LC Model (2018-present)

Vehicle Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-23, 10:23 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 628 Likes on 334 Posts

i get it, i really do. your paying a lot of money for this car and you want it to be perfect.

But in all honesty, im sure you'll do just as much damage to your rims (micro scratches, pitting, etc) as soon as you roll it off the lot and drive it down the interstate. Yes, that will be damage of your own choosing, but if everything else works out and you love the car, then i wouldnt let this stop you.
However, if you need an excuse to get out of this deal, then take that opportunity since you're not 100% pleased with the ride currently.

Old 03-02-23, 03:53 AM
DAVEB1980
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Lets see what the damage looks like? Did you snap a few shots?
Old 03-02-23, 04:14 AM
MLMLC52K18
Advanced

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Lexus dealers aren’t generally so loose in their attempts to seal the deal.... These guys have made several critical mistakes..... and now Nice has all of the leverage…..Get everything you can…..I know seeing those Michelins would have made this deal much sweeter.....We all want our brand new cars to be perfect….But nothing rarely is.....Good luck bro....
The following users liked this post:
NiceCars (03-02-23)
Old 03-02-23, 04:48 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Screen shot this off a YouTube vid. It's 5 years old but it shows how Lexus wrapped the wheels for shipment then.

Seems to me the only way peebles could get into ALL 4 wheels through That hole would be if they were Purposely put in Thru that hole.
Bruce in Fl

Last edited by BruceinFla; 03-02-23 at 06:15 AM.
NiceCars (03-02-23)
Old 03-02-23, 05:22 AM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Badhobz
i get it, i really do. your paying a lot of money for this car and you want it to be perfect.

But in all honesty, im sure you'll do just as much damage to your rims (micro scratches, pitting, etc) as soon as you roll it off the lot and drive it down the interstate. Yes, that will be damage of your own choosing, but if everything else works out and you love the car, then i wouldnt let this stop you.
However, if you need an excuse to get out of this deal, then take that opportunity since you're not 100% pleased with the ride currently.
Thanks but there’s no deal to get out of as nothing was signed and price wasn’t even discussed until just before car arrived. It’s not minor scratches but actual pitting that your fingernail gets caught in. This was going to be an outright purchase and I’m not laying out $115k for a car with pitting in the uber expensive wheels. My M850 that’s three years old wheels are in better shape.
The following 2 users liked this post by NiceCars:
jamesss711 (03-06-23), MLMLC52K18 (03-02-23)
Old 03-02-23, 05:25 AM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
Screen shot this off a YouTube vid. It's 5 years old but it shows how Lexus wrapped the wheels for shipment then. Bruce in Fl

​​​​​
Thanks for posting but I can’t get it to play…ah I see these are screen shots

Last edited by NiceCars; 03-02-23 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-02-23, 05:27 AM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fodalo
NiceCars I have to believe the Dealer will run this thru warranty as was stated earlier in this post. All will work out.
Thanks, so far they haven’t and I’ve moved in on.
Old 03-02-23, 06:11 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Originally Posted by NiceCars
Thanks for posting but I can’t it to play…are these screen shots?
Yes.
Bruce in Fl
NiceCars (03-02-23)
Old 03-02-23, 06:40 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 628 Likes on 334 Posts

Thanks but there’s no deal to get out of as nothing was signed and price wasn’t even discussed until just before car arrived. It’s not minor scratches but actual pitting that your fingernail gets caught in. This was going to be an outright purchase and I’m not laying out $115k for a car with pitting in the uber expensive wheels. My M850 that’s three years old wheels are in better shape.
if that’s the case I don’t expect them to call you back. They don’t care, that lc will move pretty quick. In Vancouver currently there are no new lc’s available. If there was one, it would be gone within the day.

they’ll sell it to another guy who doesn’t have such a fine eye for details.
NiceCars (03-02-23)
Old 03-02-23, 06:40 AM
DAVEB1980
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

So you put no deposit down on this car?
Old 03-02-23, 07:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,461 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I will say however, Lexus over-did the "enhanced road feel" for '23 as you can feel every ripple in the pavement even in comfort/comfort and we checked the tires to ensure they weren't overinflated.
did you drive other year models for comparison? the run flats are definitely rock hard and obviously pretty low profile. only so much lexus can do.

I think Lexus caved to the magazines on this one and was a mistake imho...
i don't think so, if anything they've softened the ride, especially from the first year. 'enhanced road feel' can also be a steering change, not just suspension, and even suspension changes can be things like adjustment to bushings or sway bars and not the struts/shocks stiffness.

anyway, very sorry to hear the rims were pitted. if the dealer agreed to replace them though, you still wouldn't take the car now?
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
2023LC500 (03-02-23), NiceCars (03-02-23)
Old 03-02-23, 09:26 AM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
did you drive other year models for comparison? the run flats are definitely rock hard and obviously pretty low profile. only so much lexus can do.

i don't think so, if anything they've softened the ride, especially from the first year. 'enhanced road feel' can also be a steering change, not just suspension, and even suspension changes can be things like adjustment to bushings or sway bars and not the struts/shocks stiffness.

anyway, very sorry to hear the rims were pitted. if the dealer agreed to replace them though, you still wouldn't take the car now?
Yes a coupe a few year back and it was nothing like this. You can feel ever ripple and bump, it’s not just the steering and not that it’s uber firm ride, but just that everything is enhanced in road feel/sensation just as they turned the change.

If they’d changed the wheels we would have taken it.

Thanks it just wasn’t meant to be.

Last edited by NiceCars; 03-02-23 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-02-23, 09:28 AM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DAVEB1980
So you put no deposit down on this car?
No it was obtained as a courtesy and according to the dealer they sell everyone they get quickly and wish the had many more. No discounts plus a hefty 900.00 dealer fee.
Old 03-02-23, 09:32 AM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Badhobz
if that’s the case I don’t expect them to call you back. They don’t care, that lc will move pretty quick. In Vancouver currently there are no new lc’s available. If there was one, it would be gone within the day.

they’ll sell it to another guy who doesn’t have such a fine eye for details.
Agree, and or their detail guy will compound them out, or their mobile wheel service will sand and re clear the edges of the spokes where the pitting was which I did not want done.
Old 03-03-23, 06:20 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Agree, and or their detail guy will compound them out, or their mobile wheel service will sand and re clear the edges of the spokes where the pitting was which I did not want done.
I would have probably told them. This has 90% talked me Out of this deal.
Still, WTH, call me after you do whatever your going to do with the wheels and I'll come take a look.
Nothing to lose there. Maybe the wheels will look great and they'll toss some real deal sweetner in.
Bruce in Fl

Quick Reply: Vehicle Arrived