IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

"December to Remember" Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-07, 08:51 PM
avex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "December to Remember" Questions

I was just reading up on Lexus' annual "December to Remember" promotion. It looks like this is the only time of year one can expect to get any lease support from Lexus Financial on an IS350. Does anyone have any info yet on this year's promotion? Typically, when do the promotional rates begin and end? I read somewhere that last year the promotional rates kicked in some time in late November (around the 20th) and ran through some time in January. My special order car will arrive some time in January, so I'm hoping I can take advantage of the rate.
Old 10-09-07, 08:54 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you'll be out of luck.
Old 10-10-07, 06:02 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by avex
I was just reading up on Lexus' annual "December to Remember" promotion. It looks like this is the only time of year one can expect to get any lease support from Lexus Financial on an IS350. Does anyone have any info yet on this year's promotion? Typically, when do the promotional rates begin and end? I read somewhere that last year the promotional rates kicked in some time in late November (around the 20th) and ran through some time in January. My special order car will arrive some time in January, so I'm hoping I can take advantage of the rate.
I ordered my '07 IS350 during this event, and the dealer held the rate as I wanted a special order only [arrived May'07]. This is up to the dealer to do this and not every dealer is willing; but the rates are fantastic.
Old 10-10-07, 07:48 AM
avex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MLevinson
I ordered my '07 IS350 during this event, and the dealer held the rate as I wanted a special order only [arrived May'07]. This is up to the dealer to do this and not every dealer is willing; but the rates are fantastic.
That's encouraging news. Thanks.
Old 10-23-07, 06:40 PM
WayneGrow
Driver School Candidate

Any other answers to his questions??? Would this apply to only 08's or would I be able to get a nice rate on any leftover 07's???
Old 10-23-07, 07:06 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by WayneGrow
Any other answers to his questions??? Would this apply to only 08's or would I be able to get a nice rate on any leftover 07's???
the promotion rate applies to all new cars, doesn't matter the year. but you may get a bigger discount on msrp on the 07' models.
Old 10-23-07, 07:30 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Yes the dealer can hold the rate for you, but you will need to get preapproved by filing out the credit application and having them submit it to LFS. You absolutely must do this to get the lower rate so they can "lock" it in. I used to work at a Lexus dealer and I've done it before.

December to Remember starts after Thanksgiving and ends right after New Year's.

The specials apply to 2008 and I doubt you will find any new '07's by then.

Good luck.

p.s. Welcome to Club Lexus!

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 10-23-07 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-23-07, 08:07 PM
WayneGrow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Yes the dealer can hold the rate for you, but you will need to get preapproved by filing out the credit application and having them submit it to LFS. You absolutely must do this to get the lower rate so they can "lock" it in. I used to work at a Lexus dealer and I've done it before.

December to Remember starts after Thanksgiving and ends right after New Year's.

The specials apply to 2008 and I doubt you will find any new '07's by then.

Good luck.

p.s. Welcome to Club Lexus!
Thanks for the welcome Well, I can start looking at 07's now and see what kind of prices I can get, i'm curious as you said you were a lexus salesperson, whats the likelyhood i'll find an 07 at that time... are the IS350s and GS350s selling like hotcakes that they'll be unheard of last months of the year???
Old 10-23-07, 08:17 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Thanks for the welcome Well, I can start looking at 07's now and see what kind of prices I can get, i'm curious as you said you were a lexus salesperson, whats the likelyhood i'll find an 07 at that time... are the IS350s and GS350s selling like hotcakes that they'll be unheard of last months of the year???
Don't shop for prices now, you'll be wasting your time because everything will change in one month's time. I don't think you'll find any '07's by then.

I heard they're hard to get now? I think they slowed down production?
Also, the factory in Japan closes between Christmas until after New Year's so no shipments in late Dec until mid January. And if that isn't bad enough there's only so many vessels with only so much space for cars so the "hot" new models get put on due to high demand and the other models suffer. I think right now it's the new LS and the IS-F is coming in the spring?

I would highly recommend maintaining communication with your dealer and try to talk to the sales manager - salespeople usually have no clue.

