IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

VLand tail lights( worth it ??)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-21, 10:19 AM
TXGS430
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool VLand tail lights( worth it ??)

hey guys looking to possibly give my 2012 a refresh on the rear end with some V Land tail lights.. any cons to upgrading? Seems like a lot of people run them but wondering if anyone has had any issues with leaking or electrical malfunctions. I think they look amazing but don't really want to drop 300 bucks if they will give me issues later. Wondering if anyone can chime in on there long term review and how they have held up! Appreciate yall!

The following users liked this post:
ISF4TW (06-30-21)
Old 06-30-21, 01:14 PM
ISF4TW
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXGS430
hey guys looking to possibly give my 2012 a refresh on the rear end with some V Land tail lights.. any cons to upgrading? Seems like a lot of people run them but wondering if anyone has had any issues with leaking or electrical malfunctions. I think they look amazing but don't really want to drop 300 bucks if they will give me issues later. Wondering if anyone can chime in on there long term review and how they have held up! Appreciate yall!
I picked up the VLand rear tail lights a few months ago and they've been working great. I also read about the leaking and electrical malfunctions but decided to give it a try when Amazon had a sale on them. They were supper easy to install and provided a tight fit. They definitely changed the look of the car. PoorMansGarage youtube video has a pretty good DIY video you could follow for the install. Would recommend them is your looking for an updated more aggressive look. GL!
TXGS430 (06-30-21)
Old 06-30-21, 01:19 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Most aftermarket tail and headlights are garbage and will either let in and trap moisture - or not have as good light output as the OEM units.

Buy with caution.
The following 2 users liked this post by MisterSkiz:
JT2MA71 (06-30-21), TXGS430 (06-30-21)
Old 06-30-21, 01:59 PM
TXGS430
Rookie

@ISF4TW Good deal I've dealt with some spec D tail lights on my old gs430 a while back and they held up rather well but have never used this brand before so was just curious if anyone experienced any major issues. Im glad they are working out for you man!! Funny you say that, I actually did watch poor man mods video before you mentioned anything. Its practically the same process to install on the gs430 as the ISF. Got to love that Toyota consistency!! I love that they don't stray too far from the actual build structure from various models which makes it really easy for DIY installs. I just placed an order for them going to give them a shot!! I'm going to keep the stock headlights though. The previous owner updated the bulbs in the headlights and fogs to a super bright led and since its a 2012 already has the factory led strips I think once I the tails it will really make everything come together!
Old 06-30-21, 02:03 PM
TXGS430
Rookie

@MisterSkiz I agree most of the time the price justifies the quality. l'm going to trust my gut and keep the stock headlights for that reason. It seems people were having more issue with the VLAND headlights rather than the tail lights so I figure so the price and the look I'll give them a shot. I Will definitely hold on to my stock tails though just in case I have any issue down the road! appreciate your advice!
Old 06-30-21, 09:32 PM
xdejablu3x
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

They are fine. I know a few owners who have the tail lights. I have their headlights because mine were leaking and had crazing in the lenses. The newer versions of their headlights are built better and with improved sealant vs the originals a few years back. Their tail lights are fine as well and have never read about any problems with. I like the look but I also like the look of the OEM. It's very subjective as it is up to YOU if you like the look and if you want to change them out. You buy and install what YOU like and want.
TXGS430 (07-01-21)
Old 07-01-21, 09:41 AM
TXGS430
Rookie

@xdejablu3x I agree. I do like the look which is why my main concern was just longevity and quality. I know the aftermarket lenses don't always hold up the best and I've only really had experience with spider auto replacements in the past. That being said I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the tails so im excited to see how much thy refresh the look of the car. The previous owner actually updated the stock OEM ISF tails to is350 led tails( with the double dot LED's) which in my opinion look way better than the ones on the ISF. But i think ill just hold on to them just in case i ever have any moisture issues down the road Thanks for the confirmation !
Old 07-01-21, 11:17 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I've had zero issues with the Vland tail lights, they have been rock solid for years now and update the backend of the car IMO......definitely worth the price of entry for me.
TXGS430 (07-02-21)
Old 07-01-21, 02:10 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

This company does custom vlands if you're interested https://www.wisedetailz.com/
The following 2 users liked this post by WhyHateTho:
MileHIFcar (07-01-21), TXGS430 (07-02-21)
Old 07-01-21, 05:03 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
This company does custom vlands if you're interested https://www.wisedetailz.com/
Thanks for sharing that link... some interesting options for a fully custom set up!
Old 07-02-21, 09:22 AM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Thanks for sharing that link... some interesting options for a fully custom set up!
​​​​​​Check out their IG page too. You'll see even more.
Old 07-02-21, 10:31 AM
TXGS430
Rookie

@MileHIFcar Hell yes great to hear!! I can't wait to install them. Tracking says they will be here by tomorrow!!!!
MileHIFcar (07-02-21)
Old 07-02-21, 10:36 AM
TXGS430
Rookie

@WhyHateTho
Wow they definitely have some bad *** options! bookmarking this for later. Thanks so much for sharing !
Old 07-02-21, 11:56 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I prefer OEM for both quality and appearance.
TXGS430 (07-02-21)
Old 07-02-21, 12:21 PM
TXGS430
Rookie

@Jwconeil Looks wise.. personally I think the Vland takes the cake just my opinion however, for the front end with the stock projectors and led check marks on my 2012 I think look the best. I'm definitely keeping the fronts stock especially since the previous owner already went ahead and updated the low beams and fogs to super white led so im more than happy with how they look. Seems like the headlights aged rather nicely compared to the same tails that were used since 2008. I definitely agree with you on the quality though stock is always best when it comes to materials and fitment. For that reason, i definitely plan to keep my stock ones on the side just in case the Vlands eventually fail

Quick Reply: VLand tail lights( worth it ??)