IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Compiled Coilover Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-20, 09:19 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
When I installed them back in the day there were not many options available for the car and with the BC's weighing less than the stock suspension I took the plunge as I was hitting the drag strip aiming for 11's. As for performance they were improved over stock for sure, but never experienced anything else to compare against. I've only got about 30k in the BC's as the car doesn't get driven too much. I have less than 3k on it over the past 2 years and just hit 60k a few weeks ago, but I do know the BC's are already aged and I look forward to trying something else even at the expense of some weight going back on the car as these Road and Track Coilovers weigh more than the BC's and are equivalent to the stock suspension. Not really planning to hit the strip or track anytime soon so these "budget friendly" coilovers look like a nice match for my needs even if I do end up jumping on the track once or twice in the next few years.
I guess that's true and forgot that there wasn't that many options available 9 years ago. Also I didn't realize the BC coil overs were that much lighter than the stock suspension. Have you ever hit high 11s in the quarter after your initial runs that you have posted in your sig?
Old 09-25-20, 09:25 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I guess that's true and forgot that there wasn't that many options available 9 years ago. Also I didn't realize the BC coil overs were that much lighter than the stock suspension. Have you ever hit high 11s in the quarter after your initial runs that you have posted in your sig?
Haven't been back to the track since I hit 11's. I have been curious to see how much quicker my car could go now that it's got the tuned intake, but not curious enough to actually go out and try. Life has just been too busy and other hobbies have taken over. Been into building and flying FPV Racing drones for the past several years.
The following 2 users liked this post by caymandive:
MileHIFcar (09-25-20), Positron (10-01-20)
Old 09-25-20, 12:49 PM
ALexusF
Pole Position

Received 165 Likes on 82 Posts

Loving the HKS coilovers. Kept the ride height at the settings from the factory to figure out if I need camber correction, from my last alignment everything is within spec at its current height. Next time I rotate tires I may lower the front a small amount. Overall very happy with them
Attached Thumbnails Compiled Coilover Information-fg.jpeg  
The following 2 users liked this post by ALexusF:
FilwithanF (09-25-20), MileHIFcar (09-25-20)
Old 09-25-20, 04:22 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ALexusF
Loving the HKS coilovers. Kept the ride height at the settings from the factory to figure out if I need camber correction, from my last alignment everything is within spec at its current height. Next time I rotate tires I may lower the front a small amount. Overall very happy with them
I'm surprised you want to go lower, my Xforce exhaust was scrapping over speed humps at crawling pace. I have raised the front 10mm from factory height since then and it seems to ride and handle well.
Old 09-25-20, 05:20 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Did you come from the stock suspension? Or another coilover setup
Old 09-25-20, 09:48 PM
ALexusF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slowlane
I'm surprised you want to go lower, my Xforce exhaust was scrapping over speed humps at crawling pace. I have raised the front 10mm from factory height since then and it seems to ride and handle well.
Just to close the front gap a little more. Hks had the settings perfect imo. See attached photo for what i mean

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Did you come from the stock suspension? Or another coilover setup
Oem 2011 suspension to HKS coilovers.
Attached Thumbnails Compiled Coilover Information-c39aabd2-adf0-43ac-8c54-8966d0c04a6d.jpeg  
Old 09-25-20, 10:53 PM
Slowlane
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Just to close the front gap a little more. Hks had the settings perfect imo. See attached photo for what i mean.
Your tires will rub at the very top middle of wheel liners over high speed dips in the road, mine did and they were straight out of the box heights.
Old 09-26-20, 12:26 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PJSnow
9. BC Racing ER-Series (Figs) - $1845
I found an old marketplace post of the user selling these. They said the coilover performed great but they were bringing the car back to stock. Not much more information but the remote reservoir seems like a more premium feature.

