IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

tire size

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-22 | 03:27 AM
KXALB
Driver School Candidate

Default Yokohama 265/30/19 on isf

After installing a size 285 Hankook s1 evo3 rear , I felt that I had killed the car
My personal opinion and the research that I did, the best size for the looking and speed is 265/30 On rims 9.5 rear and 8.5 front, of course, size 19

My only problem is that I only found Yokohama advan fleva v701 As per the mentioned size

My experience with the Hankook was amazing, one of the best tires I have tried in terms of street sound and grip

Has anyone tried installing Yokohama tires ?
Are they better than Hankook and worth buying?

Last edited by KXALB; 04-18-22 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-18-22 | 08:22 AM
KXALB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KXALB
After installing a size 285 Hankook s1 evo3 rear , I felt that I had killed the car
My personal opinion and the research that I did, the best size for the looking and speed is 265/30 On rims 9.5 rear and 8.5 front, of course, size 19

My only problem is that I only found Yokohama advan fleva v701 As per the mentioned size

My experience with the Hankook was amazing, one of the best tires I have tried in terms of street sound and grip

Has anyone tried installing Yokohama tires ?
Are they better than Hankook and worth buying?

Old 04-18-22 | 02:44 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Do you want looks or performance? Any 265 in the rear is going to be troublesome, especially a 265/30. You'd be way better off with a 275/30 and many of us have run that or a 275/35 in the rear with decent results from a performance perspective. The OE diameter is based on a 255/35. Changing more than 2% from that diameter is asking for unusual issues. If you only care about appearance, knock yourself out. If you care about performance, you'd be way better off with a 275.

What makes you think the 285 is "killed the car?"
Old 04-22-22 | 08:23 PM
KXALB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Do you want looks or performance? Any 265 in the rear is going to be troublesome, especially a 265/30. You'd be way better off with a 275/30 and many of us have run that or a 275/35 in the rear with decent results from a performance perspective. The OE diameter is based on a 255/35. Changing more than 2% from that diameter is asking for unusual issues. If you only care about appearance, knock yourself out. If you care about performance, you'd be way better off with a 275.

What makes you think the 285 is "killed the car?"

thank you for the response

I mentioned earlier that my rims size 9.5
so the 285 was too much on it and it hits the fender

I made a mistake in the size and the car felt heavy, especially in 60 feet, and the high gears, such as 5.6 tires

275 a very excellent and beautiful option
but something obvious It is known that every time you go down in size, you get stronger acceleration, and experience is the best proof.

You mentioned that any 265 in the rear is going to be troublesome, especially a 265/30

can you mention the negatives? have you tried them before
Old 04-23-22 | 02:06 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Stronger acceleration in first gear. After that, it doesn't matter anymore. Once the engine is near peak power, nothing changes in terms of acceleration.

A smaller diameter tire changes everything with the suspension geometry. Scrub radius, roll center, instant center, roll axis, camber curves - pretty much everything is different with a change in tire diameter. Odds are really good it's not better, but actually worse than the OEM size. You're giving up a lot for a 60 foot time.

I have not run any 265s on my IS F. I've done a lot of chassis tuning and I am pretty confident it would be a waste of time and effort.
The following users liked this post:
KXALB (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22 | 03:58 AM
KXALB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Stronger acceleration in first gear. After that, it doesn't matter anymore. Once the engine is near peak power, nothing changes in terms of acceleration.

A smaller diameter tire changes everything with the suspension geometry. Scrub radius, roll center, instant center, roll axis, camber curves - pretty much everything is different with a change in tire diameter. Odds are really good it's not better, but actually worse than the OEM size. You're giving up a lot for a 60 foot time.

I have not run any 265s on my IS F. I've done a lot of chassis tuning and I am pretty confident it would be a waste of time and effort.
Now I understand
thank you

but it also depends on the way you use the car and the streets you walk on I will try them and give you the impression after a while about them

I only use the car at the weekend, I participate in the drag race if there is an event

in my personal opinion from 275 to 265 does not change the world in relation to normal use, but differs in acceleration

But my question was, has anyone really tried this size, and are the Yokohama tires excellent?

Old 04-27-22 | 05:37 AM
KXALB
Driver School Candidate

Yokohama tires have been installed

from my personal experience, excellent tire so far, in use as new

Changing the size to a smaller one makes you feel the change and the lightness of the car

In terms of comfort and turns, things are good

But the tire advan fleva v701 is not intended for high performance, as it does not hold 100% of the gear 2 speeds from 80 to 90 km

Shows me the traction sign , but it takes off
I give it 80% In grip