I'm not trying to depress you, just telling you how things work in the Lexus world. Just stay in contact with someone you trust at the dealer who will be straight forward with you.
Old 10-23-07, 09:30 PM
WayneGrow
Driver School Candidate

Don't shop for prices now, you'll be wasting your time because everything will change in one month's time. I don't think you'll find any '07's by then.

I heard they're hard to get now? I think they slowed down production?
Also, the factory in Japan closes between Christmas until after New Year's so no shipments in late Dec until mid January. And if that isn't bad enough there's only so many vessels with only so much space for cars so the "hot" new models get put on due to high demand and the other models suffer. I think right now it's the new LS and the IS-F is coming in the spring?

I would highly recommend maintaining communication with your dealer and try to talk to the sales manager - salespeople usually have no clue.

I'm not trying to depress you, just telling you how things work in the Lexus world. Just stay in contact with someone you trust at the dealer who will be straight forward with you.
okay. so you're telling me not to look at prices now and wait for a month and then you say by then they will be gone... ? hahha, is it a loose loose situation at this point? I'm lost
Old 10-24-07, 08:06 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

okay. so you're telling me not to look at prices now and wait for a month and then you say by then they will be gone... ? hahha, is it a loose loose situation at this point? I'm lost
Oh no no no! It will be better! The lower rates make a huge difference.

I'm just saying why shop now for something you're not buying yet and waste your time and energy?

Just to give you an idea from someone who used to be " on the inside", I leased my IS on Dec 1, 2006 and it's an '07 model.

You'll be okay, don't worry - just wait one more month.
Old 10-24-07, 05:59 PM
WayneGrow
Driver School Candidate

Oh no no no! It will be better! The lower rates make a huge difference.

I'm just saying why shop now for something you're not buying yet and waste your time and energy?

Just to give you an idea from someone who used to be " on the inside", I leased my IS on Dec 1, 2006 and it's an '07 model.

You'll be okay, don't worry - just wait one more month.
Well i've been doing some calls and stuff and here's the info so far. Many dealers are completely out of 07's. I'm not interested in 08's. Come a month from now, dealers "say" they'll be long gone.... I can wait and only hope if this is true or not.

Its funny, one person was quoting me for a fully loaded 08 IS350 for around 41-42k.... then the 07's was quoted with me for 45k lol....

I know I can get an invoice price for the 07's IF they still exit. I'm trying to balance the idea of either getting the 07 NOW, or waiting for the december event and hoping I can get a good finance rate AND hope the 07 will still exit...... or the payments would be equivalent for an 08 at that time with the promotional event....

decisions decisions....
Old 10-24-07, 06:04 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In my view '07's are mostly gone now, and in a month they will be history. I think you are doing too much work now if you aren't going to buy. Keep your powder dry and when you are ready to buy then start negotiating.
Old 10-24-07, 06:41 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Well i've been doing some calls and stuff and here's the info so far. Many dealers are completely out of 07's. I'm not interested in 08's. Come a month from now, dealers "say" they'll be long gone.... I can wait and only hope if this is true or not.

Its funny, one person was quoting me for a fully loaded 08 IS350 for around 41-42k.... then the 07's was quoted with me for 45k lol....

I know I can get an invoice price for the 07's IF they still exit. I'm trying to balance the idea of either getting the 07 NOW, or waiting for the december event and hoping I can get a good finance rate AND hope the 07 will still exit...... or the payments would be equivalent for an 08 at that time with the promotional event....

decisions decisions....
If they have enough of them on the lot in December, you could probably get an '08 for same or close to what you can get '07 for anyway. There's always a big push to finish out the year with high sales quotas.

Originally Posted by Evitzee
In my view '07's are mostly gone now, and in a month they will be history. I think you are doing too much work now if you aren't going to buy. Keep your powder dry and when you are ready to buy then start negotiating.
Old 10-24-07, 10:17 PM
WayneGrow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I am willing to buy, if the price is right

Thanks AsianGirl. We'll see how the year end goes...

Quick Reply: "December to Remember" Questions