IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Infotainment audio switches randomly between modes

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-20, 06:59 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Infotainment audio switches randomly between modes

So, my 2010 IS-F has been acting strangely the past two weeks when it comes to audio in the infotainment. If I'm listening to audio on any if the modes (bluetooth, radio, sat radio, usb) it'll change to another random audio mode. This happens randomly while I'm driving and even parked. I confirmed my battery is good under the load test and it's fully charged. Also, sometimes when it randomly changes audio modes, it'll eject CDs that are inside the CD changer. I've read other 2IS cars and a few Lexus models have had this issue but most were replaced under warranty and the others we never heard back from ever again.

It also does this when I hit bumps or major uneven pavement in the road. Maybe it's an internal thing that got disconnected or even maybe a bad ground somewhere? I don't even know where to go from here. Anyone have this issue, know about this issue and how to resolve it?
Old 08-27-20, 06:12 PM
MMI
Pit Crew

Received 92 Likes on 38 Posts

My 2011 does the same thing intermittently. Usually flips to XM radio. It seemed to have become much less frequent since I stopped using my USB connected ipod and switched to playing music from my phone via bluetooth. Not sure if it's a coincidence but since then it happens very rarely, like maybe once a month.
Old 08-28-20, 04:11 AM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

I knew I wasn't the only one! Lol not a good thing I know more people have radio issues such as this. Mine is random. Sometimes I can drive for awhile and it'll never do it and then there are times it does it. It's starting to be more frequent now on every drive I do. Could be a bad circuit board, loose connection, bad ground, corrosion somewhere, etc. Taking it to my buddies house and we're going to pull the radio to diagnose.
Old 06-05-24, 11:53 AM
Commasense
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
I knew I wasn't the only one! Lol not a good thing I know more people have radio issues such as this. Mine is random. Sometimes I can drive for awhile and it'll never do it and then there are times it does it. It's starting to be more frequent now on every drive I do. Could be a bad circuit board, loose connection, bad ground, corrosion somewhere, etc. Taking it to my buddies house and we're going to pull the radio to diagnose.
I have the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?
Old 06-05-24, 12:38 PM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Commasense
I have the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?
Yup. It's the common ribbon connection on the digitized that's losing connection. I haven't had that problem since this post but only because I keep the interior cool when driving (summer time with A/C) and use a windshield deflector to keep the heat out. For me, when it's hot, the digitized and the ribbon connection act all funky. Simple and easiest fix is to replace the digitized all together and resolder the ribbon connection. DIYs all over online and YouTube on how to repair it yourself. Make sure you get the correct one for your model year.