IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joe Z quad tip exhaust restock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-20, 08:35 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

These videos should give you an idea of how much effort is needed to get to the o2 sensor connector under the carpet:

Old 06-30-20, 01:56 PM
Zarrex
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Question for all my JoeZ quad tip friends out there: I got the exhaust installed about a week and a half ago and I'm loving it so far. Only issue is that when I go over bumps, I can hear the exhuast make a thunk on the drivers side. It could be happening on the passenger side as well, but I may just not be able to hear it. My guess is that it's either the tips hitting the bumper, or the tips hitting the mount where the stock tops bolt to the bumper. Anyone else experienced this? Did you solve it somehow?
Old 06-30-20, 02:11 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Zarrex
Question for all my JoeZ quad tip friends out there: I got the exhaust installed about a week and a half ago and I'm loving it so far. Only issue is that when I go over bumps, I can hear the exhuast make a thunk on the drivers side. It could be happening on the passenger side as well, but I may just not be able to hear it. My guess is that it's either the tips hitting the bumper, or the tips hitting the mount where the stock tops bolt to the bumper. Anyone else experienced this? Did you solve it somehow?
how are the exhaust bushings for the hangars?
Old 06-30-20, 03:29 PM
Zarrex
Rookie

https://imgur.com/a/rQDlMkX

Here's 3 pictures. One of the mount that I assume is making the noise, and then a picture of both hangers. This is on the driver's side
Old 07-01-20, 03:12 PM
Zarrex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Zarrex
https://imgur.com/a/rQDlMkX

Here's 3 pictures. One of the mount that I assume is making the noise, and then a picture of both hangers. This is on the driver's side
Didn't realize this little mount was just a plastic piece. Anyway, found out what I think is actually making the sound now. Not sure what part this is, but I'm almost positive it bumps this on the drivers side, has much more clearance on passenger side. My limited knowledge has me guessing that it's part of the subframe bushing mount?

Last edited by Zarrex; 07-01-20 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-01-20, 04:40 PM
V8LEXI
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ahnajjar
Why not just buy some generic exhaust tips and have them welded onto the joez mufflers? I got some ebay generic titanium quad tips and get lots of compliments on them all the time and i like the fact that exhaust is actually flowing out of them! I havent seen the joez tips youre talking about, any pics of them?
That's what I did, wouldn't recommend it because it was real tough getting the angle and length right (still didn't come out 100% right in the end) but it was good enough for me. I'm also running a varex exhaust system for the sake of not having drone issues after I put in PPE headers hopefully soon. Here's a pic for reference. I purposely left the tips a little longer out the back to have a more aggressive look after I put on my rear diffuser.

The following users liked this post:
MileHIFcar (07-01-20)