IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My 1 of 1 Cement (1H5) IS F

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-21, 10:10 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

is not that low, my roommate 08 and has barely 30k, and Brian barely 20k lolz , i'm daily mine now only has 78k :P Joez
Old 02-18-21, 10:27 AM
agtuning
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
is not that low, my roommate 08 and has barely 30k, and Brian barely 20k lolz , i'm daily mine now only has 78k :P Joez

I’m 09 with 8k
Old 02-18-21, 11:23 AM
Lend0
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Is it my imagination or does it rain more up there ??

I mentioned "Super Clean"

I like Nor Cal for the record..

This F may have been well kept in the garage if it has LOW miles.. It's been 10 years..

Joe Z
LOL just messing around man
The following users liked this post:
Joe Z (02-18-21)
Old 02-18-21, 11:31 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Barely daily miles of a few and 80 makes a HUGE difference...

I think the yearly average miles is 10-12K miles a year for most cars in America

Joe Z

ISF4life (02-18-21)
Old 02-18-21, 02:21 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 82 Posts

Is it my imagination or does it rain more up there ??

I mentioned "Super Clean"

I like Nor Cal for the record..

This F may have been well kept in the garage if it has LOW miles.. It's been 10 years..

Joe Z
Yes it rains more up here than it does in SoCal, but it all depends on the owner and what they use the car for. A lot of garage queens, track cars, hard parkers, weekend warriors and daily drivers but that goes for everywhere. Nice thing about Cali cars, NO RUST! My front end is beat up from the freeway commutes and the 12k miles a year for the last 9+ years of ownership, but still get compliments.
Joe Z (02-18-21)
Old 02-19-21, 07:59 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 208 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by agtuning
I’m 09 with 8k
Curious, how often do you change the oil? I drive mine about 1k/year and wonder how often I should be doing mine. Currently do it every 6 months.
Old 02-19-21, 12:01 PM
1OF1ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Dealer Daily doesn't specifically say, but every 5k/6mo it states "Reset Oil Maintenance Reminder, if Oil was Changed". Based on that, I assume it's supposed to be once every 5k or 6 months.
Old 02-19-21, 08:08 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Question

@1OF1ISF How many miles when you picked it up vs today ?

I went from 19k miles a year to less than 1k miles with Covid.

Joe Z

Glad to see it found a new home...!!!

Still looks super clean for a Nor Cal car.. If I remember correctly..

Are the miles still LOW ??

How's the paint job holding up after 10 years..??

Joe Z
Old 02-20-21, 10:50 AM
IS350mumba
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

with that color reminds this

Old 02-22-21, 11:53 AM
1OF1ISF
Driver School Candidate

@1OF1ISF How many miles when you picked it up vs today ?

I went from 19k miles a year to less than 1k miles with Covid.

Joe Z
Bought it in mid May of 2019 with ~65,700 miles on it and just passed 69,800. I had a Track Hawk that was my daily but sold her about 8 months ago.
Joe Z (02-22-21)
Old 02-22-21, 12:37 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by agtuning
I’m 09 with 8k
One can roll back as much as you want , legit mileages only
Old 02-22-21, 04:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 1OF1ISF
I was looking around on Google the other day, and was happy to find a very specific threads on my vehicle here, and here. I'm the owner of the only cement Lexus IS F delivered in this factory Toyota color. There's a long story about how the vehicle was painted this color and I purchased it from the original owner, who sadly passed away about 2 years ago. This is my second IS F, had a 2008 but the most special vehicle I've ever owned. Some asked about it having red/yellow pin stripes down the side, in another Club Lexus forum, which this vehicle does. The previous owner was a Marine in WW2 and the Korean war. As an homage to his service, he had the pinstripes installed shortly after taking delivery. I wanted to thank whoever originally posted the article about this, since I was looking for some information now that it's original owner can't answer those questions.
Congratulations! I've always wondered where that car ended up.

That IS F was not painted 1H9 from the factory, it was actually repainted in Southern California before delivery to the guest.
Old 02-22-21, 08:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Here are some pics of the car after it was freshly painted for your archive.

