IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Bride Driver and Passenger Bucket Seat & tutorial to get rid of the SRS light!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-20, 06:42 AM
2011ISFNY
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bride Driver and Passenger Bucket Seat & tutorial to get rid of the SRS light!!

Installed race buckets on the car and after searching many numerous threads and other DMs with forum members on here and facebook. Finally got rid of the airbag light. Thought to start a thread to pass the information forward. I've included a list of things you'll need, pictures and links. Enjoy all. Feel free to DM me if you have other questions.

1) Details on seats i used...
  • Bride Zieg IV Wide - carbon backs. I'm 6'2; 190 pounds. The fit on the seat is perfect, especially at the track. Love the thigh an shoulder support. The regular Zieg seat was too narrow for me at the hips
  • Planted seat brackets
2) What you'll need from your stock seat to get rid of the SRS light..
  • Driver side magnetic seat sensor
  • Driver side harness that connects the magnetic seat sensor (the one with the 4 prong plug)
  • Two 2.2 ohm airbag resistors (one for each seat). This nice chap from the UK sent me the link to this shop on ebay which looks more legit than the pin-like resistor you can get on amazon but both works. Link below. More personal preference.
  • Passenger side occupancy sensor
  • Passenger side computer module that hooks into the occupancy sensor
  • Passenger side harness that for the 2 things above
3) Helpful Links4) Pictures - step by step on how to remove the harness and reinstall it back on the seat

Here's what i did to zip tie all the harnesses and modules on the passenger seat bracket

Occupancy sensor placed under the new bucket seat cushion
The following 14 users liked this post by 2011ISFNY:
AlOtaBblGm (10-02-20), caymandive (10-07-20), flowrider (09-26-20), idoke1 (12-24-20), ISF4life (12-23-20), JKweezy (09-27-20), JT2MA71 (12-23-20), ljdsong (09-26-20), minator (12-23-20), n9tkd9 (09-27-20), PJSnow (09-28-20), Rickna (09-27-20), staticset (10-02-20), WhyHateTho (12-23-20) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-27-20, 08:20 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks for posting, great help!
Old 10-02-20, 11:11 AM
staticset
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

A really great tutorial man thank you.
Old 12-23-20, 09:43 AM
Scigheras
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I've been looking into buying these exact same seats. And I'm also 6'2 just like you!
What I am worried about is the height of the holes in the seat for the harness to go through over your shoulders.
How high do your shoulders reach in relation to the harness holes? Do they end up somewhere around the middle of the holes, or are the holes low and do they disappear behind your back?
Any pics? And thanks for the tutorial!
Old 12-23-20, 10:03 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

nice write up sir, keep up the good work
Old 12-23-20, 07:46 PM
2011ISFNY
Rookie

Originally Posted by Scigheras
I've been looking into buying these exact same seats. And I'm also 6'2 just like you!
What I am worried about is the height of the holes in the seat for the harness to go through over your shoulders.
How high do your shoulders reach in relation to the harness holes? Do they end up somewhere around the middle of the holes, or are the holes low and do they disappear behind your back?
Any pics? And thanks for the tutorial!
Here’s a few pictures of where the harness sits relative to my shoulder. The biggest adjustment was getting in and out of the car to be honest. First month or so was a bit annoying to be honest . Now it feels pretty normal.

One thing to consider though. If you track your car (which I presume you do since you’re to this route), make sure to look into fixed back seats. Some tracks don’t let you run reclining buckets. Best of luck with your build. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The following 2 users liked this post by 2011ISFNY:
idoke1 (12-24-20), Scigheras (12-24-20)
Old 12-24-20, 02:56 AM
Scigheras
Driver

Originally Posted by 2011ISFNY
Here’s a few pictures of where the harness sits relative to my shoulder. The biggest adjustment was getting in and out of the car to be honest. First month or so was a bit annoying to be honest . Now it feels pretty normal.

One thing to consider though. If you track your car (which I presume you do since you’re to this route), make sure to look into fixed back seats. Some tracks don’t let you run reclining buckets. Best of luck with your build. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the detailed response and pictures!

