Saying Goodbye So Soon.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-13, 09:40 AM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saying Goodbye So Soon.

Hi all,

Haven't even been a member on this site for 30 days and am saying goodbye already!

Purchased a 2006 is350 on October 31st, 2013 from Tri County Lexus in Little Falls NJ. Fast Forward 2 weeks the car is having a recall fixed at Lexus of Route 10 due to the fact that Tri County doesn't give out loaner cars unless you are 25 years of age, which I am not.

Route 10 calls me Monday to inform me the car needs 6k of service. They were unaware that I had purchased the car from another dealer and made a comment like "thats what happens when you buy a car from a dealer other then lexus"...lol until I informed them I got it at Tri County.

Car is considered unsafe and documented which is why tri County stepped in.

Tri County got the car back and provided me a loaner pretty seamless. They called me yesterday evening to apologize and want me to pick out a different car as its not a car they should have sold me however, nothing in the same price range available at this time. They are Unwinding the loan now and giving me my 3k down payment + money for tinted windows back.

Currently I still have my e92 335 coupe and an RX tri county provided as a loaner until the loan is unwound completely. Very unhappy about the whole thing.

Did however, have a 2014 is250 from Route 10 as a loaner for a few days, pretty sick. May pick one up in the spring!

If it seems to good to be true, than it probably is.
Old 11-20-13, 10:14 AM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

awww this situation must suck so bad but it does open more options for you hopefully you'll find the right one!
Old 11-20-13, 10:14 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear but honestly it sounds like Tri County took responsibility without screwing around with you first. Of course they shouldn't have sold you this in the first place but at least they are trying to make things right.

Just curious, how did you like the 350 in the time you owned it against the 335?
Old 11-20-13, 10:22 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they should give you a credit, they did pulled your credit and you have an application for a car they shouldnt sell to begin with.
Hope you find a car soon.
Old 11-20-13, 11:00 AM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Sorry to hear but honestly it sounds like Tri County took responsibility without screwing around with you first. Of course they shouldn't have sold you this in the first place but at least they are trying to make things right.

Just curious, how did you like the 350 in the time you owned it against the 335?
Tri county did take full responsibility - they wanted to throw me into an 09 is250 red beige loaded, just not my first color choice.

As far as 335 vs is350 I have to say the is350 has quicker take off, maybe because its RWD? ride wise, i can not really compare as my is350 had 4 bent rims, 4 bald tires and no breaks!

I really like the nav set up in the Is line just a lot more in your face, my 335 is loaded as well but the nav is annoying always squinting seems so far away. Of course the exhaust and turbos in the 335 make it sexier but the IS is for sure a hot piece of ***.

I would recommend a lexus to anyone over the 335 as its just more reliable. 335 has tons of fuel pump issues, turbo issues, and electoral issues. Unless you love driving loaners (like i do, not by choice),have a ton of money, and have a lot of patience, then get a 335. Lexus all the way!

Heres a picture of my 335.

Last edited by isosunrise; 11-20-13 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-20-13, 01:47 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful car, the IS is gorgeous though, like you said a nice piece of hot ***.
Old 11-20-13, 01:51 PM
IS350AWD
Driver

Originally Posted by isosunrise
Tri county did take full responsibility - they wanted to throw me into an 09 is250 red beige loaded, just not my first color choice.

As far as 335 vs is350 I have to say the is350 has quicker take off, maybe because its RWD? ride wise, i can not really compare as my is350 had 4 bent rims, 4 bald tires and no breaks!

I really like the nav set up in the Is line just a lot more in your face, my 335 is loaded as well but the nav is annoying always squinting seems so far away. Of course the exhaust and turbos in the 335 make it sexier but the IS is for sure a hot piece of ***.

I would recommend a lexus to anyone over the 335 as its just more reliable. 335 has tons of fuel pump issues, turbo issues, and electoral issues. Unless you love driving loaners (like i do, not by choice),have a ton of money, and have a lot of patience, then get a 335. Lexus all the way!

Heres a picture of my 335.

Aww that sucks! May I ask what was deemed so unsafe to take the car back? You mentioned no brakes??
Old 11-20-13, 06:10 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

That's awesome they are taking care of you without hassel. Funny how you had a picture with it on the tow truck. What happen?
Old 11-20-13, 07:10 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

^Exactly what I was gonna say! Funny that you posted pics of the Bimmer on the flatbed!

