IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-15, 11:53 PM
Chyabrah
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@azmojo Sent you a PM

Is there any leverage at all in mentioning what they are going for in CA or is it just irrelevant?
Old 06-19-15, 05:36 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a couple months ago i got a black 2014 is350 F RWD with what was literally every option at its time of build (BSM, ML Stereo, variable steering, all weather mats, keyed lug nuts, bumper guard, 3m front, and trunk net) just had new brakes and tires put on with 27k miles on it for $36K out the door including tax tile registration, fluff dealer fees ect and .9% financing.

I had to fly to SC to get it and drive it back to Philadelphia but i thought it was a smoking deal
Old 06-19-15, 07:03 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
a couple months ago i got a black 2014 is350 F RWD with what was literally every option at its time of build (BSM, ML Stereo, variable steering, all weather mats, keyed lug nuts, bumper guard, 3m front, and trunk net) just had new brakes and tires put on with 27k miles on it for $36K out the door including tax tile registration, fluff dealer fees ect and .9% financing.

I had to fly to SC to get it and drive it back to Philadelphia but i thought it was a smoking deal
Wow - was this used? Even if it was, that's a great deal! And by out the door, you're saying the $36k included sales tax and all fees?

Whoops - just re-read and saw the 27k miles. Still an infant as a Lexus. Great find. Congrats!

Last edited by gmanusmc; 06-19-15 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-19-15, 07:34 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Chyabrah
@azmojo Sent you a PM

Is there any leverage at all in mentioning what they are going for in CA or is it just irrelevant?
IMO, no. The dealers only care if another dealer has made YOU an offer. The logic being that you will go buy it from their competitor. They aren't going to compete against a theoretical price. Although, you might make vague references to buying an Infiniti or Audi and the pricing they are offering you.

Last edited by azmojo; 06-19-15 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-19-15, 08:24 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Wow - was this used? Even if it was, that's a great deal! And by out the door, you're saying the $36k included sales tax and all fees?

Whoops - just re-read and saw the 27k miles. Still an infant as a Lexus. Great find. Congrats!
Yes that $36k was after all fees and random charges, i think the actual sales number was closer to $34k

The previous owner traded it in on an M4 and couldn't be bothered to sell it to the Lexus dealer even thought BMW told him he would get much more.

The dealer was happy with the profit they made at that price point and i was happy with the price i paid. Luckily i acted fast and had a deposit down on it while it still had pictures being dirty at the day of trade in.
Old 06-19-15, 09:11 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
Yes that $36k was after all fees and random charges, i think the actual sales number was closer to $34k

The previous owner traded it in on an M4 and couldn't be bothered to sell it to the Lexus dealer even thought BMW told him he would get much more.

The dealer was happy with the profit they made at that price point and i was happy with the price i paid. Luckily i acted fast and had a deposit down on it while it still had pictures being dirty at the day of trade in.
You were smart to jump on that deal - I'm guessing that car stickered for around $48k plus and NADA even with 27k miles is probaby a good chunk more than $34k - good job!
Old 06-19-15, 01:00 PM
CF1LUV
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $35.7k for my 2014 250awd with 9kodo. It has the technology package, luxury package and other little stuff. The window sticker had a msrp of over 46k, so the car is practically loaded. The cool part is I'm the original owner, the dealer just used the car for 9k miles. It's a cpo, so it did have new tires and pads/rotors, I looked. I don't think they did anything else. Either way new brakes and tires is cool.

Otd it was closer to 37.7k after their high processing fee, taxes and other stuff. Anyways I love the car, couldn't be happier. I also love the starfire pearl color, lexus pearl whites have always been so nice!

Old 06-19-15, 01:55 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CF1LUV
I paid $35.7k for my 2014 250awd with 9kodo. It has the technology package, luxury package and other little stuff. The window sticker had a msrp of over 46k, so the car is practically loaded. The cool part is I'm the original owner, the dealer just used the car for 9k miles. It's a cpo, so it did have new tires and pads/rotors, I looked. I don't think they did anything else. Either way new brakes and tires is cool.

Otd it was closer to 37.7k after their high processing fee, taxes and other stuff. Anyways I love the car, couldn't be happier. I also love the starfire pearl color, lexus pearl whites have always been so nice!

Welcome to the forum!

Another fantastic deal - you guys really know how to find them!

Really nice car at a VERY nice price - way to go.

Congrats and enjoy.
Old 06-19-15, 04:04 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

To address recent questions, here's a good article on buying new cars:
http://www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml
Old 06-19-15, 11:44 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by azmojo
To address recent questions, here's a good article on buying new cars:
http://www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml
Very good info azmojo - thanks for posting.
Old 06-21-15, 06:58 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

So after a long read, I am quite surprised at the deals its possible to get. I was gonna purchase my first Lexus 2015 IS 250 F Sport earlier this week and decided to see what others had paid before purchasing. I was happy with $1500 off msrp, but after reading here I realized that was not a deal at all! Thank you guys so much for opening up my eyes!! LOL.