That harness hole height looks absolutely spot on for you, nice. Just to be sure, are you more of a long limbs or long torso kinda guy (or something in between)? And this is with the standard seat cushion how it comes with the seat?

Good comment about needing fixed back seats for tracking. Yes I will be tracking the car too. I also think fixed back seats are more safe because they cannot fold like reclining seats in a (track) accident.
I was looking at the Recaro Pole Positions before. I sat in one, and it was damn near perfect, except for the harness holes being way too low. ZETA IV WIDE's dimensions look very similar but I cannot find one locally because they are so new, hence the questions

I do have one more question: On Bride's website I can only find the seats outer width of the seat base at 500mm. Could you measure what the inner width is of the base? About where the lower seat belt holes are, where your thighs/butt sits.
So pretty much how wide your butt can be to fit comfortably haha. For the Pole Positions it's 390mm, wondering how that compares. Sorry for these measurements being in mm, if you measure in inches that's fine too.
Old 12-24-20, 03:19 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Superb DIY! Curious to know how much weight you saved when you removed the two front passenger seats for the bride bucket seats?
Old 12-24-20, 08:30 AM
2011ISFNY
Rookie

Thanks for the detailed response and pictures!

That harness hole height looks absolutely spot on for you, nice. Just to be sure, are you more of a long limbs or long torso kinda guy (or something in between)? And this is with the standard seat cushion how it comes with the seat?

Good comment about needing fixed back seats for tracking. Yes I will be tracking the car too. I also think fixed back seats are more safe because they cannot fold like reclining seats in a (track) accident.
I was looking at the Recaro Pole Positions before. I sat in one, and it was damn near perfect, except for the harness holes being way too low. ZETA IV WIDE's dimensions look very similar but I cannot find one locally because they are so new, hence the questions

I do have one more question: On Bride's website I can only find the seats outer width of the seat base at 500mm. Could you measure what the inner width is of the base? About where the lower seat belt holes are, where your thighs/butt sits.
So pretty much how wide your butt can be to fit comfortably haha. For the Pole Positions it's 390mm, wondering how that compares. Sorry for these measurements being in mm, if you measure in inches that's fine too.
I'm a short torso type....haha. I'm a 33 x 36 dress pants to give you perspective. But I hear you man, getting the seats to fit is hard to do just from reading. I was set on the Zeta III L just from reading online reviews but I sat in one and couldn't get back out. I tried the Zeta III XL, the width was fine but the shoulder was too wide for my liking. Waited for the Zieg Wide to come out and they were perfect. If you're in the east coast, I'm in NY. Feel free to come by and test out fitment.

Measurement wise, i measured 15 inches. I know that's not as precise as mm but I couldn't find a ruler in the garage. If you need it in mm, let me know, I'll try to dig one out from my kid's room

Cushion wise. I only added the back lumbar support for comfort on daily drives. I have an arched back so after driving it for 3 hours to the track, my back was a bit sore. Feels much better now.

Weight wise, I didn't weigh the seats but the stock ones had to be at least 60 pounds each. Over the two seats, I saved at least 100 pounds. For Bride, I don't know the weight difference between the FRP vs. the carbon back one to be honest. I went with carbon back mainly for looks because I can't help myself whenever I see anything in carbon

My IG is simon_12isf. Feel free to DM me if you have more questions. It's a pretty big dollar project so I'm with you on making sure you find the right one.

The following users liked this post:
idoke1 (12-24-20)
Old 12-25-20, 04:26 AM
Scigheras
Driver

I'm a short torso type....haha. I'm a 33 x 36 dress pants to give you perspective. But I hear you man, getting the seats to fit is hard to do just from reading. I was set on the Zeta III L just from reading online reviews but I sat in one and couldn't get back out. I tried the Zeta III XL, the width was fine but the shoulder was too wide for my liking. Waited for the Zieg Wide to come out and they were perfect. If you're in the east coast, I'm in NY. Feel free to come by and test out fitment.

