IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Freshly washed, Megans installed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-09, 08:10 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freshly washed, Megans installed...

***UPDATED PICS PAGE 3***

Well, I had my new Megan LPs installed on Friday and went to Norcal (from Socal) the following morning. I basically broke them in real quick. I'm not sure what the maximum number of "clicks" are to achieve the stiffest setting, but in the front I started all the way on the softest and went up 25 clicks. In the back I went up to 20 clicks.

When I first had them installed, the car was low...really, really low. Then after driving for about 100 miles, it was in my mind that the coilovers had already broken in and settled. I had to pull over on my way to Norcal and raise the car up a little more than a 1/4 inch so that my fender lining wasn't completely gone lol, but I do have a few holes now. Oh well, we all sacrifice something in order to have a sick looking car .

Anyways, I must say that despite all of the positive feedback I've read on the forums for Megan LP coilovers, in an unbiased opinion, the coilovers are very, very nice . They ride great even at the low stance that I have, and after having raised it a little in the front, I BARELY rub now (Very minimal rub in the front on inclined/declined turns, ie: driveways). I haven't felt any rubbing in the back (my rear wheels are 19x9 +33 with 245/35/19). I feel that when I'm steering, the car feels much more responsive and especially on turns. I don't have as much roll as I used to. I also don't have the slight floaty feel that I used to have (Eibachs). Nothing bad to say about the Eibachs, they were great for the time being, but I ended up wanting to have something that would allow me to be a little more aggressive with the car. I have yet to try setting the coilovers at a softer adjustment- I probably won't feel as many things in the road, but I don't mind right now!

One more thing, my old Acura Integra had Ground Control coilover sleeves with KYB adjustable shocks (I'm sure anyone that started modding in the Honda/Acura world knows what I'm talking about), and I must say that the Megan LPs ride way better! On to the pictures!!!

Last edited by SoCal35; 03-28-11 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-25-09, 08:13 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks much better
Old 05-25-09, 08:29 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

lookin great man!

Off topic, but how was the fitment of that ings rep?
Old 05-25-09, 08:39 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so u install ur lip back? lol....now spacers please
Old 05-25-09, 08:43 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ooh yea, megans lp ftw.
Old 05-25-09, 08:47 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Looks much better
Thanks man. BTW how'd the spacers work out for you?

Originally Posted by chrIS250
lookin great man!

Off topic, but how was the fitment of that ings rep?
Fitment of the kit was great! No major issues whatsoever. The guy that installed it was surprised with the fitment. Minimal to no modification. Some 3M, shave a little here and there, and a few screws... then you're set!

Originally Posted by radicalrev
so u install ur lip back? lol....now spacers please
Haha yeah. I'm thinking about repainting it again soon, but this time the RIGHT WAY. Not the overnight job (literally) I did last time LOL. Spacers will come, not sure yet what sizes I wanna go with, fender modification... basically dunno what approach I'm gonna take.
Old 05-25-09, 09:03 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

car looks great man ... i wish i had a dark color car or else id get the ings also .. lol
Old 05-25-09, 09:14 PM
USC2000
Driver

Car looks really good. Nice and clean. I love the rims.
Old 05-25-09, 09:18 PM
dappy
Lexus Test Driver

Love the aggressive stance with the INGS. You car is hot!
Old 05-25-09, 09:29 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, you should know better coming from another car that had suspension mods. You go from STIFFEST to SOFT when you adjust. Always start at the STIFFEST settings and count backward.
Old 05-25-09, 09:45 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Dude, you should know better coming from another car that had suspension mods. You go from STIFFEST to SOFT when you adjust. Always start at the STIFFEST settings and count backward.
Haha, well the thing with the KYB adjustables was that they were only 4-way adjustable and were numbered at the top of the strut. Not much counting needed with those. "4" being the stiffest, "1" being the softest. Other KYB adjustables had a **** on the side of the shock body with 8-way adjustable settings. The struts/shocks for the Integra did not have this feature and only had the adjustments made at the top. The way it worked was that you adjusted the shock using a small flathead that came with the shock/strut set and you left the white dot on the setting you wanted. I didn't have to count for anything on these. Megan LPs are the first set of TRUE coilovers that I've experienced with an actual **** at the top.

Old 05-25-09, 09:50 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Ah...all righty then. Well most people go through multiple suspensions on their cars so I thought you'd also with the amount of mods on your car! haha..the megans surprised me too when I put them on 'cause they really do ride close to stock and the built quality/fitment was perfect...you made a good choice bro!
Old 05-25-09, 09:59 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

very cool..I hope to graduate to coils from eibach myself...good to know that not only you get the aggressive look but get a great function upgrade also...what were you doing in Norcal?? maybe next time your out, our crew can say hello!
Old 05-25-09, 10:00 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

looks great!!!
Old 05-25-09, 10:09 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The car and wheels look great.

Quick Reply: Freshly washed, Megans installed...