IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Uneven wheelbase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-21, 07:45 PM
Morantz
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowlane
We put it back on the alignment machine and specs were a lot better and more even all around so we decided to leave it. Car seems to handle well.
Seeing that you're based in Melb, if you're interested for future alignments, visit Centreline Suspension in Thomastown if you've never been to them. A bit of of a drive if you're based out East or SE. They're old School and they will adjust even camber and caster via factory suspension components if there is some play. Otherwise, they can suggest and install aftermarket ball joints or caster bushes to address those issues.

I find that giving the rear closer to 2mm toe in each side makes the accelerate from a dig better and helps with the wear on the inner edges resulted from the higher camber spec.
The following users liked this post:
Slowlane (06-22-21)
Old 06-21-21, 07:25 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

I've never had any problems with wear in the rear. Only the front, and camber on these cars is pretty minimal. Toe kills tires way faster than camber at our numbers.

If you really want to improve traction from a dig, get a Giken LSD. There's nothing that makes this better like the Giken spool.
Old 06-22-21, 12:08 AM
Slowlane
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Morantz
Seeing that you're based in Melb, if you're interested for future alignments, visit Centreline Suspension in Thomastown if you've never been to them. A bit of of a drive if you're based out East or SE. They're old School and they will adjust even camber and caster via factory suspension components if there is some play. Otherwise, they can suggest and install aftermarket ball joints or caster bushes to address those issues.

I find that giving the rear closer to 2mm toe in each side makes the accelerate from a dig better and helps with the wear on the inner edges resulted from the higher camber spec.
Thank you for the lead

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've never had any problems with wear in the rear. Only the front, and camber on these cars is pretty minimal. Toe kills tires way faster than camber at our numbers..
yep, this is what l'm experiencing and just put it down as a trade off to better grip and handling.
Old 07-07-23, 03:06 PM
weezyFbaby
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Bent sunroof isn't causing this problem. It's a common problem with subframes like ours. A good alignment shop should be able to fix this by moving the subframe. It's clearly not square with the chassis centerline. While they're at it, have them balance left/right to get even camber on both sides of the front.
Im having this same issue right now where my passenger front wheel is off. Has anyone ever had a shop move the subframe? Ive gotten two alignments now (one at lexus and another at NTB), neither of them mentioned anything like this and said the car was gtg.
Old 07-07-23, 03:24 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

^^^^Yes, in fact the subframe has to be removed with the installation of headers. A good shop will be able to reattach it with little or no effect to alignment. Any good alignment professional will know how and when to do this.
Old 07-10-23, 12:31 AM
MMI
Pit Crew

Received 92 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by weezyFbaby
Im having this same issue right now where my passenger front wheel is off. Has anyone ever had a shop move the subframe? Ive gotten two alignments now (one at lexus and another at NTB), neither of them mentioned anything like this and said the car was gtg.
I suggest you find a shop that caters to your local track community. From my experience normal alignment shops either wont know what you're talking about or they wont be interested in touching the subframe.
lobuxracer (07-11-23)
Old 07-11-23, 06:36 PM
weezyFbaby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MMI
I suggest you find a shop that caters to your local track community. From my experience normal alignment shops either wont know what you're talking about or they wont be interested in touching the subframe.
this is exactly the issue ive been running into. Lexus said they wont do it and recommended a collision shop, and quite a few collision shops I called either wouldnt or didnt know if they could. I do have an appt for this friday at a collision place so hopefully I can get some resolution.

Attached is my spec sheet from when I got it aligned

Last edited by weezyFbaby; 07-11-23 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-12-23, 12:32 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Those aren't good numbers. Lots of issues with subframes not square and in line with the chassis's centerline.
Old 07-12-23, 12:57 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

It baffles me how hard it is to find any shop willing to touch it. Once I do my headers I plan to find a local shop to do mine since I already have the passenger side wheel alignment issue. With being in Charlotte and so many race shops around though I am hoping I will have a pretty easy time finding someone.
inovashn (07-13-23)
Old 07-12-23, 03:31 PM
weezyFbaby
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
It baffles me how hard it is to find any shop willing to touch it. Once I do my headers I plan to find a local shop to do mine since I already have the passenger side wheel alignment issue. With being in Charlotte and so many race shops around though I am hoping I will have a pretty easy time finding someone.
have you tried calling any to see if they will do ot and what they charge?