So what exactly was wrong with the IS350?
Old 11-20-13, 08:58 PM
510to808
Pole Position

What state are you I got a loaner car when they fixed a scratch on my car and I'm only 21
Old 11-21-13, 01:51 AM
jaxxon3007
Driver School Candidate

335 feels slower than is350 ? lol. that 335 is no joke, it will outrun is350 in every category.
Old 11-21-13, 03:23 AM
slickwil89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus>BMW. Maybe it's just me, my bro owns an obsidian e39 M5. I'm bias LOL
Old 11-22-13, 08:32 AM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Route 10 Lexus had the car in for the Cam recall. Upon repair they noticed the following.

No pads attached to back calipers.
Front Pads worn down.

Front and Back calipers shot.

4 Rotors grinder down to nothing.

4 Bent Rims. 1 Rim Bend + Crack.

4 Bald tires.

Oil Leaking into the engine. Will blow something, can't remember exactly what he said.

At the end of the day, the total was at about 6k. Called my dealer, they got the car, gave me a loaner (now the story changes LOL and anyone can have a loaner, YEA SURE).

They agreed with Route 10 lexus and said they car is unsafe, lets get you into something else, I said NAH, money back because I would never purchase a car from you.

Told me about 1 week to receive a check for my down payment, well I guess they needed their loaner back so they cut me a check for my down payment + tints bill last night. Cashed the check this morning and moved on.

As far as the 335 goes LOL - have M3 wheels and they are pretty big 19s. The friday prior to this picture (taken on monday) I had the wheels re machined, 3 days later on monday I hit a pot hole, blew out the tire, wheel was OK - needed 4 new tires, $1200

335 sounds nice, ride is rough, I get a nice work out driving, wheel is so stiff, wheels don't make it better. Really want an IS, this whole thing has me in a different state of mind about cars.
Old 11-22-13, 09:47 AM
minato
Pole Position

Originally Posted by isosunrise
Route 10 Lexus had the car in for the Cam recall. Upon repair they noticed the following.

No pads attached to back calipers.
Front Pads worn down.

Front and Back calipers shot.

4 Rotors grinder down to nothing.

4 Bent Rims. 1 Rim Bend + Crack.

4 Bald tires.

Oil Leaking into the engine. Will blow something, can't remember exactly what he said.

At the end of the day, the total was at about 6k. Called my dealer, they got the car, gave me a loaner (now the story changes LOL and anyone can have a loaner, YEA SURE).

They agreed with Route 10 lexus and said they car is unsafe, lets get you into something else, I said NAH, money back because I would never purchase a car from you.

Told me about 1 week to receive a check for my down payment, well I guess they needed their loaner back so they cut me a check for my down payment + tints bill last night. Cashed the check this morning and moved on.

As far as the 335 goes LOL - have M3 wheels and they are pretty big 19s. The friday prior to this picture (taken on monday) I had the wheels re machined, 3 days later on monday I hit a pot hole, blew out the tire, wheel was OK - needed 4 new tires, $1200

335 sounds nice, ride is rough, I get a nice work out driving, wheel is so stiff, wheels don't make it better. Really want an IS, this whole thing has me in a different state of mind about cars.
you sir, have said it all!!! this is the reason, I mean the only reason I cant own a bmw 3 series, 335 or not I wonder how people do it , but I know some folks love the heavy steering feel, I dont ..
lex over bmw anyday tho im bias I know lol
but yeah if you want a bmw that dosent require gyming get the late model 550's or any of the M's
back to topic , sad this had to happen, its people that run companies and same people that give companies a bad name , the dealer in this case messed your experience up , but I would suggest going to the dealer that found out all your problems and check if they have anything in stock you might like .. Good luck
Old 11-22-13, 11:07 AM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by minato
you sir, have said it all!!! this is the reason, I mean the only reason I cant own a bmw 3 series, 335 or not I wonder how people do it , but I know some folks love the heavy steering feel, I dont ..
lex over bmw anyday tho im bias I know lol
but yeah if you want a bmw that dosent require gyming get the late model 550's or any of the M's
back to topic , sad this had to happen, its people that run companies and same people that give companies a bad name , the dealer in this case messed your experience up , but I would suggest going to the dealer that found out all your problems and check if they have anything in stock you might like .. Good luck
At 22 I don't feel the need to have 2 cars. Seems almost silly not that I think of it. I could just have 1 really great car, Rang Rover, etc... Im thinking Spring time I will go buy a 2014 is350 from the dealer that found out these problems.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye So Soon.