Anyways back on topic, I decided to get the 350 F Sport if I am able to get the deals everyone is getting, ideally 42k out the door would be awesome, id be happy even with 44k out the door. Does anyone know any dealers in Tampa Bay area or Florida at all? To be honest if anyone knows a dealer that can do 42k out the door anywhere in the US, I will buy it this week! Because no matter what that's a killer deal and will make the drive/flight. But I'm assuming that would definitely be in Cali which is the exact opposite of me.

I also saw the site azmojo posted on buying a new car and will definitely be trying that. Thanks man! Ive been approaching this whole car thing totally wrong! So if anyone knows any dealers that would give me a hell of a deal please pm me! I just got back from Afghanistan, and been saving up for this very car!! Ill also be doing all the steps from the site azmojo listed and see how that does for me, will def keep you guys posted on my first big car purchase!!

Thanks again guys!
Old 06-21-15, 11:39 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GunCrazy
Hey guys,

So after a long read, I am quite surprised at the deals its possible to get. I was gonna purchase my first Lexus 2015 IS 250 F Sport earlier this week and decided to see what others had paid before purchasing. I was happy with $1500 off msrp, but after reading here I realized that was not a deal at all! Thank you guys so much for opening up my eyes!! LOL.

Anyways back on topic, I decided to get the 350 F Sport if I am able to get the deals everyone is getting, ideally 42k out the door would be awesome, id be happy even with 44k out the door. Does anyone know any dealers in Tampa Bay area or Florida at all? To be honest if anyone knows a dealer that can do 42k out the door anywhere in the US, I will buy it this week! Because no matter what that's a killer deal and will make the drive/flight. But I'm assuming that would definitely be in Cali which is the exact opposite of me.

I also saw the site azmojo posted on buying a new car and will definitely be trying that. Thanks man! Ive been approaching this whole car thing totally wrong! So if anyone knows any dealers that would give me a hell of a deal please pm me! I just got back from Afghanistan, and been saving up for this very car!! Ill also be doing all the steps from the site azmojo listed and see how that does for me, will def keep you guys posted on my first big car purchase!!

Thanks again guys!
I'm in CA so I can't point you to any good FL dealers but I AM glad you found this forum BEFORE making your deal - we've seen too many folks asking for opinions on their deal after they've already finalized it and it's too late then. I'm sure some FL folks will chime in and make some recommendations. You've got a good plan - be patient - work only with the Internet folks at as many dealers as possible to get some competition going. Deals in FL are pretty decent, but depending on the options you're looking for, I'm not sure you'll be able to get to $42k otd (incl TTL).

Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going.

Also - thanks for your service - I'm a military retiree myself.
Old 06-22-15, 04:21 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Don't forget there are some differences between 2014 and 2015 like sports not having vented seats. When searching for the ideal used one it was also made more difficult by the generation being relatively new so I wasn't finding many out there that fit my goal. It did take a couple months on autotrader everyday with no mileage away limit before I found mine.
Old 06-23-15, 07:18 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
I'm in CA so I can't point you to any good FL dealers but I AM glad you found this forum BEFORE making your deal - we've seen too many folks asking for opinions on their deal after they've already finalized it and it's too late then. I'm sure some FL folks will chime in and make some recommendations. You've got a good plan - be patient - work only with the Internet folks at as many dealers as possible to get some competition going. Deals in FL are pretty decent, but depending on the options you're looking for, I'm not sure you'll be able to get to $42k otd (incl TTL).

Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going.

Also - thanks for your service - I'm a military retiree myself.
So here is my current status.

After long hours of calling 20+ Dealerships, emailing back and forth, I came down to two dealerships, possible a 3rd he will let me know tom.

MSRP for both is $47,519
Dealership 1- Ultra White/Red Interior OTD- $43853.99
Dealership 2- Black/Black OTD- $44603.99

Now my wife does not like White at all, even tho it is the better deal. Are these numbers pretty good? Im also looking at leasing so I will have those numbers tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

Awesome man, what branch? Im Army
Old 06-23-15, 07:27 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GunCrazy
So here is my current status.

After long hours of calling 20+ Dealerships, emailing back and forth, I came down to two dealerships, possible a 3rd he will let me know tom.

MSRP for both is $47,519
Dealership 1- Ultra White/Red Interior OTD- $43853.99
Dealership 2- Black/Black OTD- $44603.99

Now my wife does not like White at all, even tho it is the better deal. Are these numbers pretty good? Im also looking at leasing so I will have those numbers tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

Awesome man, what branch? Im Army
surprised UW/RR is cheaper. It's more in CA for sure because of the demand. I'm also gun crazy haha

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?