IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

longo collision hates me

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06, 12:51 AM
khoongy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longo collision hates me

i got my car back a couple days ago and i was unhappy with the results, so i contacted my insurance to let them know i was not happy. my adjuster from AAA called longo collision to let them know the problems w/ my car and an appointment was setup.

when i got to longo collision, the estimator, marie, and her partner, kevin, i think, were really bitter towards me. no hello , handshakes,or anything. this is basically how our conversion went:

marie: wheres your car
me: over here
marie: this is kevin , my partner
kevin: wheres the damage
me: here ..here.. here...
kevin: what else.
me: also here and here.
kevin: ok
eric: how long will the repairs take? (it took 1 month to fix minor problems last time)
marie: ask him.
kevin: 1 day. about the same time tomorrow.
marie: come with me
me: *follows*
marie: wait here.

basically, my insurance adjuster called longo and gave them hell. thats why they were so pissed at me. but hey, gotta do what it takes to get my car to the way it was. as for the duration of the repair, how come it went from 1 month to 1 day for almost the same amount of repair? ..because my insurance adjuster made longo pay for my enterprise rental.

me: do u think the repairs will take long like last time?
insurance adjuster: definately not because they are paying for your rental. that means that they are against the clock to fix your car, or they will end up paying a lot for your rental.

hehe, well that was my little story. i pick up my car tomorrow. i just thought it was a little funny how the repair time went from 1 month to 1 day when longo loses $ instead of making $. to my adjuster for her great work.

i will give u guys an update tomorrow when i get my car back. hopefully they wont use anymore touch-up paint, because when it rained, the paint turned yellow!
Old 12-28-06, 12:57 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Why even take it to Longo?? I dont understand people think that taking the car to the dealer for repairs is better but in reality its WORSE.

You should of taken it to a well know reputable family owned AAA cerified Auto Repair Shop.

I have one near my house and its called Soles Bees Auto Crafts.
Old 12-28-06, 01:00 AM
khoongy
Driver

isnt longo collision AAA certified? they have a AAA attached to the same building. but anyway, my dad took his tundra there before and the repairs came out perfectly fine.
Old 12-28-06, 09:20 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

anything w/ the name "longo" attached to it should be a warning sign... /off-topic

hope your repairs turned out better than last time.
Old 12-28-06, 09:53 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious, people who live around Longo and don't like them... which Lexus dealership do you guys go to for maintenance?
Old 12-28-06, 01:20 PM
khoongy
Driver

the lexus service department is very nice. dont get it mixed up with longo collision. lexus services is the one who does maintenance and oil changes. they are all great people. longo collision, on the other hand, stink. =(
Old 12-28-06, 01:24 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

From my experience the service department at Longo is nice but still careless. They've made me return several times to correct their mistakes. =P Just curious where most people go instead of Longo.
Old 12-28-06, 01:57 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Glendale Lexus.
Old 12-28-06, 07:37 PM
khoongy
Driver

i got my car back today. they fixed my paint problem and that was the only thing. there are still some problems that remain:

1) headlights are now pointed to the floor and i cant see ahead very far. i cant even see people's license plates at a stop light.

2) the gap between my headlight and bumper still remain and they said it is normal. i told them my other headlight fits in perfectly and they said theres nothing they can do.

3) a little panel on my bumper is still sticking out, and again, they said that was the best they could do.

thumbs down. i think i can legally take it to another auto body now. ..so theres a plus.
Old 12-28-06, 09:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by khoongy
i got my car back today. they fixed my paint problem and that was the only thing. there are still some problems that remain:

1) headlights are now pointed to the floor and i cant see ahead very far. i cant even see people's license plates at a stop light.

2) the gap between my headlight and bumper still remain and they said it is normal. i told them my other headlight fits in perfectly and they said theres nothing they can do.

3) a little panel on my bumper is still sticking out, and again, they said that was the best they could do.

thumbs down. i think i can legally take it to another auto body now. ..so theres a plus.
ACSC guarantees the work that Longo Collision Center does. So if you were to now take it to another shop to correct the issues, and the other shop somehow screws it up, ACSC nor Longo will take responsiblity for any additional damages caused. If you are still having issues with your repairs, you need to bring it to the attention of your estimator or even call your claim adjuster and let them know of the issues.

If you are still having issues, PM me and I will lead you to the right person.
Old 12-28-06, 10:49 PM
2point5is
Driver School Candidate

what was wrong with the paint? i am a paint shop manager at a collision shop and im just curious what was not right about it.

Landon
Old 12-28-06, 11:18 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

i love how half the time we curse our insurance company, but when you need there clout (like this instance) they are a godsend. I was in the same boat a few years back, AAA refused to pay them until i was satisfied 100%. Also AAA is a huge company with alot of influence and power when it comes to negoting these types of issues. basically what happened to me was the body shop painted my truck cab one day, the bed the second and the colors did not even match and there were runs....... so AAA sent and adjuster down to deal with it. ended up with a perfect paint job..........
Old 12-28-06, 11:42 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know this isnt going to help any, but i know someone who works at longo lexus, well i dont know if he still does, but anyways i've heard some horror stories about the idiots in the shop who do dumb things when working on cars. and how they hire people who don't know anything...
Old 12-29-06, 02:16 AM
khoongy
Driver

Originally Posted by 2point5is
what was wrong with the paint? i am a paint shop manager at a collision shop and im just curious what was not right about it.

Landon

the first time i got it back, it looked like they just used white-out over my scratches and sandpapered the excess paint. so the result was a very rough texture that was a different white than my starfire pearl white. it rained the next day and the "white-out paint" caught some dirt and it turned yellow and was very easy to see. i took it back and they said they were going to polish it. so far it looks fine to me.
Old 12-29-06, 10:07 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by khoongy
i think i can legally take it to another auto body now. ..so theres a plus.
Originally Posted by flipside909
ACSC guarantees the work that Longo Collision Center does. So if you were to now take it to another shop to correct the issues, and the other shop somehow screws it up, ACSC nor Longo will take responsiblity for any additional damages caused. If you are still having issues with your repairs, you need to bring it to the attention of your estimator or even call your claim adjuster and let them know of the issues.
I agree with flipside909. At this point, let the insurance company work it out for you.