IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Upgrading my '16 IS200t to an '11 ISF? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-21, 11:28 AM
Toprawman
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slow200t
There are older ones that are cheaper, I couldn't find any decent priced ones that were 2011. All of the ones that are 2011/2012 are priced around $40k+, with taxes and fees it could bring the total up to close to what he's asking except it doesn't have all of these mods (which are desirable to me). If you can find 2011/2012's cheaper than 40k otd, then I would consider it.
Well cheaper... NO, Mods, NO...One owner, fully serviced and after taxes and fees, maybe close to the same price. Yes...https://www.lexusofsacramento.com/al...=IS%20F&trim=F
Old 12-17-21, 11:44 AM
slow200t
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toprawman
Well cheaper... NO, Mods, NO...One owner, fully serviced and after taxes and fees, maybe close to the same price. Yes...https://www.lexusofsacramento.com/al...=IS%20F&trim=F
That's not too bad, but I think I would stick to the modded one hopefully
The following users liked this post:
Toprawman (12-17-21)
Old 12-17-21, 11:57 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ashschwin
That is a really clean ISF with very tasteful mods. Prices are wild right now, I bought my 2017 GSF with 39K miles in Feb. this year for the same price.
That's a beautiful GSF you've got there. I love GSFs and rarely see them on the road.

Back to the ISF - that's a gorgeous car too, I love it. First time I've seen that interior color combination. I'm still "anti" with the price & the mods (particularly if he's had the rev limiter raised), but it sounds like you really like & want the car. How do you like the rims? If you're like me & prefer stock, you could always put the them back on & sell these ones to make up some of the cash. I'd toss the guy an offer for 45K, what can it hurt.
Old 12-17-21, 01:46 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I wouldn't worry about the mods on this particular ISF as they are of high quality and if you like those modifications don't let it sway you from a possible purchase of this vehicle IMO. Now $52,500 is a lot of money don't get me wrong but that's the market right now and a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Like some of the members above have said offer less perhaps $45,000 and see if he/she is something they are willing to accept or not? Or they might be on Club Lexus monitoring this whole thread lol 😆 if so perhaps he/she can chime in on this particular 2011 example that they are selling 🤷‍♂️

If I was in the market for an ISF I wouldn't be looking at any stock ISF's knowing damn well I would be modifying the car and if I could find a example that was well modded and I could save some time and perhaps $$ getting a car with particular modifications already done then I would jump on this platform.
The following 2 users liked this post by MileHIFcar:
FilwithanF (12-17-21), slow200t (12-17-21)
Old 12-17-21, 01:46 PM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by slow200t
There are older ones that are cheaper, I couldn't find any decent priced ones that were 2011. All of the ones that are 2011/2012 are priced around $40k+, with taxes and fees it could bring the total up to close to what he's asking except it doesn't have all of these mods (which are desirable to me). If you can find 2011/2012's cheaper than 40k otd, then I would consider it.
Lol, mine is a 2011 for sale on this forum for $37,500 with PPE EL, PPE valvetronic exhaust, tune, and valley plate addressed. I also just had the engine mounts replaced with FIGS engine mounts (have the OEM as well).

Not trying to be rude, but just wondering if you had a chance to look at the FS vehicle section on this forum? The benefit is many of these cars are enthusiast cars and you can track the build process, reviews, and issues just by looking at the posts. Just a thought...
MileHIFcar (12-17-21)
Old 12-17-21, 05:55 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikeboi09
Honestly, get a higher mileage ISF completely stock for 20k-25k, and then do your own mods to it. These cars are not affected in their performance from mileage but by how well taken care of they have been. The market is hot for almost all cars, and its gonna be a kick in the groin to buy a niche car like the ISF.
This is really poor advice, you're telling him to buy a clapped out car and then dump a bunch of money into it … the definition of false economy. When you do that, you end up spending just a little less and you still have a worn out car.

That said, that driver's seat looks beat for $52k. Those alpine interiors take a beating if you're not careful in maintaining them, and most have been thoroughly trashed by now. That car in Sacramento is local to me if you are seriously considering it. I can take a look at it for you and give you my opinion - I own a 2012 myself. good luck
slow200t (12-17-21)
Old 12-18-21, 02:02 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

You seem to think you don’t have to pay taxes on this one as well. Trust me, you will if you do the deal honestly.

Check the marketplace. We do indeed have cheaper ISFs listed here.
Old 12-21-21, 04:34 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Toprawman
I looked at this car at Lexus of Sacramento the other day and the exterior shows quite a bit of wear - the car has been kept outside for the most part, the front end, headlights, side skirts and rear fenders show fairly significant sandblasting (like you would expect from lots of highway driving), several minor bird dropping etch marks in the paint throughout (2 or 3 spots that i saw), headlights showing some yellowing, etc. The car was polished but this stuff can't be polished out (minus the headlights). Trim shows some wear, wheels have lost some of their luster, and overall this car shows like a black car that's been kept outside and ran through commercial car washes. it certainly hasn't been babied or garaged much. That said, i didn't see any signs of major paintwork, and the interior is in great shape. I didn't drive it so can't comment on that. I think they put new tires on it. Overall, not bad, but probably not quite a $43k car.