Anybody else have direct experience with these coils from BC?
These are basically the same price as the HKS coils from some vendors I've found in the $1,850ish range which pits these two directly price wise
Old 09-28-20, 08:07 AM
ALexusF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slowlane
Your tires will rub at the very top middle of wheel liners over high speed dips in the road, mine did and they were straight out of the box heights.
Yeah the fronts do if i hit a hard bump.

After this weekend's roadtrip through the awesome LA roads, Ill be raising the rear some. My rear fenders are rolled but i think the mounting section is scraping along the sidewall of the tire at hard dips (also noticed my car sits a small amount lower with people in the car and at full tank of gas LOL
Old 09-28-20, 08:34 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Just installed Fortune Auto 500's w/ 16k/12k Swift Springs + RR Racing USRS.

Overall steering and handling feel is greatly improved over OEM. Damper settings are at 12 (of 24), so more driving will be involved to dial them in.
The following users liked this post:
MileHIFcar (09-28-20)
Old 09-29-20, 07:06 PM
Toprawman
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 41 Posts

Who is riding on RR Racing V2? Anyone? I'm really looking to get into these over the Greddy x KW. Looking for a little driver feedback...

Last edited by Toprawman; 09-29-20 at 07:11 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Toprawman:
caymandive (09-29-20), Maxisf (03-26-21), mike33 (10-01-20), Vervish (09-30-20)
Old 09-30-20, 04:17 PM
Jordan345
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I am on the v2 for about a week. Had the v1, couldn’t accept the front minor noises, Rafi was very supportive and as usual top notch in returning them. I went back to stock and suffered for the past year until these came out. Picked them up and installed them. Easy and quick. No noise in the front, but have clunking in the right rear. Pulled them out and in a couple times and eventually frustrated and took them to a custom shop. They took them in and out and swapped sides, still knocking in the right rear so not a shock in all likelihood. They have checked all bushes (as have I) end links etc. All are good. Which means we missed something. They gave up. I dislike incompetent shops but how many times must you pay? Argh. Just can’t get suspension working on a first, second, third pass and am frustrated. Not rr racing issue, just wishing one could get some time to flog this without worrying about knocking.
Old 10-01-20, 10:59 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts

Do the V2's use the same top hat design as V1? I think the hats were the source of some of the noise complaints from others.

I have BCs and they are completely quiet - Although I do not track, I want to upgrade to a better setup, but I do not want to add NVH.
Old 10-01-20, 03:07 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Just placed an order for a these to replace my aged BC Coilovers from 2011.
Originally Posted by Jordan345
I am on the v2 for about a week. Had the v1, couldn’t accept the front minor noises, Rafi was very supportive and as usual top notch in returning them. I went back to stock and suffered for the past year until these came out. Picked them up and installed them. Easy and quick. No noise in the front, but have clunking in the right rear. Pulled them out and in a couple times and eventually frustrated and took them to a custom shop. They took them in and out and swapped sides, still knocking in the right rear so not a shock in all likelihood. They have checked all bushes (as have I) end links etc. All are good. Which means we missed something. They gave up. I dislike incompetent shops but how many times must you pay? Argh. Just can’t get suspension working on a first, second, third pass and am frustrated. Not rr racing issue, just wishing one could get some time to flog this without worrying about knocking.
Im looking forward to any further updates you guys can provide. im looking into these as my suspension on my 09 is officially trash and RR racing has been pretty consistent in their products and R&D.
Old 10-01-20, 03:32 PM
Jordan345
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume the top hat is different. Rafi would have to chime in. Not sure what other descriptors you want as each perspective is unique to the driver and conditions. I drive on the street, wouldn’t be able to tell unless it was on a track and measured and driven by a competent driver. Anything other is simply a beauty contest. I bought to get rid of stock suspension that was original. Can’t tell the difference at this point aside from a little more stable. I like the colour and adjustability. Noise is interfering for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jordan345:
21ce (01-23-23), Vervish (10-02-20)

Quick Reply: Compiled Coilover Information