ever seeing that combination either. So you might be right.
This link will provide clarification: http://media.lexus.ca/internal_redir...IS_-_Specs.pdf

Some people have done the red RCF/GSF seat conversions into their USBs. I think there may have been someone who swapped full front and rear interiors to red once upon a time too.
Old 05-28-20, 04:00 PM
NSX7
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So any guesses which color will be more sought after in the future?
Old 05-29-20, 04:20 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by KidAYo
This link will provide clarification: http://media.lexus.ca/internal_redir...IS_-_Specs.pdf

Some people have done the red RCF/GSF seat conversions into their USBs. I think there may have been someone who swapped full front and rear interiors to red once upon a time too.
I have the sales brochure for the 2008, and it looks slightly different than this. Based on the wheels this must be the 2010+ brochure. However, I will print this out and add it to my collection. Thank you.
Old 05-29-20, 04:26 AM
Nikeboi09
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NSX7
So any guesses which color will be more sought after in the future?
I say Grey/Silver with Red interior lol.

Quick Reply: Ultrasonic Blue or Pearl White