Measurement wise, i measured 15 inches. I know that's not as precise as mm but I couldn't find a ruler in the garage. If you need it in mm, let me know, I'll try to dig one out from my kid's room

Cushion wise. I only added the back lumbar support for comfort on daily drives. I have an arched back so after driving it for 3 hours to the track, my back was a bit sore. Feels much better now.

My IG is simon_12isf. Feel free to DM me if you have more questions. It's a pretty big dollar project so I'm with you on making sure you find the right one.
Are we twins? I am also a 33x36. 15 inch butt width also sounds perfect. I think you just sold me on these seats!
Thanks for inviting me to test yours, I really appreciate it. Being that I am located in Europe, I think its gonna be a little bit too much effort for me though hahaha

Yeah the combination of quality seats being real expensive, hard to get/ship, and ideally having to test fit them or at least measure them before buying makes it very difficult.
So thanks again for making all these measurements/pictures and answering my questions. Now just to convince myself spending this much on seats is worth it haha
2011ISFNY (12-26-20)
Old 12-25-20, 04:53 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
Superb DIY! Curious to know how much weight you saved when you removed the two front passenger seats for the bride bucket seats?

Echo ^^^ his comment above, what are the weight savings if someone chooses to go this route?
Old 12-25-20, 11:15 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Echo ^^^ his comment above, what are the weight savings if someone chooses to go this route?
OEM driver seat is 60lbs. I have a FRP Status seat that w/mount is about 30 lbs. So 60 lb weight savings with both seats replaced. With a CF seat, can probably take off another10 lbs per seat.
2011ISFNY (12-26-20)
Old 12-25-20, 11:30 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

That's pretty good weight savings!
Old 12-26-20, 04:28 AM
2011ISFNY
Rookie

Are we twins? I am also a 33x36. 15 inch butt width also sounds perfect. I think you just sold me on these seats!
Thanks for inviting me to test yours, I really appreciate it. Being that I am located in Europe, I think its gonna be a little bit too much effort for me though hahaha

Yeah the combination of quality seats being real expensive, hard to get/ship, and ideally having to test fit them or at least measure them before buying makes it very difficult.
So thanks again for making all these measurements/pictures and answering my questions. Now just to convince myself spending this much on seats is worth it haha
One other thing. Depending on how advance you are at the track, you can consider starting off with one seat. I was told by the track I go to that I need two if I plan to have an instructor in the car. I’m still relatively new (2 season in) so will likely have one at some point to give me pointers. Might be a good option to start and save some money. Otherwise, you end up in my shoes where the passenger one is there more for looks. The shop I ordered these from gave me a deal and threw in the brackets and installed them so I went with it. However, I held off on the passenger harness to save some money. Personal preference but I rather use the money for an extra track day until the day I actually have an instructor session.

Good luck buddy. The offer to test fit is still good when travel gets back to normal and we can fly without fear of catching something
Old 12-28-20, 11:19 AM
Scigheras
Driver

One other thing. Depending on how advance you are at the track, you can consider starting off with one seat. I was told by the track I go to that I need two if I plan to have an instructor in the car. I’m still relatively new (2 season in) so will likely have one at some point to give me pointers. Might be a good option to start and save some money. Otherwise, you end up in my shoes where the passenger one is there more for looks. The shop I ordered these from gave me a deal and threw in the brackets and installed them so I went with it. However, I held off on the passenger harness to save some money. Personal preference but I rather use the money for an extra track day until the day I actually have an instructor session.

Good luck buddy. The offer to test fit is still good when travel gets back to normal and we can fly without fear of catching something
There's no real way to justify this but I wouldn't be able to look at my car with mismatched seats lol. 2 it is, OCD must be satisfied.
I will probably go with the FRP version though, the carbon version like yours really is the best but personally I don't have to have that per se, so that should cut down the price about 50%.
2011ISFNY (12-28-20)

Quick Reply: Bride Driver and Passenger Bucket Seat & tutorial to get rid of the SRS light!!