IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Personal Settings- Overriding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-06, 07:52 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
AH I thought it was standard... I tried today and was like it doesnt work!! I'll have to read that link you posted.. Thanks!

Edit:
OK after reading the link you posted it sounds like holding the lock for 5 seconds techique cahnges the "Lock doors when shifting out of park and Unlock doors when shifting into Park" I dont like that feature.

How did you get it to Stay lock when you shift it into Park and if you quickly open the door it'll open all the doors and if you wait 10 secs it'll open only drivers?

Mine currently locks at 13mph and does NOT unlock when you shift into park But when you pull on the drivers door it only unlocks the drivers side none of the other door no matter how fast you open the door.
You know, I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I read it in the manual and it was difficult to follow, took my tries before it would take.....
Old 05-20-06, 07:56 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
You know, I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I read it in the manual and it was difficult to follow, took my tries before it would take.....
Ya I want to just go and play with it but I dont want to mess it up and change it where the car will lock when I shift out of park and unlock when I shift into park... If I cant revert it that will drive me crazy.
Old 05-21-06, 10:50 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Ya I want to just go and play with it but I dont want to mess it up and change it where the car will lock when I shift out of park and unlock when I shift into park... If I cant revert it that will drive me crazy.
You won't mess it up. I hear you tho, having your door locks dependant on the shifter really bothered me cause i wasn't use to it. But I do think my car will lock the doors when I shift from P to D, that's ok it's better than when i hit a certain speed....
Old 05-21-06, 11:37 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

But I do think my car will lock the doors when I shift from P to D, that's ok it's better than when i hit a certain speed....
Oh it does? Then I dont want it. I dont like that. Cuz a lot of the times I would pull out of a space before letting people in and if thats the case I'll have to manuall unlock the doors again and when I drive off all the doors will stay unlocked.

I guess I'll live with having to make people manually unlock themelseves out. Either that or I'll try to remember to unlock it for them before I stop. I dont like the lock unlock associated with P and D.

I was hoping I can keep the setting at lock at 13 mph and stay locked when put into P and ALSO have your setting where quick pull will unlock all doors and slow pull will unlock only drivers...
Old 05-21-06, 12:11 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

I was hoping I can keep the setting at lock at 13 mph and stay locked when put into P and ALSO have your setting where quick pull will unlock all doors and slow pull will unlock only drivers...
I think you can. If I can remember right, I think they are both separate settings.
Old 05-21-06, 12:26 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

I think you can. If I can remember right, I think they are both separate settings.

Ah I see..... well if you or anyone figures it out please let me know. I'll like to personalize it like that.
Old 05-21-06, 04:05 PM
mr.BeboT
Driver

You can, I just got back from doing this, it really helps if you count out loud (neighbors probably thought i was crazy)

Your setting involves shift lever in N options 1 and 2.
Old 05-21-06, 04:49 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mr.BeboT
You can, I just got back from doing this, it really helps if you count out loud (neighbors probably thought i was crazy)

Your setting involves shift lever in N options 1 and 2.

Can you post how you did it exactlly?

Pretty please...
Old 05-21-06, 05:11 PM
06i
Driver

Can you post how you did it exactlly?

Pretty please...

double pretty please
Old 05-21-06, 06:11 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

there's a long (and funny) post somewhere here on CL, let me see if I can find it. It might not make sense reading about it in the user guide manual because we were all still a little bit confused.

edit: couldn't find it.

Last edited by kensteele; 05-21-06 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-22-06, 08:56 AM
mr.BeboT
Driver

OK since you all wanted instructions and it isn't exactly torture for me to play with the new car here's a full proof way to do it

Now I tested this by reverting my settings back to default which is basically doing all the steps again. Flip to P.19 on the manual. What they fail to say there is you have to turn defualt options off, kinda cumbersome but basically if you perform the operation to say 'lock doors @ 12mph' the factory defualt option of 'lock doors when shifting out of park' is not overwritten you will have both options ON but the shifting rule precedes the MPH rule.

To fulfill the original request of:
Doors DO NOT lock when shifting out of park
Doors DO NOT unlock when shifting in to park
Doors DO lock @ 12mph
Doors DO unlock all if drivers side opened within 10secs / unlock drivers only after 10secs.

Put car in to IG-ON
hold unlock button & count to 5 - doors will lock/unlock to confirm
Shutdown
Put car in to IG-ON
hold lock button & count to 5 - doors will lock/unlock to confirm
Shutdown

--Now at this point you have disabled the factory default and the doors will have to be manually locked/unlocked--

Put car in to IG-ON
SHIFT to N
hold unlock button & count to 5 - doors will lock/unlock to confirm
Shutdown (STAY IN N)
Shutdown

--Now you have placed the new ruleset and you are good to go, now the last 2 steps above can be skipped for the drivers that want complete control over their lock functions but it seems that the majority of us in this thread like the MPH lock option as well as the Driver/ALL unlock option--

If you have your manual while reading this you will notice I basically went down the list of available options. My first problem and I assume what others report was also troublesome was there was no mention that you had to turn the first two options off beofore turning the last two on.

Have fun guys and remember count out loud
Old 05-22-06, 09:09 AM
Kavistar
Rookie

Thanks mr.BeboT !!

This is one of the settings that I want to change. I am at work now, but hopefully tonight I will have a chance to try it out.

Kavistar
Old 05-22-06, 10:28 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Thanks for the instructions!!! I'm too at work but will try it out tonight.

One quick question. If I already have all those pretty much set besides the:

Doors DO unlock all if drivers side opened within 10secs / unlock
drivers only after 10secs.

Can I skip all the other counting to 5 and just preceed to the last one?
(STAY IN N)
Shutdown

Or should I follow all 4 steps?

It sounds like each one of those holding lock and unlock at a different shifter position triggers one option.
Old 05-22-06, 12:14 PM
06i
Driver

thanks for the how to, but i am a bit confused.

is there a way for me to turn OFF the "lock when out of P" and turn ON the "lock at speed"

i want to maintain the UNLOCK when into P

EDIT:
i figured it out after realizing it was the power locks switch on the door and not using the FOB
lol

Last edited by 06i; 05-22-06 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-23-06, 08:05 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Ok I finally got it. I screwed it up at first making it lock and unlock linked to the P

Man why do they make it so hard... not hard but its confusing if you're doing it for the first time. But eventually I got it. Works GREAT now! I like it. Props to Lexus for having all these cool options.

Quick Reply: Personal Settings- Overriding?