1H9 IS F special delivery at the original Lexus HQ Torrance, CA. The Mercury Metallic IS F with Wald Black Bison kit was VIP Auto Salon’s car. Photo: VIP Auto Salon

1H9 fresh from the paint shop. Photo: VIP Auto Salon.
Old 02-24-21, 10:46 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,185 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by 1OF1ISF
Here's some pics of what's been done to the car. In addition to the remarks in the picture below, I've also done:
- Sikky headers
- PPE Engineering True Dual Exhaust Dual Mode Mufflers With High-Flow Cats
- DVD/GPS over ride

Red/yellow Marine tribute pinstripe

Updated tail lights

HPS intake with K&N filter

Carbon steering wheel, and hard wired valentine one

Hand laid middle seat delete to match interior trim

Kicker amps for replacement of all factory speakers and 12" subwoofer, center mounted through pass through

Sub showing through pass through

Trunk sound deadening

Rear sound deadening
Absolutely beautiful wheels and car. Nice system. Some notes/observations on the matting. That kind of insulation doesn't block noise like most people think it does. Any reduction in road noise would be negligible at best. That type of insulation is used to quell panel resonance and in turn reduce noise. But those panels where you applied are already quite inherently stuff due to how they're curved and shaped. This is why the factory uses different types of insulation to quell noise/resonance after a finite super computer analysis showing where noise is coming from. There are products/materials for blocking road noise/road roar. The factory does this mostly w/ a combination of asphalt sheeting and thick carpeting.

It's fine though..the mat won't really hurt anything other than excess weight but seeing as how you have a sound system, weight likely isn't a large concern. But just a tip based on what I've learned after matting many of my cars in the past. I went overboard with the stuff.. found out it didn't really do anything. But you could take the position that it's fun and easy to do so why not.

On my new 2021 ES, i just "matted" my front doors, but not in large swaths, but by cutting appx 7-8" squares like the factory does and placing them in areas of the outer door skin where there's no ribbing/reinforcement. Factory uses one per door. I added 3 more per door. Sure I could do the whole door skin but at the expense of 300% more weight and 0.02% benefits. So not worth it. You have to look at cost (in weight) and benefit ratio based on your application. Cause a small box of the stuff is HEAVY. That's how I'd recommend using the mats.
Old 02-24-21, 11:03 AM
1OF1ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
Congratulations! I've always wondered where that car ended up.

That IS F was not painted 1H9 from the factory, it was actually repainted in Southern California before delivery to the guest.
I guess that's up to semantics. Yes it was not painted on Lexus's factory line, but it was taken prior to performing the PDI and sublet by Lexus Corporation to be painted in that color. Then ultimately delivered to the customer prior to the vehicle every being sold, PDI'd or shown to the customer in said color. I guess better said could be that it was commissioned, by Lexus Corp, to be painted that color.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Here are some pics of the car after it was freshly painted for your archive.

1H9 IS F special delivery at the original Lexus HQ Torrance, CA. The Mercury Metallic IS F with Wald Black Bison kit was VIP Auto Salon’s car. Photo: VIP Auto Salon

1H9 fresh from the paint shop. Photo: VIP Auto Salon.
Reallllly appreciate you sharing those pictures. That's so awesome and I'll keep them safe.

Originally Posted by E46CT
Absolutely beautiful wheels and car. Nice system. Some notes/observations on the matting. That kind of insulation doesn't block noise like most people think it does. Any reduction in road noise would be negligible at best. That type of insulation is used to quell panel resonance and in turn reduce noise. But those panels where you applied are already quite inherently stuff due to how they're curved and shaped. This is why the factory uses different types of insulation to quell noise/resonance after a finite super computer analysis showing where noise is coming from. There are products/materials for blocking road noise/road roar. The factory does this mostly w/ a combination of asphalt sheeting and thick carpeting.

It's fine though..the mat won't really hurt anything other than excess weight but seeing as how you have a sound system, weight likely isn't a large concern. But just a tip based on what I've learned after matting many of my cars in the past. I went overboard with the stuff.. found out it didn't really do anything. But you could take the position that it's fun and easy to do so why not.

On my new 2021 ES, i just "matted" my front doors, but not in large swaths, but by cutting appx 7-8" squares like the factory does and placing them in areas of the outer door skin where there's no ribbing/reinforcement. Factory uses one per door. I added 3 more per door. Sure I could do the whole door skin but at the expense of 300% more weight and 0.02% benefits. So not worth it. You have to look at cost (in weight) and benefit ratio based on your application. Cause a small box of the stuff is HEAVY. That's how I'd recommend using the mats.
Fair fair. Not wildly concerned with weight at this point, material might have added ~45lbs/~120lbs with the amps, sub, and box . She's a monster with the performance mods so just enjoy driving an IS F again. I certainly prefer it over my 16 GS F.

Last edited by 1OF1ISF; 02-24-21 at 11:11 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1OF1ISF:
flipside909 (02-24-21), Joe Z (02-24-21), lobuxracer (02-25-21)

Quick Reply: My 1 of 1 Cement (1H5) IS F